|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(b) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(c) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
2. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties him to a tree.
(b) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
(c) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
(d) She ties his back legs together.
3. What will the hogs do if they catch up to someone?
(a) They will turn and walk away.
(b) They will kill their pursuer.
(c) They will back away slowly.
(d) They will shake their tusks but then run off.
4. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
(a) The dog dies of old age.
(b) The dog is bitten by a rattle snake.
(c) The dog falls into a raging river.
(d) The dog is mauled by a bear.
5. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
(a) The pigs jump on top of him.
(b) A hog grabs him by his angle.
(c) A bar' hog bites his foot.
(d) A slashing tusk catches him in the calf of his right leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
2. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
3. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
4. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
5. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)