|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the scenario in Chapter 2, how early did the protagonist arrive to the class?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. According to Mamet, the director is seen as what kind of extension of the screenwriter?
3. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
4. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
(a) The dollycam.
(b) The steadycam.
(c) The zoomcam.
(d) The digital camera.
5. Mamet says you should always do things in what way, in order to make the best movie?
(a) The most frugal way.
(b) The least interesting way.
(c) The most interesting way.
(d) The most artistic way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the point is what happens to he hero, not what happens to the writer?
2. What is the term for the screening of the day's shots?
3. Who said, "Write the story, take out all the good lines, and see if it still works"?
4. In the scene generated for the class in Chapter 2, what did the protagonist want?
5. According to Mamet, the storyteller did NOT need something in Chapter 2. What was it?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)