|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Monks' portion of the inheritance?
2. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
3. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
4. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
5. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this play. What are some examples of this theme, and how do they affect the characters involved?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)