|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Bumble's title before he marries Mrs. Corney?
(a) Orphanage associate.
(b) Case Worker.
(d) Pauper protector.
2. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
(b) A workhouse.
3. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
4. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
(a) Bill has formed a new society.
(b) Nancy is suspected as a spy.
(c) Dodger was arrested.
(d) Charley has run away.
5. Who comes to visit Fagin in his cell?
(c) Mr. Brownlow.
6. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
(a) She tries to adopt Oliver.
(b) She learns the truth about Oliver's past.
(c) She gets a fever.
(d) She gets engaged.
7. Where does Oliver spend the spring after his wounds from the robbery are healed?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The workhouse.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) Mrs. Maylie's house.
8. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Throws it in the river.
(b) Pawns it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Steals it.
9. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
10. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Another lover.
11. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
(a) Bill is out of town.
(b) Bill thinks she is going to Fagin's house.
(c) She promised to get Bill some more vodka on the way home.
(d) Bill is asleep.
12. Who does Fagin wish to speak with before he dies?
13. Who does Oliver want to apologize to after he heals from his wounds?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Mr. Giles.
(c) Mr. Bumble.
14. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) Bill's house.
(b) A bar.
(c) Fagin's house.
(d) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
15. What happens to Monks' portion of the inheritance?
(a) It was never allotted.
(b) His mother took it.
(c) He spent it.
(d) It was only to be given if he was honest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
2. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
3. How do Noah and Charlotte plan to make a living in London?
4. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
5. Who follows the group to Toby's hideout?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)