|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Monks die?
(a) In a fight.
(b) On a ship going to America.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In prison.
2. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Brownlow.
3. Who accompanies Mr. Bumble when he tells the story of Oliver's birth?
(a) Mr. Sowerberry.
(b) Mrs. Bumble.
(c) Mrs. Derbin.
4. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
5. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
(a) He has too much blood on his hands already.
(b) She offers him the money Rose gave her.
(c) He loves her too much.
(d) He doesn't want people to hear him.
6. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
7. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
(a) Get some information about Oliver.
(b) Find some evidence to lock Bill up.
(c) Poison Bill and join him.
(d) Work with him to free Dodger from jail.
8. What is Oliver's mother's name?
9. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
(a) The countryside.
(b) Mrs. Maylie's house.
(c) Harry's house.
(d) The coast.
10. What is Noah told to give up in order to be employed by Fagin?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) The food he took from the Sowerberrys.
(d) His new clothes.
11. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
(a) Lock Oliver in his room.
(b) Search the premises for Fagin.
(c) Lock all the windows.
(d) Set up a guard around the house.
12. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
(a) Life of hard labor for the state.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) Shipped to Austrailia.
13. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
(a) He mentions Fagin's name.
(b) He eyes him suspiciously.
(c) He asks about Nancy.
(d) He sees the blood stains.
14. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(b) Plans for the next robbery.
15. On what day is Fagin sentenced to die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nancy heading when she is finally able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
2. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
3. How does Bill die?
4. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
5. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)