|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
(a) Ranch hands.
2. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
(b) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
(c) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
(d) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
3. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
(a) They get home before it gets dark.
(b) They get home just as it gets dark.
(c) They get home at midnight.
(d) They get home the next morning.
4. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
(a) She uses a piece of rawhide.
(b) She uses a hair from Jumper's tail.
(c) She uses a thread pulled from her dress.
(d) She brought her thread with her.
5. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(b) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(c) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(d) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
2. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
3. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
4. What is Travis' reaction to Lisbeth helping Mama with the corn?
5. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)