|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He sneezes.
(b) He scratches his ear.
(c) He laughs at a squirrel.
(d) He stretches out his leg.
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(b) He yells at the dog to go away.
(c) He is afraid of the dog.
(d) He falls on the dog and pets him.
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(b) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
(c) He knows he can't make the shot.
(d) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
4. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(c) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(d) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
5. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(b) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(c) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(d) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
2. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
3. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
5. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)