|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
2. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
3. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
4. Why will Mrs. Maylie's son not marry Rose?
5. What information does Oliver need from Fagin?
Essay Topic 1
Old Sally is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Sally had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. Name some of these instances, and explain how these affect the characters in these scenes.
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)