Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In particulars.
(b) In landscapes.
(c) In generalities.
(d) In ideas.
2. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
(a) Religious implications.
(b) None of these.
(c) Moral implications.
(d) Legal implication.
3. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
(a) Political complaints.
(b) Religious complaints.
(c) Past complaints.
(d) Jealous complaints.
4. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) She saw beauty in other trees.
(b) All of these.
(c) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
(d) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
5. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
(a) The poems written about it.
(b) Its demotion.
(c) People changing its ideas.
(d) The negative views about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
2. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
3. Which of these terms has a dual meaning?
4. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
5. What does an onlooker of beauty often wish?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)