|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Obedience train him.
(c) Teach him to hunt.
(d) Find a way to get rid of him.
2. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is fat.
(b) The dog is injured.
(c) The dog is lame.
(d) The dog is starving.
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(b) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(c) They are no good for eating.
(d) They are not big enough to feed the family.
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(b) He is afraid of the dog.
(c) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(d) He yells at the dog to go away.
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(b) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(c) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(d) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
3. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
5. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)