|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
(b) He knows he can't make the shot.
(c) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(d) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
2. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
(a) Little Arliss is hanging from the meat.
(b) The meat is gone.
(c) The meat is rotten.
(d) A wolf is eating the meat.
3. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
(a) He locks Old Yeller in the corncrib.
(b) He locks Old Yeller in the storm cellar.
(c) Old Yeller sleeps with Travis and Little Arliss.
(d) He builds a cage to keep Old Yeller in.
4. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
(a) It is a pretty, fat heifer.
(b) It has the calmness of a milk cow.
(c) It is raw boned and ugly enough to be a good milk cow.
(d) It is a fat and feminine calf.
5. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
(b) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
(c) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(d) The boar coon is fast and agile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
2. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
3. How does the bull fight finally end?
4. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
5. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)