|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet says that the house has to look like a house. The ______ doesn't have to look like a house.
(a) The steps.
(b) The window.
(c) The door.
2. Mamet says you should always do things in what way, in order to make the best movie?
(a) The least interesting way.
(b) The most frugal way.
(c) The most artistic way.
(d) The most interesting way.
3. Who characterized the notion of "judge of yourself"?
4. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
5. What is the term Mamet used for the protagonist's ultimate goal in the scene in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 deals with what element of the process of directing?
2. According to Mamet, the director is seen as what kind of extension of the screenwriter?
3. Who told Alice it didn't matter which road she took, as cited by Mamet in Chapter 2?
4. Who said of American films that they were all "pictures of people talking"?
5. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)