Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
(a) Prickly pears.
(b) Pea vine.
(c) Loco weed.
(d) Rotten sweet potatoes.
2. What does Papa bring home with him?
(a) A milking cow and a horse for Travis.
(b) A new ranch hand, and a horse for Travis.
(c) Money, laughter, and a horse for Travis.
(d) An old friend and a horse for Travis.
3. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will work hard.
(b) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
(c) He thinks she will pester him all day.
(d) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
4. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
(a) They get home before it gets dark.
(b) They get home at midnight.
(c) They get home the next morning.
(d) They get home just as it gets dark.
5. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
(a) Old Yeller pushing them into a ring.
(b) Old Yeller nipping at their heals.
(c) The squealing and scent of blood.
(d) The sight of Travis hovering above them.
6. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
(a) He drags it to the river.
(b) He pushes it into a ravine.
(c) He shoots it between the eyes.
(d) He cuts its throat.
7. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He cuts their tails.
(b) He has to catch them and mark them.
(c) He tattoos their ears.
(d) He brands them.
8. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
(b) He wants a purebred dog instead.
(c) He wants a horse instead.
(d) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
9. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
(a) Hundreds of sharp-winged swallows.
(b) Hundreds of long-shanked herons.
(c) Hundreds of snakes, laying their eggs.
(d) Hundreds of prairie dogs.
10. What does Travis do when he hears the sound of dogs fighting? T
(a) He runs out to see if Mama is OK.
(b) He gets his gun.
(c) He holds Arliss in his lap.
(d) He runs out to see what is happening.
11. How much longer will Papa be away?
(a) One week.
(b) Two more weeks.
(c) Mama says anytime now.
(d) One more month.
12. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
(a) Old Yeller whimpers in pain.
(b) Old Yeller loses consciousness.
(c) Old Yeller lunges at him with bared fangs.
(d) Old Yeller licks his hand.
13. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
(a) A cowhide sack.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Travis' hat.
14. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
(a) He helps Mama with the chores.
(b) He milks the cows.
(c) He pesters Travis a dozen times a day.
(d) He lets Travis rest.
15. When does Travis become uneasy about why Mama and Lisbeth haven't returned home?
(a) At daybreak.
(b) At suppertime.
(c) When darkness came.
(d) At midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game were Little Arliss and the puppy playing?
2. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
3. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
4. What lures wolves to the cabin?
5. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)