|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the cabin two weeks after the milking incident?
(a) Bud Searcy.
(c) A man comes to claim Old Yeller.
(d) Jed Simpson.
2. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Teach him to hunt.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Find a way to get rid of him.
(d) Obedience train him.
3. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
(a) When he and Old Yeller are hunting together.
(b) When his spotted heifer has her first calf.
(c) When Old Yeller licks him on the face.
(d) When Old Yeller follows him everywhere he goes.
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(a) Antiseptic cream.
(b) Bug repellant.
5. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Limping and vomiting.
(b) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(c) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(d) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
2. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
3. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
4. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
5. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)