|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A cloth with iodine.
(b) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(c) A poultice of wet mud.
(d) A bandage of bear fat.
2. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
(a) Travis digs a hole and places Old Yeller in it.
(b) Travis pushes him under an overhanging rock and covers the opening with a mesquite stump.
(c) Travis covers him with branches.
(d) Travis pushes him into a cave.
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
(a) A wolf is eating the meat.
(b) The meat is gone.
(c) The meat is rotten.
(d) Little Arliss is hanging from the meat.
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Hotcakes and honey.
(b) Corn meal mush.
(c) Buttermilk biscuits.
(d) Beef stew.
5. What does Lisbeth do while she stays with Travis and his family?
(a) She plays with the puppy all day.
(b) She reads most of the time.
(c) She plays with Arliss all day.
(d) She works hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
2. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
3. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
4. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
5. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)