|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Steals it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Pawns it.
(d) Throws it in the river.
2. Who does Oliver want to apologize to after he heals from his wounds?
(a) Mr. Giles.
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(d) Mr. Bumble.
3. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(c) Plans for the next robbery.
4. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) Fagin's house.
(b) A bar.
(c) Bill's house.
(d) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
5. How does Monks know the person who found him on the streets?
(a) He is his father's oldest friend.
(b) He is his employer.
(c) He is his half-brother.
(d) He is his old office mate.
6. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
(a) Harry and Monks.
(b) Rose and Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Oliver and Rose.
(d) Charlotte and Mrs. Maylie.
7. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
(a) He sees the blood stains.
(b) He mentions Fagin's name.
(c) He eyes him suspiciously.
(d) He asks about Nancy.
8. What is Oliver's father's name?
9. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 6,000 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 60,000 pounds.
10. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
(a) Life of hard labor for the state.
(c) Shipped to Austrailia.
(d) Life in prison.
11. Who does Fagin plan to assign to watch Nancy to find out where she goes?
12. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
(a) Become thieves.
(b) Beg on the streets at night, and work at a factory by day.
(c) Open an undertaking shop.
(d) Work at the workhouse.
13. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
(a) Most to Monks, but enough for a sparse living to Oliver.
(b) Most to Oliver, but enough for a sparse living to Monks.
(c) Monks gets 500 pounds and Oliver gets 100 due to their ages.
14. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
15. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
2. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
3. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
4. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
5. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)