|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill refuse to let Nancy do on Sunday night?
2. Who tends to Bill when he falls ill with a fever?
3. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
4. Who cares for Oliver once the police leave after their investigation of the crime scene?
5. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of different characters. Name some of these instances, and explain how fear affects the characters in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this story. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this story?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)