Chapter 1, The Writer's Nature, Pages 1-34
1. Where did Raymond Carver move to Chico, California from?
2. What year did Raymond Carver move to Chico, California?
3. Where had John Gardner taught before Chico State College?
(a) University of Ohio.
(b) Oberlin College.
(c) New York University.
(d) DePaul University.
4. Which title does Raymond Carver say is the only one he recalls of John Gardner's manuscripts in the Forward?
(b) The King's Indian.
(c) Nickel Mountain.
(d) The Life and Times of Chaucer.
5. What did Garner always wear, according to Raymond Carver in the Forward?
(a) A gray suit.
(b) A black suit.
(c) A gray fedora.
(d) A brown suit.
6. What was Gardner's first wife's name?
7. What story of Robert Penn Warren's did Raymond Carver read in Gardner's class at Chico State College?
(a) "Blackberry Winter."
(b) "To Have and Have Not."
(c) "Last of the Mohicans."
This section contains 3,914 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)