|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Oliver born?
(a) In a workhouse.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In a train.
(d) In a hospital.
2. Why does Mr. Brownlow say that he removed the portrait that Oliver loves so much?
(a) He was worried Oliver would harm it in some way.
(b) He is getting ready to hang a different picture there.
(c) He didn't want it to bother Oliver.
(d) It was sent out for restoration.
3. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
(a) Mr. Ranckle.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
4. What was Dodger most worried about when Oliver was taken away after the theft of the handkerchief?
(a) Fagin's reaction.
(b) Oliver's safety.
(c) The cost of the handkerchief.
(d) Whether anyone saw him at the scene of the crime.
5. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
(a) He hates having to work with an orphan.
(b) He has to work harder because of Oliver's mistakes.
(c) He is jealous of how much Mr. Sowerberry likes Oliver.
(d) He feels that he is of a higher status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Sowerberry's occupation?
2. What do many infants die of while Oliver works for Mr. Sowerberry?
3. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
4. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mrs. Sowerberry was the cause of Oliver's bad behavior after Oliver's attack?
5. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)