|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
2. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
3. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
4. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
5. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Valor is a theme of this play, and it is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)