|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
2. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
3. What does Bill refuse to let Nancy do on Sunday night?
4. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
5. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Oliver endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Old Sally is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Sally had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)