|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
2. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
(a) In 2 years.
(b) In 6 months.
(c) In a year.
(d) In a month.
3. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(a) A police officer.
(c) Another lover.
4. Who is arrested with Fagin?
5. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
(a) Monks gets 500 pounds and Oliver gets 100 due to their ages.
(b) Most to Oliver, but enough for a sparse living to Monks.
(d) Most to Monks, but enough for a sparse living to Oliver.
6. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
(a) It was done by professionals.
(b) It was a botched job.
(c) They didn't get away with much.
(d) The robbers should be easy to track.
7. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
(a) Become thieves.
(b) Open an undertaking shop.
(c) Beg on the streets at night, and work at a factory by day.
(d) Work at the workhouse.
8. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
9. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) A bar.
(b) Bill's house.
(c) Fagin's house.
(d) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
10. Where does Oliver spend the spring after his wounds from the robbery are healed?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The workhouse.
(d) Mrs. Maylie's house.
11. How does Monks know the person who found him on the streets?
(a) He is his employer.
(b) He is his half-brother.
(c) He is his father's oldest friend.
(d) He is his old office mate.
12. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
13. Who tends to Bill when he falls ill with a fever?
14. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his son.
(b) Oliver is his cousin.
(c) Oliver is his brother.
(d) Oliver is his nephew.
15. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
2. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
3. Why is Fagin so invested in seeing to Oliver's return to his house?
4. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
5. Who finds Monks on the streets?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)