|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
2. Why does Mr. Brownlow go to the West Indies?
3. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
4. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
5. Who comes to visit Fagin in his cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme of this play, and it is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. Name some of these instances, and explain how these affect the characters in these scenes.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)