|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(b) He attacks the bulls.
(c) He runs away into the woods.
(d) He circles the bulls, howling.
2. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(b) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
3. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
(a) He says that he would rather sit in the dog run.
(b) He says that he doesn't feel at ease in the house.
(c) He says that he didn't come for a social call.
(d) He says that the house smell like the old dog.
4. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A moon horn.
(b) A loop horn.
(c) A droop horn.
(d) A scoop horn.
5. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
(a) He raises his gun and shoots.
(b) He raises his gun but doesn't shoot.
(c) He falls out of the tree.
(d) He backs up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
2. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
3. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
5. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)