|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
(c) Ranch hands.
2. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(c) Old Yeller.
3. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
(a) He is dirty white and speckled with blue spots.
(b) He is brown with white spots.
(c) He is yellow like Old Yeller.
(d) He is gray with blue spots.
4. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
(a) She washes it with hot water and then poured hot candle wax on it.
(b) She washes it with hot water and then poured iodine on it.
(c) She washes it with hot water and then poured turpentine on it.
(d) She washes it with hot water and then poured salt in it.
5. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
(b) She ties his back legs together.
(c) She ties him to a tree.
(d) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
2. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
3. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
4. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
5. What will the hogs do if they catch up to someone?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)