|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They drink from the pond that is there.
(b) They eat the berries growing there.
(c) They lick the salt.
(d) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
2. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
(b) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(c) The boar coon is fast and agile.
(d) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
3. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
(b) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
(c) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(d) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
4. What does Travis yell for Mama to bring him?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His bull whip.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His gun.
5. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
(b) Five or six.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
2. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
4. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
5. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)