|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tends to Bill when he falls ill with a fever?
2. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
(a) Dodger was arrested.
(b) Bill has formed a new society.
(c) Charley has run away.
(d) Nancy is suspected as a spy.
3. What paperwork does Oliver have to sign?
(a) His turning-of-age papers.
(b) His inheritance papers.
(c) His witness papers against Fagin.
(d) His adoption papers.
4. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
5. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
(a) He bites his fingernails just like her.
(b) He resembles her.
(c) He has the locket.
(d) He used an old saying that only she said.
6. What happens to Monks' portion of the inheritance?
(a) His mother took it.
(b) He spent it.
(c) It was only to be given if he was honest.
(d) It was never allotted.
7. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
(a) Every 2 weeks.
(b) Whenever he needs some help.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every week.
8. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
(a) He seems aged beyond his years.
(b) He is missing an eye.
(c) His skin looks yellow.
(d) He has a fit of madness.
9. Where does Monks die?
(a) In prison.
(b) On a ship going to America.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In a fight.
10. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
(a) It was a botched job.
(b) They didn't get away with much.
(c) The robbers should be easy to track.
(d) It was done by professionals.
11. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
12. What does Bill say he will do to anyone that betrayed him?
(a) Turn them in to the cops.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Leave them.
(d) Beat them and leave them for dead.
13. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(d) Plans for the next robbery.
14. Who does Oliver want to apologize to after he heals from his wounds?
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Mr. Bumble.
(d) Mr. Giles.
15. On what day is Fagin sentenced to die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
2. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
3. Why does Mr. Brownlow go to the West Indies?
4. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
5. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)