|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say was removed from beauty with its demotion?
(a) Its good effects.
(b) Its educational qualities.
(c) Its widespread diversity.
(d) Its metaphysical qualities.
2. What can never be harmful?
(a) Seeking for beautiful things.
(b) Giving pleasure to others.
(c) Reading about beauty.
(d) Being beautiful.
3. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
(a) People changing its ideas.
(b) Its demotion.
(c) The poems written about it.
(d) The negative views about it.
5. What did Andreas write about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes from perfect justice?
2. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
3. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
4. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
5. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)