|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
2. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
3. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
4. What is Mr. Sowerberry's occupation?
5. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nancy offer to do so that Rose can reach her if need be, and what is she risking to do this?
2. How do Bill and his dog die?
3. What kind of nightmare does Oliver have when Harry comes to see Rose, and what does he see when he wakes up?
4. What does Oliver decide to do during the big robbery?
5. What does Oliver do when he is punished for his attack after Mr. Sowerberry comes home?
6. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
7. What does Oliver do at the regular workhouse that gets him in trouble?
8. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
9. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
10. How does Bill try to hide the evidence of his murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a theme that is displayed by a few different relationships. Choose two of these relationships, and compare and contrast them with each other.
Essay Topic 2
Oliver endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book. Also explain how this particular motivation affects the characters around them.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)