|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 60,000 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 6,000 pounds.
2. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
(b) A workhouse.
3. What paperwork does Oliver have to sign?
(a) His turning-of-age papers.
(b) His inheritance papers.
(c) His witness papers against Fagin.
(d) His adoption papers.
4. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
(a) So he will not get the inheritance.
(b) So he will suffer in prison.
(c) So nobody will know his heritage.
(d) So he will ruin his true nature.
5. Who does Fagin plan to assign to watch Nancy to find out where she goes?
6. What does Fagin ask of Oliver before he is hung?
(a) To take the money he has hidden.
(b) To forgive him.
(c) To witness about his innocence.
(d) To help him escape.
7. What is Oliver's father's name?
8. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
(a) He seems aged beyond his years.
(b) His skin looks yellow.
(c) He has a fit of madness.
(d) He is missing an eye.
9. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(d) Plans for the next robbery.
10. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
11. Who is arrested with Fagin?
12. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
(a) The coast.
(b) Mrs. Maylie's house.
(c) Harry's house.
(d) The countryside.
13. What does Mr. Giles say when the police ask him if Oliver was one of the robbers?
(a) He is sure that he wasn't.
(b) He just can't tell.
(c) He doesn't remember a child being with the robbers.
(d) He definitely is.
14. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
(a) Oliver's mother.
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Monks's mother.
15. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his brother.
(b) Oliver is his nephew.
(c) Oliver is his cousin.
(d) Oliver is his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fagin feel about the news that Noah brings him regarding Nancy?
2. Who does Bill take with him after his fight with Nancy regarding what she tells Rose?
3. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
4. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
5. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)