|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A cloth with iodine.
(b) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(c) A poultice of wet mud.
(d) A bandage of bear fat.
2. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They lick the salt.
(b) They eat the berries growing there.
(c) They drink from the pond that is there.
(d) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
3. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
(a) Arliss threw a rock at her cub.
(b) Arliss threw a rock at her.
(c) Arliss wandered into her den.
(d) Arliss is holding her bear cub by the leg.
4. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
(a) He is licking Little Arliss.
(b) He acts like the bear attack was great fun.
(c) He is trembling in the corner.
(d) He is crying with pain.
5. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) They are no good for eating.
(b) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(c) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(d) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
2. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
3. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
4. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
5. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)