|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
2. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
3. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
4. What does Mr. Giles say when the police ask him if Oliver was one of the robbers?
5. What does Rose offer Nancy that she refuses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this story. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this story?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)