|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
2. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
3. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
4. What does Rose offer Nancy that she refuses?
5. Who is arrested with Fagin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book. Also explain how this particular motivation affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Old Sally is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Sally had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of different characters. Name some of these instances, and explain how fear affects the characters in the book.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)