|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
(a) Oliver and Rose.
(b) Rose and Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Charlotte and Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Harry and Monks.
2. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
(a) Dodger was arrested.
(b) Bill has formed a new society.
(c) Charley has run away.
(d) Nancy is suspected as a spy.
3. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
(a) A deserted pub.
(b) The workhouse.
(c) Fagin's house.
(d) Jacob's island.
4. Why will Mrs. Maylie's son not marry Rose?
(a) She refused him.
(b) He is afraid to ask his mother's permission.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) There is a bad mark on her name.
5. What information does Oliver need from Fagin?
(a) The location of the papers Monks gave him.
(b) The true identity of Bill.
(c) The location of the money he owed Oliver.
(d) The true identity of Dodger.
6. Who cares for Oliver once the police leave after their investigation of the crime scene?
(b) Mrs. Maylie.
(c) Mr. Giles.
(d) The Doctor.
7. Who accompanies Mr. Bumble when he tells the story of Oliver's birth?
(b) Mrs. Derbin.
(c) Mrs. Bumble.
(d) Mr. Sowerberry.
8. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
(a) She offers him the money Rose gave her.
(b) He has too much blood on his hands already.
(c) He loves her too much.
(d) He doesn't want people to hear him.
9. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
10. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) Some blood from his old wound.
(b) A threat from Bill Sikes.
(c) Harry standing in his doorway.
(d) Fagin looking at him in the window.
11. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) The bridge.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) A bar.
(d) Oliver's hotel.
12. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(b) Plans for the next robbery.
13. What paperwork does Oliver have to sign?
(a) His inheritance papers.
(b) His turning-of-age papers.
(c) His witness papers against Fagin.
(d) His adoption papers.
14. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
15. What is Harry's profession?
(a) Land owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Brownlow go to the West Indies?
2. What is Mrs. Maylie's son's name?
3. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
4. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
5. How much does Mr. Bumble demand for information about Oliver?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)