|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
(a) He is annoyed because Mama lets Little Arliss lie about the things he does.
(b) He is annoyed that Mama spends all her time with Little Arliss.
(c) He is annoyed because Little Arliss is never punished.
(d) He is annoyed that Mama babies Little Arliss.
2. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(b) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(c) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(d) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
3. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He just wants to be a boy.
(b) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(c) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(d) He doesn't feel confident enough.
4. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He lies on the ground.
(b) He charges again.
(c) He staggers into the bushes.
(d) He crawls away.
5. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(b) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(c) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(d) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
2. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
3. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)