|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
2. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
(a) All of these.
(b) People's attention on it.
(c) People's striving for it.
(d) People's gaze on it.
3. Plato said the beauty of one could lead to ____________.
(a) The care of all.
(b) The creation of more.
(c) The love between others.
(d) The replication of beauty.
4. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
(a) It leaves room for error.
(b) It proves her point.
(c) It is always changing.
(d) It has symmetry.
5. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
(a) Academic Conversations.
(b) Religious Practices.
(c) Political Campaigns.
(d) Main stream media.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can never be harmful?
2. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
3. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
4. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)