|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty was demoted from ______________.
(a) The sublime.
(b) The natural man.
(c) The arts.
(d) All of these.
2. What did Andreas write about?
3. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
4. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
5. What is every person seeking?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
2. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
3. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
4. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
5. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarry say about critics of beauty?
2. What is the double meaning of fairness?
3. What does Scarry say about the bad vase?
4. What does Scarry say can never be harmful to humans, and why?
5. How does Scarry end this book?
6. What does Scarry say about beauty leading to urges?
7. What did Anrdreas Eshete write about?
8. How do gods prove the usefulness of beauty?
9. With what does the search for beauty make a compact?
10. What mental actions does Scarry write about, and what do they cause?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)