|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They eat the berries growing there.
(b) They drink from the pond that is there.
(c) They lick the salt.
(d) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
2. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(b) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
(c) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
(d) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
3. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
(a) Travis thinks she is annoying.
(b) Travis thinks she is strange.
(c) Travis thinks she is bossy.
(d) Travis likes her because she is different than most girls.
4. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Comanches scalping him.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Squealing pigs.
(d) Hungry babies.
5. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(b) He brushes the dog every day.
(c) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
(d) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
2. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
4. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
5. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)