|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(a) Mr. Giles.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
2. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
3. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
(a) Lock all the windows.
(b) Lock Oliver in his room.
(c) Search the premises for Fagin.
(d) Set up a guard around the house.
4. What does Bill refuse to let Nancy do on Sunday night?
(a) Talk with Fagin alone.
(b) Have extra wine.
(c) Send a letter.
(d) Leave the house.
5. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
6. How much does Mr. Bumble demand for information about Oliver?
(a) 25 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
7. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
(a) She learns the truth about Oliver's past.
(b) She tries to adopt Oliver.
(c) She gets engaged.
(d) She gets a fever.
8. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Pawns it.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Steals it.
9. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
(a) He bites his fingernails just like her.
(b) He used an old saying that only she said.
(c) He resembles her.
(d) He has the locket.
10. Who is arrested with Fagin?
11. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
(a) He seems aged beyond his years.
(b) He is missing an eye.
(c) His skin looks yellow.
(d) He has a fit of madness.
12. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
(d) A workhouse.
13. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
(a) West Indies.
(c) The countryside.
14. What happens to Monks' portion of the inheritance?
(a) His mother took it.
(b) He spent it.
(c) It was never allotted.
(d) It was only to be given if he was honest.
15. What is Noah told to give up in order to be employed by Fagin?
(b) The food he took from the Sowerberrys.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) His new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
2. How does Bill die?
3. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
4. Who accompanies Mr. Bumble when he tells the story of Oliver's birth?
5. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)