|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
2. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
3. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
4. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
5. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Old Sally is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Sally had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of different characters. Name some of these instances, and explain how fear affects the characters in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)