|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
(d) Ranch hands.
2. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(b) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(c) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(d) Arliss runs away and hides.
3. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(b) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
(c) Early morning and late evening.
(d) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(b) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(c) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(d) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
5. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(b) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(c) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
(d) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
2. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
4. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
5. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)