Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(b) The corn is for the sheep.
(c) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(d) They need the corn to feed the cows.
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
(a) It is only a scratch.
(b) He is cut to the bone.
(c) It is long but not too deep.
(d) It is a clean gash but not bleeding much.
3. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
(a) The squealing and scent of blood.
(b) Old Yeller nipping at their heals.
(c) Old Yeller pushing them into a ring.
(d) The sight of Travis hovering above them.
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He is a bother to Mama.
(b) He always yells at Little Arliss.
(c) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(d) He always insults Old Yeller.
5. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
(a) She is starving and looks like a skeleton.
(b) She is vomiting constantly.
(c) He knows that he has to shoot her.
(d) He sees that a wound on her side is covered in maggots.
6. What does Papa bring home with him?
(a) An old friend and a horse for Travis.
(b) A milking cow and a horse for Travis.
(c) A new ranch hand, and a horse for Travis.
(d) Money, laughter, and a horse for Travis.
7. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
(b) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
(c) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
(d) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
8. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
(a) Flies are hovering over the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(b) He sees a large puddle of blood around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(c) Buzzards circling and diving above the spot where Old Yeller is hidden
(d) He sees a sees a hog sniffing around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
9. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
(a) They are complaining about the corn shucks.
(b) They are laughing and having a good time.
(c) They are grumpy.
(d) They are scratching their skin.
10. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
(a) He shoots it between the eyes.
(b) He pushes it into a ravine.
(c) He cuts its throat.
(d) He drags it to the river.
11. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
(a) They both recover quickly.
(b) Old Yeller recovers quickly but Travis has a rough time.
(c) They both have a rough time of it.
(d) Travis is feeling fine but Old Yeller has a rough time.
12. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
(a) Crop and overbit.
(b) Crop and underbit.
(c) Underslope and overbit.
(d) Crop and underslope.
13. What lures wolves to the cabin?
(a) The sounds of humans.
(b) Mama cooking meat on the stove.
(c) The scent of blood from Old Yeller.
(d) The scent of dead meat.
14. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
(b) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(c) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(d) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
15. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Travis' hat.
(c) Her hat.
(d) A cowhide sack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis know that he is near the hogs?
2. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
3. What does Old Yeller do when the wolves come around the cabin?
4. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
5. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)