|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
(b) Mrs. Maylie.
2. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
3. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
(a) Mrs. Maylie's house.
(b) The coast.
(c) The countryside.
(d) Harry's house.
4. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
(a) With Rose and Harry.
(b) In a new house in London.
(c) With Mr. Brownlow in the West Indies.
(d) At her house with Oliver.
5. What is Oliver's father's name?
6. Who does Fagin wish to speak with before he dies?
7. What does Bill refuse to let Nancy do on Sunday night?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Talk with Fagin alone.
(c) Have extra wine.
(d) Send a letter.
8. On what day is Fagin sentenced to die?
9. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
(a) In a year.
(b) In 6 months.
(c) In 2 years.
(d) In a month.
10. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
11. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
(a) Monks gets 500 pounds and Oliver gets 100 due to their ages.
(b) Most to Oliver, but enough for a sparse living to Monks.
(d) Most to Monks, but enough for a sparse living to Oliver.
12. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
(a) He has too much blood on his hands already.
(b) She offers him the money Rose gave her.
(c) He doesn't want people to hear him.
(d) He loves her too much.
13. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Mr. Giles.
14. What paperwork does Oliver have to sign?
(a) His adoption papers.
(b) His turning-of-age papers.
(c) His witness papers against Fagin.
(d) His inheritance papers.
15. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
(a) Lock Oliver in his room.
(b) Lock all the windows.
(c) Search the premises for Fagin.
(d) Set up a guard around the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
2. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
3. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
4. Why is Nancy able to leave the house on the second Sunday that Oliver is in town?
5. Who is arrested with Fagin?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)