|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Monks' father die?
2. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
3. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
4. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
5. What does Bill say he will do to anyone that betrayed him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Poverty is a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Dickens present the theme in a dynamic way?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)