|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Faith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gardner say that the question of "do you write with a pen, a typewriter, or what?" is really talking about?
(d) Writer's block.
2. Where did Raymond Carver move to Chico, California from?
3. Where had John Gardner taught before Chico State College?
(a) Oberlin College.
(b) DePaul University.
(c) New York University.
(d) University of Ohio.
4. Gardner calls the ____ of language a trifle in Chapter 4.
5. What does Gardner compare to the floors and structural supports in a fine old mansion in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Gardner say was known to arrive at a party and sit for ten minutes or more staring at guests and not answering when people addressed him in Chapter1?
2. Which writing teacher and author is famous for the energy and relative success with which he pushes his students' work at appropriate editors?
3. What is the honest answer to the question most young writer's ask of "Do I have what it takes to be a writer?" according to Gardner?
4. Which author does Gardner say has a style at parties to take to the floor at any cost, telling funny stories?
5. What was William Gass publishing at New American Library?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)