|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1990's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1980's.
2. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
3. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
4. What is a motif?
(a) A theme.
(b) A way of expression.
(c) A repeated pattern.
(d) A kind of poem.
5. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He sketched.
(b) He was an inventor.
(c) All of these.
(d) He painted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
2. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
3. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
4. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
5. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Leonardo Da Vinci create many of his important pieces?
2. What motif did Scarry notice in Matisse's work?
3. Why did Scarry include her experience of seeing an owl in this book?
4. What kind of change in beauty is easier for Scarry to deal with and why?
5. What part of Odysseus does Scarry include in this book, and why?
6. Why does Scarry defend beauty?
7. What genre does this book fit in and why?
8. What realization came to Scarry by studying Matisse's works?
9. What happened to the humanities in the 1990's?
10. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)