Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
2. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
3. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
4. Why will Mrs. Maylie's son not marry Rose?
5. What information does Oliver need from Fagin?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Old Sally is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Sally had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)