|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
2. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A dream.
(b) A painting.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A book.
3. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To tell the future.
(b) To combat evil.
(c) To show truth.
(d) To improve society.
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
4. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
5. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
2. Why did Plato say people had children?
3. What is the first error of beauty explained by Scarry?
4. What theoretical approaches were majorly emphasized in the 1990's?
5. What does Scarry say about the back and forth ideas about beauty?
6. What dos Scarry say is important about works without precedence?
7. Why does Scarry say some people do not defend beauty?
8. What does Scarry say errors in beauty really show us?
9. How did Leonardo Da Vinci create many of his important pieces?
10. What did Proust want to spend his life doing, and why?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)