|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
2. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
3. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
4. Who tends to Bill when he falls ill with a fever?
5. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. Name some of these instances, and explain how these affect the characters in these scenes.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)