Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 2, The Writer's Training and Education)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. What painter does Gardner remark in Chapter 1 never sold a painting in his life?
2. Which author does Gardner say has a style at parties to take to the floor at any cost, telling funny stories?
3. What word does Gardner use to mean a phrase is worn out and overused?
4. To whose poetry and prose had Gardner made allusions to in the novel Grendel?
5. In Chapter 1, Gardner writes, "Though there are exceptions, as a rule the good novelist does...
This section contains 1,118 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)