|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dodger and Charley do when Oliver is caught by a policeman?
2. Where is the first place Fagin goes to find Bill after Toby's report?
3. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
4. Who does Fagin tell about the botched robbery in hopes of assistance?
5. How much is the parish willing to offer to someone to take Oliver off their hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
2. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
3. What does Oliver decide to do during the big robbery?
4. Where is Oliver's mother found before she gives birth, and what is her condition?
5. How does Oliver feel when he is apprenticed to Mr. Sowerberry?
6. Why does Mr. Brownlow offer to raise the reward on Bill and Fagin's heads?
7. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
8. How do Bill and his dog die?
9. When they talk on the bridge, why does Nancy tell Rose that she can never leave Fagin?
10. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Poverty is a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Dickens present the theme in a dynamic way?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)