|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
2. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
(c) Rutgers University.
3. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
(a) Constantin Stanislavsky.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Bruno Bettelheim.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
4. Mamet cited Aristotle in saying there is no such thing as what?
(b) A tragic ending.
(d) A happy ending.
5. What is the term which refers to the protagonist's immediate goal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
2. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
3. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
4. According to Mamet, it is essential to cut that which has what to us?
5. The first beat in the hypothetical scene of Chapter 2 was to what?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)