|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Noah told to give up in order to be employed by Fagin?
(b) The food he took from the Sowerberrys.
(c) His new clothes.
(d) 20 pounds.
2. How does Monks know the person who found him on the streets?
(a) He is his employer.
(b) He is his old office mate.
(c) He is his half-brother.
(d) He is his father's oldest friend.
3. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Mr. Bumble.
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
4. Who is arrested with Fagin?
5. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every 2 weeks.
(d) Whenever he needs some help.
6. What does Bill say he will do to anyone that betrayed him?
(a) Turn them in to the cops.
(b) Leave them.
(c) Beat them and leave them for dead.
(d) Kill them.
7. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) He is miserable.
(b) It is just as he expected.
(c) He feels he has done the right thing.
(d) He is extremely happy.
8. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) Harry standing in his doorway.
(b) Some blood from his old wound.
(c) A threat from Bill Sikes.
(d) Fagin looking at him in the window.
9. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(b) Plans for the next robbery.
10. What does Rose offer Nancy that she refuses?
11. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Bill is asleep.
(b) She promised to get Bill some more vodka on the way home.
(c) Bill is out of town.
(d) Bill thinks she is going to Fagin's house.
12. What is Oliver's mother's name?
13. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
(a) 60,000 pounds.
(b) 6,000 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 600 pounds.
14. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Pawns it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Steals it.
(d) Throws it in the river.
15. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
2. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
3. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
4. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
5. Who follows the group to Toby's hideout?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)