|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
(b) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
(c) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
(d) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
2. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
(b) Bar' hogs.
(c) Range hogs.
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
(a) Old Yeller lunges at him with bared fangs.
(b) Old Yeller licks his hand.
(c) Old Yeller whimpers in pain.
(d) Old Yeller loses consciousness.
4. What is the hog's favorite food?
(a) Wild black persimmons.
(b) A baby fawn.
5. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He wants a horse instead.
(b) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
(c) He wants a purebred dog instead.
(d) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
6. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
(b) He thinks she will work hard.
(c) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
(d) He thinks she will pester him all day.
7. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
(a) He sleeps for days.
(b) He can't seem to get over it.
(c) He cries all the time.
(d) He gets on with his life.
8. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
(a) He is brown with white spots.
(b) He is gray with blue spots.
(c) He is dirty white and speckled with blue spots.
(d) He is yellow like Old Yeller.
9. What game were Little Arliss and the puppy playing?
(a) They were playing ball.
(b) They were playing fetch with a stick.
(c) They were playing a wrestling game.
(d) They were playing tug with a frayed rope.
10. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
(a) They burn it where it lays.
(b) They cover it with a pile of stones.
(c) They bury it on the spot it was killed.
(d) They pour turpentine over it, hoping to kill the disease.
11. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(b) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(c) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
(d) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
12. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
(b) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
(c) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
(d) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
13. What condition is Travis in when he returns home after shooting Spot?
(a) He is weak, sweating, and trembling.
(b) He is sad and upset.
(c) He feels stronger than he has in a long time.
(d) He is angry that Spot got hydrophobia.
14. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He always insults Old Yeller.
(b) He is a bother to Mama.
(c) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(d) He always yells at Little Arliss.
15. How does Old Yeller get into the fight with the loafer wolf?
(a) Old Yeller tracks the wolf and catches up with him.
(b) The wolf attacks Jumper and Old Yeller jumps him.
(c) The wolf attacks Old Yeller while he is getting a drink.
(d) The wolf goes after Mama when she stops for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer will Papa be away?
2. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
3. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
4. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
5. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)