|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) A bar.
(b) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
(c) Fagin's house.
(d) Bill's house.
2. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(c) A police officer.
(d) Another lover.
3. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
4. Why will Mrs. Maylie's son not marry Rose?
(a) He is afraid to ask his mother's permission.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) There is a bad mark on her name.
(d) She refused him.
5. What is Oliver's mother's name?
6. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
7. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. Who does Fagin wish to speak with before he dies?
9. On what day is Fagin sentenced to die?
10. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
(a) Become thieves.
(b) Open an undertaking shop.
(c) Work at the workhouse.
(d) Beg on the streets at night, and work at a factory by day.
11. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
(a) He resembles her.
(b) He used an old saying that only she said.
(c) He bites his fingernails just like her.
(d) He has the locket.
12. How does Bill die?
(a) He falls off the roof.
(b) He accidently hangs himself.
(c) Charley strangles him.
(d) The police shoot him.
13. Who does Oliver want to apologize to after he heals from his wounds?
(a) Mr. Giles.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Brownlow.
14. What does Bill refuse to let Nancy do on Sunday night?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Send a letter.
(c) Talk with Fagin alone.
(d) Have extra wine.
15. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
(a) He loves her too much.
(b) He doesn't want people to hear him.
(c) She offers him the money Rose gave her.
(d) He has too much blood on his hands already.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
2. Who finds Monks on the streets?
3. Where does Monks die?
4. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
5. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)