|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
2. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
(a) When his spotted heifer has her first calf.
(b) When Old Yeller follows him everywhere he goes.
(c) When he and Old Yeller are hunting together.
(d) When Old Yeller licks him on the face.
3. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
(a) Old Yeller sleeps with Travis and Little Arliss.
(b) He locks Old Yeller in the corncrib.
(c) He builds a cage to keep Old Yeller in.
(d) He locks Old Yeller in the storm cellar.
4. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
(a) He thinks about the day when he will have a ranch of his own.
(b) He wonders if his father can see the same stars in Kansas.
(c) He thinks about how lucky he is to have a brother like Little Arliss.
(d) He thinks about what a wonderful dog Old Yeller is.
5. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(b) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(c) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(d) The first bull is gored in the hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
2. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
3. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
5. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)