|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bill and Oliver eat dinner just before the big robbery?
2. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
3. Who does Fagin get to force Oliver to cooperate while they are away at the next big robbery?
4. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
5. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
2. What does Sally take from Oliver's mother when she dies?
3. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
4. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
5. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
6. What does Bill do when he hears about what Nancy has told Rose?
7. How does Nancy react when Fagin strikes Oliver for trying to run away?
8. What does Mr. Brownlow do to try and prove Oliver's integrity?
9. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
10. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this story. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)