|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(b) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(c) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(d) The first bull is gored in the hip.
2. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(c) Old Yeller.
3. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
(a) He tells them that the men will be home in a few days.
(b) He tells them that Jed Simpson shot a turkey.
(c) He tells them that Rosal shot a fox.
(d) He tells them that the cows are going dry and the gardens are failing around the settlement.
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
(b) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
(c) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(d) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(b) He hides behind Arliss.
(c) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
(d) He runs away into the hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
3. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
4. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
5. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)