|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
2. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
3. How does Fagin feel about the news that Noah brings him regarding Nancy?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is amused.
4. Who does Bill take with him after his fight with Nancy regarding what she tells Rose?
(a) His dog.
5. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
(b) Monks gets 500 pounds and Oliver gets 100 due to their ages.
(c) Most to Monks, but enough for a sparse living to Oliver.
(d) Most to Oliver, but enough for a sparse living to Monks.
6. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
(a) She is afraid he will stop loving her when she gets older.
(b) She does not want her bad name to tarnish his career.
(c) She does not want to leave Mrs. Maylie's house.
(d) She does not love him.
7. Who finds Monks on the streets?
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
8. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
9. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
(a) He bites his fingernails just like her.
(b) He resembles her.
(c) He used an old saying that only she said.
(d) He has the locket.
10. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
(a) Noah received an inheritance from a rich aunt.
(b) Charlotte worked on the streets to earn the money.
(c) They stole from Mr. Sowerberry.
(d) They saved their earnings from the Sowerberrys.
11. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Whenever he needs some help.
(c) Every 2 weeks.
(d) Every week.
12. Who cares for Oliver once the police leave after their investigation of the crime scene?
(a) Mr. Giles.
(b) The Doctor.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
13. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
(a) 60,000 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 600 pounds.
(d) 6,000 pounds.
14. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) Fagin looking at him in the window.
(b) Some blood from his old wound.
(c) Harry standing in his doorway.
(d) A threat from Bill Sikes.
15. What is Harry's profession?
(a) Land owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
2. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
3. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
4. Who is arrested with Fagin?
5. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)