|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(d) They win the dog at the country fair.
2. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(a) Antiseptic cream.
(c) Bug repellant.
3. Who named Birdsong Creek?
(b) Little Arliss.
(c) The settlers.
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(b) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
(c) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
(d) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
5. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
2. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
3. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
4. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
5. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)