|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
(a) He wants to go out and yell at her some more.
(b) He feels sorry and mean for hurting her feelings.
(c) He wants her to go home.
(d) He is still mad at her.
2. What does Mama say when Travis gets home and tells her about Old Yeller?
(a) She tells Travis that they will have to wait until the next day to go back to Old Yeller.
(b) She tells Travis that they will leave right away to go back to Old Yeller.
(c) She tells Travis they can't go to Old Yeller until Travis' wound is cleaned up.
(d) She tells Travis that Old Yeller is probably dead already.
3. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
(a) He gets on with his life.
(b) He cries all the time.
(c) He sleeps for days.
(d) He can't seem to get over it.
4. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
(a) He just lays there and licks Travis' hand.
(b) He growls and bares his teeth.
(c) He thrashes about and Travis has to hold him down.
(d) He passes out.
5. What does Papa bring home with him?
(a) A new ranch hand, and a horse for Travis.
(b) Money, laughter, and a horse for Travis.
(c) An old friend and a horse for Travis.
(d) A milking cow and a horse for Travis.
6. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
(b) He thinks she will pester him all day.
(c) He thinks she will work hard.
(d) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
7. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
(a) They get home before it gets dark.
(b) They get home just as it gets dark.
(c) They get home the next morning.
(d) They get home at midnight.
8. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
(a) He is afraid the wolf will go after Mama.
(b) A loafer wolf is big and savage
(c) He is afraid the wolf will turn on him.
(d) He is afraid the wolf will go after the puppy.
9. What lures wolves to the cabin?
(a) The scent of blood from Old Yeller.
(b) Mama cooking meat on the stove.
(c) The sounds of humans.
(d) The scent of dead meat.
10. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
(b) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
(c) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
(d) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
11. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
(a) Old Yeller's ear is bitten off.
(b) Old Yeller is unconscious.
(c) Old Yeller's leg is broken.
(d) Old Yeller's belly is split open and his insides are bulging out.
12. What does Little Arliss do to help get Old Yeller home?
(a) He rides on the cowhide with the dog and holds Old Yeller's head in his lap.
(b) He rides on Jumper and holds Old Yeller in his lap.
(c) He leads Jumper while Old Yeller is pulled behind the mule.
(d) He helps drag the cowhide that Old Yeller is resting on.
13. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
(a) Near the river.
(b) A mud pool.
(c) A dry, sandy wash.
(d) The bottom of a gorge.
14. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
(a) A bar' hog bites his foot.
(b) A hog grabs him by his angle.
(c) A slashing tusk catches him in the calf of his right leg.
(d) The pigs jump on top of him.
15. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
(a) He pushes it into a ravine.
(b) He shoots it between the eyes.
(c) He drags it to the river.
(d) He cuts its throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
2. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
3. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
4. What is Travis excited about Papa bringing home for him?
5. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)