|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested with Fagin?
2. Where does Monks' father die?
(a) West Indies.
3. Who follows the group to Toby's hideout?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Bill's dog.
4. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
(a) Whenever he needs some help.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every 2 weeks.
(d) Once a month.
5. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Pawns it.
(d) Steals it.
6. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
(a) Noah received an inheritance from a rich aunt.
(b) Charlotte worked on the streets to earn the money.
(c) They saved their earnings from the Sowerberrys.
(d) They stole from Mr. Sowerberry.
7. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
(a) In a month.
(b) In 2 years.
(c) In 6 months.
(d) In a year.
8. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
9. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
(a) Harry's house.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The coast.
(d) Mrs. Maylie's house.
10. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
(a) So he will suffer in prison.
(b) So he will ruin his true nature.
(c) So he will not get the inheritance.
(d) So nobody will know his heritage.
11. How does Fagin feel about the news that Noah brings him regarding Nancy?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is surprised.
12. What is Mrs. Maylie's son's name?
13. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
(a) He is missing an eye.
(b) He seems aged beyond his years.
(c) He has a fit of madness.
(d) His skin looks yellow.
14. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
(a) 60,000 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 6,000 pounds.
(d) 600 pounds.
15. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(b) The doctor.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mr. Giles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
2. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
3. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
4. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
5. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)