|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
2. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
3. Who comes to visit Fagin in his cell?
4. What is Mrs. Maylie's son's name?
5. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does the constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Old Sally is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Sally had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)