|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oliver decide to run away to London after leaving the Sowerberrys' house?
(a) He has always wanted to go there.
(b) It is large enough that Mr. Bumble won't find him there.
(c) He thinks he might find his mother there.
(d) There are jobs to be found there.
2. What is Mr. Gamfield's occupation?
(a) Workhouse Administrator.
(b) Chimney Sweep.
(c) Coal Shoveler.
3. What does Oliver do when he sees Charley steal a man's handkerchief?
(a) He tries to return it to the man.
(b) He faints.
(c) He yells at Charley to stop.
(d) He runs away.
4. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
(a) Oliver was too young for such menial labor.
(b) Oliver was terrified of the man.
(c) The man had a criminal record.
(d) The man was not gainfully employed.
5. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
(a) He is learning a trade.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He owns some land.
(d) He has parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sentence given to Oliver after his hearing?
2. What is Mr. Sowerberry's occupation?
3. Why does Mr. Brownlow say that he removed the portrait that Oliver loves so much?
4. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
5. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)