|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
2. What is the last kind of perception described in the book?
3. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
4. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(c) None of these.
5. Who says that beauty puts us in touch with our bodies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What contemporary writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. Who says that beauty decenters the viewer?
3. What did Euripides describe in detail?
4. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
5. What can never be harmful?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scarry end this book?
2. What does Scarry say about gardens?
3. What does Scarry always include in her writing and why?
4. What about beauty did Scarry's critics say was destructive?
5. What is the double meaning of fairness?
6. What does Scarry say is different about people searching for beauty?
7. What does Scarry say most people want when they search for things?
8. How does Scarry feel about the political implications on beauty in her time?
9. What did Plato say about the beauty of one?
10. Where does Scarry see the most vulnerability in beauty being admired?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)