|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
(a) A bull.
(b) A fox.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A wolf.
2. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
3. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Limping and vomiting.
(b) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(c) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(d) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
4. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
(b) Big, fierce cur dogs.
(c) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
(d) Small, quick terriers.
5. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He is excited and wants to see it.
(b) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(c) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(d) He feels bad for the bulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
2. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
3. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
4. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
5. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)