|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Mr. Giles.
2. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
(a) It was a botched job.
(b) They didn't get away with much.
(c) It was done by professionals.
(d) The robbers should be easy to track.
3. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
4. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Bill is out of town.
(b) Bill thinks she is going to Fagin's house.
(c) She promised to get Bill some more vodka on the way home.
(d) Bill is asleep.
5. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
6. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
(b) Most to Monks, but enough for a sparse living to Oliver.
(c) Most to Oliver, but enough for a sparse living to Monks.
(d) Monks gets 500 pounds and Oliver gets 100 due to their ages.
7. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) He feels he has done the right thing.
(b) He is miserable.
(c) It is just as he expected.
(d) He is extremely happy.
8. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
(a) He eyes him suspiciously.
(b) He mentions Fagin's name.
(c) He sees the blood stains.
(d) He asks about Nancy.
9. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
(a) Work at the workhouse.
(b) Beg on the streets at night, and work at a factory by day.
(c) Become thieves.
(d) Open an undertaking shop.
10. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Oliver's hotel.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) The bridge.
(d) A bar.
11. What does Bill say he will do to anyone that betrayed him?
(a) Leave them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Turn them in to the cops.
(d) Beat them and leave them for dead.
12. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
13. Where does Oliver spend the spring after his wounds from the robbery are healed?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) The workhouse.
(c) The countryside.
(d) Mrs. Maylie's house.
14. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
(b) Bill's house.
(c) A bar.
(d) Fagin's house.
15. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Mrs. Maylie.
(c) Mr. Bumble.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
2. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
3. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
4. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
5. How much does Mr. Bumble demand for information about Oliver?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)