|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
2. How much does Mr. Bumble demand for information about Oliver?
3. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
4. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
5. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this story. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Oliver endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Love is a theme that is displayed by a few different relationships. Choose two of these relationships, and compare and contrast them with each other.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)