|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(b) A bathroom.
(c) The studio.
(d) A stage.
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
(a) She agreed with them.
(b) She is amused by them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) She is confused by them.
4. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
5. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) The desire.
(b) The place.
(c) All of these.
(d) The need.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
2. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
3. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
4. Where did Scarry find a motif?
5. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motif did Scarry notice in Matisse's work?
2. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
3. What does Scarry say about the back and forth ideas about beauty?
4. What is the first error of beauty explained by Scarry?
5. How did Leonardo Da Vinci create many of his important pieces?
6. Why does Scarry say some people do not defend beauty?
7. What revelations did Scarry have after reading about Odysseus?
8. What does Scarry say about the metaphysical qualities of beauty?
9. Why does Scarry defend beauty?
10. What does Scarry say many philosophers have a hard time defining?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)