|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis know that he is near the hogs?
(a) He sees a cougar watching from a high cliff.
(b) He sees and eagle circling.
(c) He hears Old Yeller baying.
(d) He hears the hogs squealing.
2. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(d) Old Yeller.
3. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
(b) Flour and eggs.
(c) Meat, eggs, and cornbread.
4. What prevents the animal sick with hydrophobia from getting Mama?
(a) It falls to its knees.
(b) It goes after Old Yeller instead.
(c) It runs into a tree.
(d) It falls in a hole.
5. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(b) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(c) They need the corn to feed the cows.
(d) The corn is for the sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
2. Who named Birdsong Creek?
3. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
4. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
5. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)