|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(b) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(c) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(d) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
2. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He laughs at a squirrel.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He scratches his ear.
(d) He stretches out his leg.
3. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog can stay.
(b) She says that the dog has to go.
(c) She says that the dog needs some food.
(d) She says that the dog is sick.
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(b) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(c) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(d) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
5. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(b) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
(c) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(d) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
2. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
3. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
5. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)