|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(b) The corn is for the sheep.
(c) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(d) They need the corn to feed the cows.
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He circles the bulls, howling.
(b) He attacks the bulls.
(c) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
3. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
(b) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
(c) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
(d) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
4. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A fox.
(c) A bull.
(d) A wolf.
5. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
(a) Old Yeller's leg is broken.
(b) Old Yeller's ear is bitten off.
(c) Old Yeller is unconscious.
(d) Old Yeller's belly is split open and his insides are bulging out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
2. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
3. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
4. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
5. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)