|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(b) A bandage of bear fat.
(c) A poultice of wet mud.
(d) A cloth with iodine.
2. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
(a) He keeps the ears to show Papa when he comes home.
(b) He keeps the ears to make a necklace.
(c) He keeps the ears as trophies.
(d) He keeps the ears so he can get an accurate count of how many pigs there are.
3. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
(a) The sound of a dog dying.
(b) The coughing roar of a charging bear.
(c) The wild snarl of a mountain lion.
(d) The whimpering of a bear cub.
4. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
(a) Ranch hands.
5. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(c) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(d) The first bull is gored in the hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
2. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
3. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
4. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
5. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)