|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
2. What information does Oliver need from Fagin?
(a) The location of the money he owed Oliver.
(b) The true identity of Bill.
(c) The location of the papers Monks gave him.
(d) The true identity of Dodger.
3. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) He is miserable.
(b) It is just as he expected.
(c) He is extremely happy.
(d) He feels he has done the right thing.
4. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) Fagin looking at him in the window.
(b) Harry standing in his doorway.
(c) Some blood from his old wound.
(d) A threat from Bill Sikes.
5. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Steals it.
(c) Throws it in the river.
(d) Pawns it.
6. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
7. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
(a) She learns the truth about Oliver's past.
(b) She tries to adopt Oliver.
(c) She gets a fever.
(d) She gets engaged.
8. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
9. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
10. What does Mr. Giles say when the police ask him if Oliver was one of the robbers?
(a) He is sure that he wasn't.
(b) He just can't tell.
(c) He doesn't remember a child being with the robbers.
(d) He definitely is.
11. What is Oliver's father's name?
12. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
13. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
(a) Beg on the streets at night, and work at a factory by day.
(b) Open an undertaking shop.
(c) Work at the workhouse.
(d) Become thieves.
14. On what day is Fagin sentenced to die?
15. Who does Bill take with him after his fight with Nancy regarding what she tells Rose?
(c) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
2. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
3. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
4. Who follows the group to Toby's hideout?
5. How much does Mr. Bumble demand for information about Oliver?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)