|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
(b) He thinks she will work hard.
(c) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
(d) He thinks she will pester him all day.
2. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
(a) Training the eye to wink.
(b) Training the mouth to whistle.
(c) Training an arm to throw a rock.
(d) Training a foot to kick a stone.
3. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(c) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(d) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
4. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
(a) The pigs jump on top of him.
(b) A slashing tusk catches him in the calf of his right leg.
(c) A hog grabs him by his angle.
(d) A bar' hog bites his foot.
5. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(b) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
(c) He is going East to school.
(d) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
2. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
3. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
4. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
5. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)