|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's profession?
(d) Land owner.
2. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
(a) The countryside.
(b) West Indies.
3. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
(c) A workhouse.
4. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Mr. Bumble.
5. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
(a) She does not want to leave Mrs. Maylie's house.
(b) She does not want her bad name to tarnish his career.
(c) She is afraid he will stop loving her when she gets older.
(d) She does not love him.
6. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(a) Another lover.
(b) A police officer.
7. Who does Fagin wish to speak with before he dies?
8. Why is Fagin so invested in seeing to Oliver's return to his house?
(a) Monks is paying him to do so.
(b) It is a matter of pride that he not lose a boy.
(c) He has taken a liking to Oliver.
(d) He hates to see street filth living the high life.
9. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
10. What does Bill refuse to let Nancy do on Sunday night?
(a) Talk with Fagin alone.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Send a letter.
(d) Have extra wine.
11. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) A bar.
(b) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
(c) Bill's house.
(d) Fagin's house.
12. What is Oliver's mother's name?
13. What does Mr. Giles say when the police ask him if Oliver was one of the robbers?
(a) He is sure that he wasn't.
(b) He doesn't remember a child being with the robbers.
(c) He definitely is.
(d) He just can't tell.
14. What information does Oliver need from Fagin?
(a) The true identity of Dodger.
(b) The true identity of Bill.
(c) The location of the papers Monks gave him.
(d) The location of the money he owed Oliver.
15. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) The bridge.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) A bar.
(d) Oliver's hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fagin feel about the news that Noah brings him regarding Nancy?
2. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
3. Where does Oliver spend the spring after his wounds from the robbery are healed?
4. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
5. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)