|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Rose refuses Harry, when do they plan to meet again?
(a) In a month.
(b) In 6 months.
(c) In a year.
(d) In 2 years.
2. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
(c) Mr. Brownlow.
3. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Oliver's mother.
(c) Monks's mother.
4. Where is Toby hiding from the police?
(a) Jacob's island.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) A deserted pub.
(d) The workhouse.
5. What is Oliver's father's name?
6. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
(a) Oliver and Rose.
(b) Harry and Monks.
(c) Charlotte and Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Rose and Mr. Brownlow.
7. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) Some blood from his old wound.
(b) Fagin looking at him in the window.
(c) Harry standing in his doorway.
(d) A threat from Bill Sikes.
8. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
(a) So nobody will know his heritage.
(b) So he will suffer in prison.
(c) So he will not get the inheritance.
(d) So he will ruin his true nature.
9. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
10. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his son.
(b) Oliver is his brother.
(c) Oliver is his cousin.
(d) Oliver is his nephew.
11. Who gets away when Fagin is arrested?
12. How much money is in the Leeward's inheritance?
(a) 6,000 pounds.
(b) 60,000 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 600 pounds.
13. Who else is riding in the coach that Harry leaves in?
(b) Mr. Giles.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) The doctor.
14. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
(a) She gets a fever.
(b) She tries to adopt Oliver.
(c) She learns the truth about Oliver's past.
(d) She gets engaged.
15. Where does Oliver spend the spring after his wounds from the robbery are healed?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) The workhouse.
(c) The countryside.
(d) Mrs. Maylie's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
2. How often does Harry ask Oliver to write him when he leaves his mother's house?
3. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
4. What does Sally give to Mrs. Corney when she dies?
5. Why does Mr. Brownlow go to the West Indies?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)