|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tends to Bill when he falls ill with a fever?
2. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
3. Where does Monks' father die?
(c) West Indies.
4. What is Noah told to give up in order to be employed by Fagin?
(a) His new clothes.
(c) The food he took from the Sowerberrys.
(d) 20 pounds.
5. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
(a) West Indies.
(d) The countryside.
6. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
7. Who follows the group to Toby's hideout?
(a) Bill's dog.
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
8. What paperwork does Oliver have to sign?
(a) His inheritance papers.
(b) His turning-of-age papers.
(c) His witness papers against Fagin.
(d) His adoption papers.
9. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
10. How does Bill die?
(a) Charley strangles him.
(b) He falls off the roof.
(c) The police shoot him.
(d) He accidently hangs himself.
11. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) He feels he has done the right thing.
(b) He is miserable.
(c) It is just as he expected.
(d) He is extremely happy.
12. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
(a) So nobody will know his heritage.
(b) So he will ruin his true nature.
(c) So he will not get the inheritance.
(d) So he will suffer in prison.
13. What does Fagin ask of Oliver before he is hung?
(a) To witness about his innocence.
(b) To forgive him.
(c) To take the money he has hidden.
(d) To help him escape.
14. Who does Fagin plan to assign to watch Nancy to find out where she goes?
15. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
(a) Oliver and Rose.
(b) Rose and Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Charlotte and Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Harry and Monks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oliver want to apologize to after he heals from his wounds?
2. How does Fagin feel about the news that Noah brings him regarding Nancy?
3. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
4. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
5. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)