|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
(a) Range hogs.
(c) Bar' hogs.
2. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
(a) Crop and underslope.
(b) Crop and underbit.
(c) Underslope and overbit.
(d) Crop and overbit.
3. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Bear fat.
(b) Prickly-pear roots.
(c) Flour and vinegar.
(d) Turpentine and mud.
4. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
(b) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(c) They head back to the barn.
(d) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
5. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(b) Early morning and late evening.
(c) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
(d) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the animal sick with hydrophobia from getting Mama?
2. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
3. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
4. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
5. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)