|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They buy him from a neighbor.
(b) They win the dog at the country fair.
(c) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(d) The dog wanders to their cabin.
2. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(b) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
(c) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
(d) The boar coon is fast and agile.
3. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He scratches his ear.
(b) He stretches out his leg.
(c) He sneezes.
(d) He laughs at a squirrel.
4. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
5. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
(a) Grasshoppers, worms, bugs, and lizards.
(b) His pennies.
(c) His tree frog.
(d) His rock collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
2. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
3. What is the color of the two bulls?
4. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)