|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A cloth with iodine.
(b) A bandage of bear fat.
(c) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(d) A poultice of wet mud.
2. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
(a) When they get old.
(b) When being chased.
(c) When they are two years old.
(d) When cornered.
3. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(b) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(c) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(d) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
4. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
(a) Flies are hovering over the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(b) Buzzards circling and diving above the spot where Old Yeller is hidden
(c) He sees a sees a hog sniffing around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(d) He sees a large puddle of blood around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(b) He yells at the dog to go away.
(c) He is afraid of the dog.
(d) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
2. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
4. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
5. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)