|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
2. What are Fagin and the others doing when Toby comes to his house after the botched robbery?
3. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
4. What does Oliver eat at Toby's house?
5. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
2. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
3. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
4. How do the people in Mrs. Maylie's house feel about Oliver when he comes to after having his gunshot wound tended to?
5. What position does Mr. Sowerberry have Oliver take in his business, and how does Oliver feel about it?
6. Where is Oliver's mother found before she gives birth, and what is her condition?
7. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
8. What does Oliver decide to do during the big robbery?
9. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
10. Why does Mr. Brownlow offer to raise the reward on Bill and Fagin's heads?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Oliver endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. Name some of these instances, and explain how these affect the characters in these scenes.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)