|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
(b) 70 miles.
(c) 37 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
2. Who does Fagin say that Noah must see as being as important as himself in order to be in the gang?
3. How does Charley plan to retire from working for Fagin one day soon?
(a) Fagin pays him well.
(b) He plans to turn Fagin in and get a handsome reward.
(c) He knows now where the good places to rob are located.
(d) He keeps some money back before giving it to Fagin.
4. Why is Oliver so afraid of going to Bill's house?
(a) He does not want to be a part of a robbery.
(b) He is afraid of Bill's dog.
(c) He thinks Bill wants to kill him.
(d) He is afraid he will have to live there.
5. Why does Rose beg the lady of the house not to prosecute Oliver?
(a) He is only a boy.
(b) She believes his story.
(c) She feels he has had punishment enough.
(d) She wants to avoid a scandal in the nighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver wish to do during his first few days at Fagin's house?
2. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
3. What does Mr. Bumble do during his visit with Mrs. Corney that makes her scream?
4. Who destroys Monks's father's will?
5. Who questions Mr. Bumble for information about Oliver?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)