|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first way suggested by students in the class for shooting a scene of a bunch of people coming to class?
(a) As a closeup.
(b) From below.
(c) At head level.
(d) From above.
2. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
3. According to Mamet, it is essential to cut that which has what to us?
(b) Deep personal meaning.
4. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
(c) Flesh out stories.
(d) Create characters.
5. Chapter 1 deals with what element of the process of directing?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
2. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
3. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that if the film follows the protagonist around, what he does had better be what?
4. Who said the following: when we have two theories, each of which adequately describes a phenomenon, always pick the simpler?
5. What was the third beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 2?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)