|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Publication and Survival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gardner writes in Chapter 1 that when the central character is a victim there is no what?
2. What name does Gardner assign to the teenage daughter whose unknown father moves next door in Chapter 1?
3. Gardner writes in Chapter 2 that in a bad workshop, the teacher takes the place of the student's what?
(a) Ability to think.
(b) Critical imagination.
(d) Internal critic.
4. Gardner suggests that the dazzling poetry of Mercutio's Queen Mab speech is not the same poetry that who speaks?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Gardner say the world has far more than it needs?
(a) Writing teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does Gardner suggest for help in locating good teachers, advice on fellowships, etc.?
2. Gardner writes in Chapter 3, "Young writers want to ____ because they're unsure of themselves."
3. In Chapter 3, Gardner writes, "One hears the complaint that conferences lead to a kind of writer ____."
4. What are the long pages from the typesetter, marked up by the proofreader for typographical errors?
5. Publishing houses tend to have what, according to Gardner in Chapter 3?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)