|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Mr. Bumble when he tells the story of Oliver's birth?
2. Who cares for Oliver once the police leave after their investigation of the crime scene?
3. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
4. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
5. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book. Also explain how this particular motivation affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Valor is a theme of this play, and it is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)