|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He staggers into the bushes.
(b) He charges again.
(c) He lies on the ground.
(d) He crawls away.
2. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
(a) Old Yeller sleeps with Travis and Little Arliss.
(b) He locks Old Yeller in the corncrib.
(c) He builds a cage to keep Old Yeller in.
(d) He locks Old Yeller in the storm cellar.
3. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is lame.
(b) The dog is starving.
(c) The dog is fat.
(d) The dog is injured.
4. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
(a) It is raw boned and ugly enough to be a good milk cow.
(b) It is a pretty, fat heifer.
(c) It is a fat and feminine calf.
(d) It has the calmness of a milk cow.
5. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
(a) Old Yeller tracks down the turkey and trees it, so Travis can shoot it.
(b) The turkey is slow because it is wounded and Travis is able to shoot it.
(c) The turkey runs in circles in the peas and Travis shoots it.
(d) Little Arliss throws a stone at the turkey, knocking it down and Travis shoots it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
3. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
4. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)