On Beauty and Being Wrong
1. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(a) All of these.
2. What kind of book is this?
(b) Self Help.
3. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(b) Hard work.
4. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(b) Patriotic ideals.
(c) The humanities.
(d) Natural settings.
6. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She gives her own experiences.
(b) She interviews other leaders.
(c) She quotes old philosophers.
(d) She cites studies.
7. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
8. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
9. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Women being like men.
(b) Women speaking out.
(c) Beauty veing recognized.
(d) Men being like women.
This section contains 3,577 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)