|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(b) He will miss his father.
(c) He just got stung by a bee.
(d) He wants to go too.
2. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
(a) He is trembling in the corner.
(b) He is licking Little Arliss.
(c) He is crying with pain.
(d) He acts like the bear attack was great fun.
3. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(b) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(c) He just wants to be a boy.
(d) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
4. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
(a) He nips at the heifer's heels.
(b) He jumps up and sets his teeth in the heifer's ear.
(c) He jumps on the heifer's back.
(d) He sets his teeth into the heifer's nose and flips her over.
5. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
(a) It is a fat and feminine calf.
(b) It has the calmness of a milk cow.
(c) It is raw boned and ugly enough to be a good milk cow.
(d) It is a pretty, fat heifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
2. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
3. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
5. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)