|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
(a) With Mr. Brownlow in the West Indies.
(b) At her house with Oliver.
(c) With Rose and Harry.
(d) In a new house in London.
2. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
(a) So he will suffer in prison.
(b) So nobody will know his heritage.
(c) So he will not get the inheritance.
(d) So he will ruin his true nature.
3. What is Mr. Bumble's title before he marries Mrs. Corney?
(a) Case Worker.
(c) Orphanage associate.
(d) Pauper protector.
4. Who tells Mr. Brownlow the truth about Oliver?
5. Who does Fagin think Nancy wants to meet with on Sunday night?
(c) A police officer.
(d) Another lover.
6. How does Fagin feel about the news that Noah brings him regarding Nancy?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is amused.
7. Why is Fagin so invested in seeing to Oliver's return to his house?
(a) He hates to see street filth living the high life.
(b) He has taken a liking to Oliver.
(c) Monks is paying him to do so.
(d) It is a matter of pride that he not lose a boy.
8. Where does Monks die?
(a) On a ship going to America.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a fight.
(d) On the streets.
9. What happens to Rose after her spring season with Oliver?
(a) She tries to adopt Oliver.
(b) She gets engaged.
(c) She gets a fever.
(d) She learns the truth about Oliver's past.
10. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his son.
(b) Oliver is his cousin.
(c) Oliver is his nephew.
(d) Oliver is his brother.
11. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Bumble.
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
12. What is Fagin's state on the day he is to die?
13. How does Bill die?
(a) The police shoot him.
(b) Charley strangles him.
(c) He falls off the roof.
(d) He accidently hangs himself.
14. Where has the person that Oliver wanted to apologize to gone?
(a) The countryside.
(b) West Indies.
15. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
(a) He doesn't want people to hear him.
(b) He loves her too much.
(c) He has too much blood on his hands already.
(d) She offers him the money Rose gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fagin in such dire need of a new apprentice when he meets Noah?
2. What does Monks do with the evidence of Oliver's birth?
3. What does Fagin ask of Oliver before he is hung?
4. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
5. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)