|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(c) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(d) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
2. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
(b) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
(c) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
(d) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
3. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(b) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
(c) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
(d) The boar coon is fast and agile.
4. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
(a) Hundreds of snakes, laying their eggs.
(b) Hundreds of sharp-winged swallows.
(c) Hundreds of long-shanked herons.
(d) Hundreds of prairie dogs.
5. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(b) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(c) Limping and vomiting.
(d) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
2. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
3. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
4. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
5. How does Old Yeller react to the animal that comes into the yard?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)