|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He kicks the man in the shin.
(b) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
(c) He punches the man in the stomach.
(d) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
2. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A new rifle.
(d) A Bowie knife.
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
(a) Old Yeller loses consciousness.
(b) Old Yeller whimpers in pain.
(c) Old Yeller licks his hand.
(d) Old Yeller lunges at him with bared fangs.
4. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
(a) They keep then in a barn.
(b) They keep them in a lean to.
(c) They keep them in a fenced pasture.
(d) They are loose on the range.
5. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
(a) The Spot heifer comes home acting crazy and ignores her calf.
(b) There is a bear in the corn.
(c) The chickens have gone wild.
(d) The Spot heifer is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
2. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
3. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
4. How does Travis get Spot to settle down so he can milk her?
5. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)