|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
2. What information does Oliver need from Fagin?
3. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
4. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
5. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Valor is a theme of this play, and it is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Love is a theme that is displayed by a few different relationships. Choose two of these relationships, and compare and contrast them with each other.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)