|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
(a) One idea havign six faces.
(b) Symmetry with exclusion.
(c) Being well rounded.
(d) Opposing sides making a whole.
2. Who says that beauty decenters the viewer?
3. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
(a) The Imaginative.
(b) The Dream.
(c) The Real.
(d) The Literary.
4. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
(b) Family life.
5. What did Scarry salute?
(a) Countries centered around beauty.
(b) Continued existence.
(d) Philosophers who loved religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
2. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
3. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
4. What is uneven in the world?
5. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)