|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Oliver when he is taken to the regular workhouse?
2. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
(a) Sends him back to the workhouse.
(b) Locks him in the cellar.
(c) Sends him to jail.
(d) Kicks him out of the house.
3. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They eat too much.
(b) They are unintelligent.
(c) They are too small.
(d) They are weak.
4. Who gives Oliver his daily beatings while he is in solitary confinement?
(a) Mr. Gamfield.
(b) Mr. Fagin.
(c) Mr. Bumble.
(d) Mr. Jones.
5. Why does Oliver decide to run away to London after leaving the Sowerberrys' house?
(a) It is large enough that Mr. Bumble won't find him there.
(b) He has always wanted to go there.
(c) He thinks he might find his mother there.
(d) There are jobs to be found there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
2. What was Dodger most worried about when Oliver was taken away after the theft of the handkerchief?
3. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
4. Who takes care of Oliver after his mother dies?
5. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)