|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
(a) Harm from humans.
2. What does beauty give us access to do?
(a) Seek better things.
(b) Be distracted from evil.
(c) Find love.
(d) Feel alive.
3. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
(a) It is too subjective.
(b) Some people are born with it.
(c) It is too easily obtained.
(d) Some people don't desire it.
4. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
5. What started the demotion of beauty?
(a) The printing of the Bible.
(b) The change in power distribution.
(c) The introduction of the sublime.
(d) The fall of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
2. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
3. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
4. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Plato say about the beauty of one?
2. What does Scarry say is the normal distinction between the sublime and the beautiful?
3. What does Scarry say about critics of beauty?
4. What does Scarry say about gardens?
5. What does Scarry say comes to a community before justice?
6. What did Rilke salute with his words on beauty and justice?
7. What feeling do most people achieve when they seek beauty?
8. What does Scarry say is different about people searching for beauty?
9. What does Scarry say about the bad vase?
10. How does Scarry feel about the political implications on beauty in her time?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)