|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is uneven in the world?
(b) All of these.
2. What does beauty unseen improve?
(a) The possibilities of the next generation.
(b) Our self interest.
(c) The mystery of the world.
(d) God's love.
3. What contemporary writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
(a) Being well rounded.
(b) One idea havign six faces.
(c) Opposing sides making a whole.
(d) Symmetry with exclusion.
5. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the normal distinction between beauty and deity?
2. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
3. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
4. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
5. What symbolizes social justice for Scarry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarry say about beauty leading to urges?
2. Where does Scarry see the most vulnerability in beauty being admired?
3. What about beauty did Scarry's critics say was destructive?
4. What does Scarry say can never be harmful to humans, and why?
5. What does Scarry say about the bad vase?
6. What feeling do most people achieve when they seek beauty?
7. What are the two perceptions of beauty Scarry talks about, and how do they differ?
8. What is the double meaning of fairness?
9. How do gods prove the usefulness of beauty?
10. What did Anrdreas Eshete write about?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)