Chapter 1, The Writer's Nature, Pages 1-34
1. Where did Raymond Carver move to Chico, California from?
2. What year did Raymond Carver move to Chico, California?
3. Where had John Gardner taught before Chico State College?
(a) DePaul University.
(b) University of Ohio.
(c) New York University.
(d) Oberlin College.
4. Which title does Raymond Carver say is the only one he recalls of John Gardner's manuscripts in the Forward?
(b) Nickel Mountain.
(c) The Life and Times of Chaucer.
(d) The King's Indian.
5. What did Garner always wear, according to Raymond Carver in the Forward?
(a) A black suit.
(b) A brown suit.
(c) A gray suit.
(d) A gray fedora.
6. What was Gardner's first wife's name?
7. What story of Robert Penn Warren's did Raymond Carver read in Gardner's class at Chico State College?
(a) "Last of the Mohicans."
(b) "To Have and Have Not."
(d) "Blackberry Winter."
This section contains 3,914 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)