|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
2. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
(a) He is missing an eye.
(b) His skin looks yellow.
(c) He has a fit of madness.
(d) He seems aged beyond his years.
3. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 days.
4. How does Bill die?
(a) The police shoot him.
(b) He accidently hangs himself.
(c) He falls off the roof.
(d) Charley strangles him.
5. Where does Noah go after following Nancy to her secret meeting?
(a) Bill's house.
(b) A bar.
(c) The appointed meeting place for Fagin.
(d) Fagin's house.
6. Who is arrested with Fagin?
7. What does Bill say he will do to anyone that betrayed him?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Leave them.
(c) Beat them and leave them for dead.
(d) Turn them in to the cops.
8. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(b) Another lover.
(d) A police officer.
9. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
(a) Pawns it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Throws it in the river.
(d) Steals it.
10. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
(a) She is afraid he will stop loving her when she gets older.
(b) She does not want to leave Mrs. Maylie's house.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She does not want her bad name to tarnish his career.
11. Who does Fagin plan to assign to watch Nancy to find out where she goes?
12. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
13. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) He is miserable.
(b) He feels he has done the right thing.
(c) It is just as he expected.
(d) He is extremely happy.
14. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mr. Bumble.
15. Why is Fagin so invested in seeing to Oliver's return to his house?
(a) He hates to see street filth living the high life.
(b) Monks is paying him to do so.
(c) It is a matter of pride that he not lose a boy.
(d) He has taken a liking to Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Mrs. Maylie's son not marry Rose?
2. How long does it take for Rose to recover?
3. What is Oliver's mother's name?
4. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
5. Who cares for Oliver once the police leave after their investigation of the crime scene?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)