|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
2. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He has to catch them and mark them.
(b) He brands them.
(c) He cuts their tails.
(d) He tattoos their ears.
3. What does Lisbeth do while she stays with Travis and his family?
(a) She reads most of the time.
(b) She plays with Arliss all day.
(c) She plays with the puppy all day.
(d) She works hard.
4. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
(a) Old Yeller is unconscious.
(b) Old Yeller's ear is bitten off.
(c) Old Yeller's belly is split open and his insides are bulging out.
(d) Old Yeller's leg is broken.
5. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(b) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(c) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(d) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
4. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
5. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)