|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
2. Who asks Mr. Bumble to send their love to Oliver in London before he leaves?
3. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
4. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
5. Who gives Oliver his daily beatings while he is in solitary confinement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
2. What happens when Oliver knocks on the door of the house he tried to rob?
3. How does Oliver feel about what he witnesses on the day of Fagin's hanging?
4. How is Oliver's name cleared at the hearing after the theft of the handkerchief?
5. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
6. How does Fagin feel about his main partner in crime?
7. Why does Mr. Brownlow leave so suddenly for the West Indies?
8. What kind of nightmare does Oliver have when Harry comes to see Rose, and what does he see when he wakes up?
9. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
10. What, and how often, does Harry ask Oliver to write to him after Harry leaves his mother's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a theme that is displayed by a few different relationships. Choose two of these relationships, and compare and contrast them with each other.
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this play. What are some examples of this theme, and how do they affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does the constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)