|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Shipped to Austrailia.
(c) Life of hard labor for the state.
2. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Another lover.
3. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
(b) Plans for the next robbery.
4. What information does Oliver need from Fagin?
(a) The location of the papers Monks gave him.
(b) The true identity of Dodger.
(c) The location of the money he owed Oliver.
(d) The true identity of Bill.
5. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
6. What is Noah told to give up in order to be employed by Fagin?
(b) His new clothes.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) The food he took from the Sowerberrys.
7. Who does Oliver want to apologize to after he heals from his wounds?
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Mr. Bumble.
(d) Mr. Giles.
8. How much does Mr. Bumble demand for information about Oliver?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 25 pounds.
9. How do Noah and Charlotte afford to come to London?
(a) They stole from Mr. Sowerberry.
(b) They saved their earnings from the Sowerberrys.
(c) Noah received an inheritance from a rich aunt.
(d) Charlotte worked on the streets to earn the money.
10. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) He is extremely happy.
(b) He feels he has done the right thing.
(c) He is miserable.
(d) It is just as he expected.
11. Who finds Monks on the streets?
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
12. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
(a) In a new house in London.
(b) With Rose and Harry.
(c) With Mr. Brownlow in the West Indies.
(d) At her house with Oliver.
13. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 days.
14. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
(a) He bites his fingernails just like her.
(b) He has the locket.
(c) He resembles her.
(d) He used an old saying that only she said.
15. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(a) Mr. Giles.
(b) The doctor.
(d) Mrs. Maylie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry's profession?
2. Where does Rose plan to take Oliver after their stay in the city?
3. What is Oliver's mother's name?
4. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
5. What is Oliver's father's name?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)