|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
(a) They didn't get away with much.
(b) It was a botched job.
(c) It was done by professionals.
(d) The robbers should be easy to track.
2. Who cares for Oliver once the police leave after their investigation of the crime scene?
(a) The Doctor.
(c) Mr. Giles.
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
3. Who accompanies Mr. Bumble when he tells the story of Oliver's birth?
(a) Mrs. Bumble.
(b) Mrs. Derbin.
(d) Mr. Sowerberry.
4. What does Fagin ask of Oliver before he is hung?
(a) To witness about his innocence.
(b) To take the money he has hidden.
(c) To help him escape.
(d) To forgive him.
5. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
(a) In a new house in London.
(b) With Rose and Harry.
(c) With Mr. Brownlow in the West Indies.
(d) At her house with Oliver.
6. On what day is Fagin sentenced to die?
7. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) Fagin's house.
(b) A bar.
(c) Bill's house.
(d) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
8. What does Mr. Giles say when the police ask him if Oliver was one of the robbers?
(a) He is sure that he wasn't.
(b) He definitely is.
(c) He just can't tell.
(d) He doesn't remember a child being with the robbers.
9. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
(a) A deserted pub.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) The workhouse.
(d) Jacob's island.
10. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) Fagin looking at him in the window.
(b) Some blood from his old wound.
(c) Harry standing in his doorway.
(d) A threat from Bill Sikes.
11. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
(a) They saved their earnings from the Sowerberrys.
(b) Noah received an inheritance from a rich aunt.
(c) They stole from Mr. Sowerberry.
(d) Charlotte worked on the streets to earn the money.
12. Who does Bill decide to stay with after his fight with Nancy?
(b) A workhouse.
13. How does Fagin feel about the news that Noah brings him regarding Nancy?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is scared.
14. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
15. Who does Fagin wish to speak with before he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
2. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
3. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
4. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
5. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)