|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dying woman tell Mrs. Corney her secret?
2. What is Mr. Sowerberry's occupation?
3. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
4. What does Oliver find in every room of Fagin's house when he is locked in there all day?
5. What is the book about that Oliver is given while he waits for the big robbery to begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bill and his dog die?
2. What does Nancy do when Bill refuses to let her out of the house on Sunday night?
3. What has Harry done in order to get Rose to marry him?
4. How does Bill try to hide the evidence of his murder?
5. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
6. What does Bill do when he hears about what Nancy has told Rose?
7. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mr. Brownlow when he arrives in London, and what is Mr. Brownlow's response to this?
8. How do the people in Mrs. Maylie's house feel about Oliver when he comes to after having his gunshot wound tended to?
9. Why does Mr. Brownlow leave so suddenly for the West Indies?
10. What does Fagin do when he hears about what happened to Oliver during the botched robbery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Oliver endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,409 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)