|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog can stay.
(b) She says that the dog needs some food.
(c) She says that the dog has to go.
(d) She says that the dog is sick.
2. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(a) Antiseptic cream.
(b) Bug repellant.
3. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
(a) It is a pretty, fat heifer.
(b) It is a fat and feminine calf.
(c) It is raw boned and ugly enough to be a good milk cow.
(d) It has the calmness of a milk cow.
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(b) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(c) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(d) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
5. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They win the dog at the country fair.
(b) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(c) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(d) They buy him from a neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
2. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
3. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
4. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)