|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Monks on the streets?
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
2. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
(a) In a month.
(b) In a year.
(c) In 2 years.
(d) In 6 months.
3. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
(a) Jacob's island.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) The workhouse.
(d) A deserted pub.
4. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his cousin.
(b) Oliver is his nephew.
(c) Oliver is his son.
(d) Oliver is his brother.
5. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) Bill's house.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
(d) A bar.
6. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Oliver's hotel.
(b) The bridge.
(c) A bar.
(d) Fagin's house.
7. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
8. What happens to Monks' portion of the inheritance?
(a) It was only to be given if he was honest.
(b) His mother took it.
(c) He spent it.
(d) It was never allotted.
9. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
(a) Work with him to free Dodger from jail.
(b) Poison Bill and join him.
(c) Find some evidence to lock Bill up.
(d) Get some information about Oliver.
10. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
11. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Bill is out of town.
(b) Bill is asleep.
(c) She promised to get Bill some more vodka on the way home.
(d) Bill thinks she is going to Fagin's house.
12. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) A threat from Bill Sikes.
(b) Harry standing in his doorway.
(c) Fagin looking at him in the window.
(d) Some blood from his old wound.
13. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
14. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Mr. Giles.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
15. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
2. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
3. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
4. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
5. Who does Fagin plan to assign to watch Nancy to find out where she goes?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)