|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Bumble.
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
2. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
(a) He sees the blood stains.
(b) He asks about Nancy.
(c) He mentions Fagin's name.
(d) He eyes him suspiciously.
3. Why is Fagin so invested in seeing to Oliver's return to his house?
(a) He has taken a liking to Oliver.
(b) Monks is paying him to do so.
(c) He hates to see street filth living the high life.
(d) It is a matter of pride that he not lose a boy.
4. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
(a) So he will not get the inheritance.
(b) So he will ruin his true nature.
(c) So nobody will know his heritage.
(d) So he will suffer in prison.
5. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
(a) With Rose and Harry.
(b) In a new house in London.
(c) With Mr. Brownlow in the West Indies.
(d) At her house with Oliver.
6. Where does Monks die?
(a) On a ship going to America.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a fight.
7. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
8. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
9. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(d) Plans for the next robbery.
10. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
(a) The workhouse.
(b) Jacob's island.
(c) A deserted pub.
(d) Fagin's house.
11. On what day is Fagin sentenced to die?
12. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
(a) He has the locket.
(b) He resembles her.
(c) He used an old saying that only she said.
(d) He bites his fingernails just like her.
13. Where does Oliver spend the spring after his wounds from the robbery are healed?
(a) The workhouse.
(b) Mrs. Maylie's house.
(c) The countryside.
(d) A boarding school.
14. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
15. Where does Monks' father die?
(a) West Indies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
2. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
3. What is Harry's profession?
4. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
5. How is Monks related to Oliver?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)