|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Brownlow go to the West Indies?
(a) To travel and get his mind off of Oliver.
(b) To make his fortune.
(c) To visit the grave of his old friend.
(d) To find Monks.
2. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
(a) Open an undertaking shop.
(b) Become thieves.
(c) Work at the workhouse.
(d) Beg on the streets at night, and work at a factory by day.
3. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
4. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) A bar.
(b) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
(c) Fagin's house.
(d) Bill's house.
5. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
(a) Work with him to free Dodger from jail.
(b) Poison Bill and join him.
(c) Find some evidence to lock Bill up.
(d) Get some information about Oliver.
6. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
(a) Set up a guard around the house.
(b) Search the premises for Fagin.
(c) Lock all the windows.
(d) Lock Oliver in his room.
7. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Brownlow.
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
8. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his nephew.
(b) Oliver is his cousin.
(c) Oliver is his son.
(d) Oliver is his brother.
9. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
(a) Monks gets 500 pounds and Oliver gets 100 due to their ages.
(c) Most to Oliver, but enough for a sparse living to Monks.
(d) Most to Monks, but enough for a sparse living to Oliver.
10. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) He is miserable.
(b) He is extremely happy.
(c) It is just as he expected.
(d) He feels he has done the right thing.
11. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
12. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Bill is out of town.
(b) Bill is asleep.
(c) She promised to get Bill some more vodka on the way home.
(d) Bill thinks she is going to Fagin's house.
13. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
14. Who does Bill take with him after his fight with Nancy regarding what she tells Rose?
(c) His dog.
15. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Steals it.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Pawns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested with Fagin?
2. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
3. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
4. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
5. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)