|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Using them.
(c) Judging them.
(d) Scorning them.
2. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) All of these.
(d) The truth.
3. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It teaches other to be lovely.
(b) It has continual creation.
(c) It brings out the inner beauty.
(d) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
4. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She gives her own experiences.
(b) She cites studies.
(c) She quotes old philosophers.
(d) She interviews other leaders.
5. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
2. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
3. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
4. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
5. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
2. What theoretical approaches were majorly emphasized in the 1990's?
3. What genre does this book fit in and why?
4. What shocked Scarry about seeing a real owl?
5. How did Leonardo Da Vinci create many of his important pieces?
6. What does Scarry say happens when the desire for beauty fades?
7. What kind of change in beauty is hardest for Scarry to deal with and why?
8. What dos Scarry say is important about works without precedence?
9. What realization came to Scarry by studying Matisse's works?
10. What part of Odysseus does Scarry include in this book, and why?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)