|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Obedience train him.
(b) Teach him to hunt.
(c) Make friends with him.
(d) Find a way to get rid of him.
2. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(b) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
(c) The boar coon is fast and agile.
(d) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
3. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has only one arm.
(c) He is shiftless.
(d) He doesn't have a horse.
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(b) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(c) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(d) He likes the yeller dog after all.
5. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
(b) They eat the berries growing there.
(c) They drink from the pond that is there.
(d) They lick the salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
2. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
3. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
4. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
5. How does the bull fight finally end?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)