|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(b) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(c) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(d) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
2. What does Travis yell for Mama to bring him?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His gun.
(c) His bull whip.
(d) His shoes.
3. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
(a) Range hogs.
(b) Bar' hogs.
4. When does Travis become uneasy about why Mama and Lisbeth haven't returned home?
(a) At suppertime.
(b) At midnight.
(c) When darkness came.
(d) At daybreak.
5. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
(a) Near the river.
(b) The bottom of a gorge.
(c) A mud pool.
(d) A dry, sandy wash.
6. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
(a) He sleeps for days.
(b) He cries all the time.
(c) He gets on with his life.
(d) He can't seem to get over it.
7. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
(a) Rotten sweet potatoes.
(b) Prickly pears.
(c) Pea vine.
(d) Loco weed.
8. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
(b) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(c) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(d) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
9. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
(a) They keep them in a lean to.
(b) They keep them in a fenced pasture.
(c) They keep then in a barn.
(d) They are loose on the range.
10. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He brands them.
(b) He has to catch them and mark them.
(c) He cuts their tails.
(d) He tattoos their ears.
11. How much longer will Papa be away?
(a) One week.
(b) Mama says anytime now.
(c) One more month.
(d) Two more weeks.
12. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
(a) She tells him that he is rude.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) Her feelings are hurt.
13. Why does Mama decide that the Spot heifer must be killed?
(a) Old Yeller needs the meat to get well.
(b) It has hydrophobia.
(c) It is no good for milking.
(d) It will provide them with enough meat for the winter.
14. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
(b) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
(c) She ties his back legs together.
(d) She ties him to a tree.
15. How does Travis feel about his new horse?
(a) He so excited that he forgets about Old Yeller.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He doesn't want it.
(d) He doesn't care about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Travis' reaction to Lisbeth helping Mama with the corn?
2. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
3. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
4. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
5. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)