|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
(a) Shipped to Austrailia.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Life of hard labor for the state.
2. What is Harry's profession?
(a) Land owner.
3. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
(a) Rose and Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Charlotte and Mrs. Maylie.
(c) Harry and Monks.
(d) Oliver and Rose.
4. How does Monks know the person who found him on the streets?
(a) He is his father's oldest friend.
(b) He is his employer.
(c) He is his old office mate.
(d) He is his half-brother.
5. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
6. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
(a) She is afraid he will stop loving her when she gets older.
(b) She does not want her bad name to tarnish his career.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She does not want to leave Mrs. Maylie's house.
7. What does Bill refuse to let Nancy do on Sunday night?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Send a letter.
(c) Talk with Fagin alone.
(d) Have extra wine.
8. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
(a) They didn't get away with much.
(b) The robbers should be easy to track.
(c) It was a botched job.
(d) It was done by professionals.
9. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
10. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
(a) A workhouse.
11. Who tends to Bill when he falls ill with a fever?
12. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
(a) A deserted pub.
(b) The workhouse.
(c) Jacob's island.
(d) Fagin's house.
13. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Pawns it.
(c) Steals it.
(d) Throws it in the river.
14. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Bill is out of town.
(b) She promised to get Bill some more vodka on the way home.
(c) Bill thinks she is going to Fagin's house.
(d) Bill is asleep.
15. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
(a) He is missing an eye.
(b) His skin looks yellow.
(c) He has a fit of madness.
(d) He seems aged beyond his years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
2. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
3. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
4. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
5. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)