|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They lick the salt.
(b) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
(c) They eat the berries growing there.
(d) They drink from the pond that is there.
2. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon is fast and agile.
(b) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
(c) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(d) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
3. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
(a) Arliss threw a rock at her.
(b) Arliss is holding her bear cub by the leg.
(c) Arliss threw a rock at her cub.
(d) Arliss wandered into her den.
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He is afraid of the dog.
(b) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(c) He yells at the dog to go away.
(d) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
5. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
(a) The meat is gone.
(b) A wolf is eating the meat.
(c) Little Arliss is hanging from the meat.
(d) The meat is rotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
2. How does Travis get Spot to settle down so he can milk her?
3. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
4. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
5. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)