|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Hotcakes and honey.
(b) Corn meal mush.
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Buttermilk biscuits.
2. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(b) They are no good for eating.
(c) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(d) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
3. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
(a) Travis says that he will hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(b) Travis says they can put Old Yeller in a cart.
(c) Travis says that Mama can hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(d) Travis says that they can drag Old Yeller in a blanket.
4. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They need the corn to feed the cows.
(b) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(c) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(d) The corn is for the sheep.
5. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
(a) Travis doesn't want Sanderson to see him cry.
(b) Travis wants a puppy.
(c) Travis is angry that the trade is made with Arliss and not him.
(d) Travis doesn't want to spend any time with Sanderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
2. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
3. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
4. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
5. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)