|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
2. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
3. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
4. Who finds Monks on the streets?
5. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does the constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this story. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this story?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)