|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
2. Who does Oliver want to apologize to after he heals from his wounds?
(a) Mr. Giles.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
3. What do the police say when they investigate the scene of the robbery?
(a) It was a botched job.
(b) It was done by professionals.
(c) They didn't get away with much.
(d) The robbers should be easy to track.
4. Why does Bill not shoot Nancy after he hears what she tells Rose?
(a) She offers him the money Rose gave her.
(b) He doesn't want people to hear him.
(c) He has too much blood on his hands already.
(d) He loves her too much.
5. After Rose recovers, what does Oliver see when he wakes up from a nightmare about Fagin?
(a) Harry standing in his doorway.
(b) A threat from Bill Sikes.
(c) Some blood from his old wound.
(d) Fagin looking at him in the window.
6. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
(a) She does not want to leave Mrs. Maylie's house.
(b) She does not want her bad name to tarnish his career.
(c) She is afraid he will stop loving her when she gets older.
(d) She does not love him.
7. How much does Mr. Bumble demand for information about Oliver?
(a) 25 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
8. Why does Monks want to make Oliver a thief when he sees Oliver in London?
(a) So he will not get the inheritance.
(b) So he will suffer in prison.
(c) So he will ruin his true nature.
(d) So nobody will know his heritage.
9. What sentence will Fagin receive if he is charged as an accessory to Nancy's murder?
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Shipped to Austrailia.
(d) Life of hard labor for the state.
10. Who is supposed to get the entire amount of the inheritance?
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
11. What is so peculiar about the man Oliver meets in town while he is running an errand for Mrs. Maylie?
(a) His skin looks yellow.
(b) He seems aged beyond his years.
(c) He has a fit of madness.
(d) He is missing an eye.
12. What does Rose offer Nancy that she refuses?
13. Where does Monks die?
(a) In a fight.
(b) On the streets.
(c) On a ship going to America.
(d) In prison.
14. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
(a) It is just as he expected.
(b) He is miserable.
(c) He is extremely happy.
(d) He feels he has done the right thing.
15. What does Mr. Giles say when the police ask him if Oliver was one of the robbers?
(a) He doesn't remember a child being with the robbers.
(b) He just can't tell.
(c) He is sure that he wasn't.
(d) He definitely is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill demand from Fagin while he is sick with a fever?
2. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
3. How is the inheritance split between the two boys?
4. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
5. Who accompanies Mr. Bumble when he tells the story of Oliver's birth?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)