|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
2. According to Mamet, you can't rely on the ________ to tell the story. Which of these is the correct answer?
3. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that if the film follows the protagonist around, what he does had better be what?
4. Who characterized the notion of "judge of yourself"?
5. In Chapter 2, Mamet says that it's impossible to make a character what?
(a) Narrate a story.
(b) Carry a scene.
(c) Interesting in general.
(d) Relatable to everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The smallest unit is the shot; the largest unit is what?
2. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
3. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
4. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
5. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)