|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
(a) He wants to go out and yell at her some more.
(b) He feels sorry and mean for hurting her feelings.
(c) He wants her to go home.
(d) He is still mad at her.
2. How does Old Yeller get into the fight with the loafer wolf?
(a) The wolf attacks Old Yeller while he is getting a drink.
(b) The wolf goes after Mama when she stops for water.
(c) Old Yeller tracks the wolf and catches up with him.
(d) The wolf attacks Jumper and Old Yeller jumps him.
3. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
(a) A mud pool.
(b) The bottom of a gorge.
(c) Near the river.
(d) A dry, sandy wash.
4. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
(a) Travis' hat.
(b) Her hat.
(c) A cowhide sack.
(d) Her purse.
5. What is the hog's favorite food?
(a) Wild black persimmons.
(b) A baby fawn.
6. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
(a) When they get old.
(b) When cornered.
(c) When they are two years old.
(d) When being chased.
7. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
(b) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(c) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(d) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
8. What is Travis excited about Papa bringing home for him?
(a) A new saddle.
(b) A horse.
(c) A new rifle.
(d) A Bowie knife.
9. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
(a) He is afraid the wolf will go after the puppy.
(b) He is afraid the wolf will go after Mama.
(c) He is afraid the wolf will turn on him.
(d) A loafer wolf is big and savage
10. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
(a) Travis says that he will hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(b) Travis says they can put Old Yeller in a cart.
(c) Travis says that they can drag Old Yeller in a blanket.
(d) Travis says that Mama can hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
11. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
(a) It feels a lot better.
(b) It is swollen but not stiff.
(c) It is stiff, swollen, and numb.
(d) It is stiff but the swelling is down.
12. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
(a) She is starving and looks like a skeleton.
(b) He knows that he has to shoot her.
(c) She is vomiting constantly.
(d) He sees that a wound on her side is covered in maggots.
13. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
(a) He is terrified and tries to find a way out of it.
(b) He thinks it's a tedious job.
(c) He is looking forward to it.
(d) He is afraid but knows he has to do it.
14. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He is a bother to Mama.
(b) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(c) He always insults Old Yeller.
(d) He always yells at Little Arliss.
15. When does Travis shoot the loafer wolf?
(a) He shoots the wolf when it leaps at him.
(b) He shoots the wolf when it backs away from Old Yeller.
(c) He shoots the wolf when it is on top of Old Yeller.
(d) He shoots the wolf when it is pinned by Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
2. How does Travis shoot Old Yeller?
3. What does Old Yeller do when the wolves come around the cabin?
4. What does Papa tell Travis about what he had to do to Old Yeller?
5. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)