|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Monks on the streets?
2. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
3. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
4. Who does Fagin plan to assign to watch Nancy to find out where she goes?
5. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Oliver endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)