|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
(a) All of these.
(b) People's attention on it.
(c) People's gaze on it.
(d) People's striving for it.
2. What is NOT always found with beauty?
3. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
(a) They want to own it.
(b) They want to see if it exists.
(c) They want to distract themselves.
(d) They want a purpose.
4. Who said that all things aspire to equality?
5. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Baroque writers.
(b) Contemporary writers.
(c) Classic philosophers.
(d) Mid-Century writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
2. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
3. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
4. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. What is the normal distinction between beauty and deity?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)