|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
2. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
3. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
4. The first beat in the hypothetical scene of Chapter 2 was to what?
(a) To prepare.
(b) To arrive early.
(c) To pay homage.
(d) To gain respect.
5. Mamet says that the house has to look like a house. The ______ doesn't have to look like a house.
(a) The steps.
(c) The door.
(d) The window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
2. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
3. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
4. What was the third beat about in the hypothetical film in Chapter 2?
5. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)