|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(b) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
2. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
(b) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(c) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(d) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
3. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
(a) He falls out of the tree.
(b) He raises his gun and shoots.
(c) He backs up.
(d) He raises his gun but doesn't shoot.
4. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(d) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
5. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
(a) He says that he didn't come for a social call.
(b) He says that the house smell like the old dog.
(c) He says that he would rather sit in the dog run.
(d) He says that he doesn't feel at ease in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
2. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
3. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
4. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
5. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)