|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
(a) In a year.
(b) In 6 months.
(c) In 2 years.
(d) In a month.
2. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
(a) Work with him to free Dodger from jail.
(b) Poison Bill and join him.
(c) Get some information about Oliver.
(d) Find some evidence to lock Bill up.
3. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
(a) 6,000 pounds.
(b) 60,000 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 600 pounds.
4. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
(a) Beg on the streets at night, and work at a factory by day.
(b) Work at the workhouse.
(c) Become thieves.
(d) Open an undertaking shop.
5. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
(b) Mr. Giles.
(c) The doctor.
6. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
(a) Oliver's mother.
(c) Mr. Brownlow.
(d) Monks's mother.
7. What is Noah told to give up in order to be employed by Fagin?
(a) His new clothes.
(b) 20 pounds.
(d) The food he took from the Sowerberrys.
8. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Whenever he needs some help.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every 2 weeks.
9. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his nephew.
(b) Oliver is his cousin.
(c) Oliver is his brother.
(d) Oliver is his son.
10. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(c) Another lover.
(d) A police officer.
11. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
(a) Lock all the windows.
(b) Set up a guard around the house.
(c) Search the premises for Fagin.
(d) Lock Oliver in his room.
12. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
13. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
(a) A workhouse.
14. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
(a) She learns the truth about Oliver's past.
(b) She gets engaged.
(c) She tries to adopt Oliver.
(d) She gets a fever.
15. What does Rose offer Nancy that she refuses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
2. What is Mrs. Maylie's son's name?
3. What is Oliver's father's name?
4. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
5. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)