|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He knows he can't make the shot.
(b) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
(c) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(d) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
2. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A horse.
(b) A new rifle.
(c) A Bowie knife.
(d) A dog.
3. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Find a way to get rid of him.
(c) Obedience train him.
(d) Teach him to hunt.
4. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
(a) He falls out of the tree.
(b) He raises his gun but doesn't shoot.
(c) He raises his gun and shoots.
(d) He backs up.
5. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(b) Travis backs away.
(c) Travis screams at him.
(d) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
2. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
4. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
5. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)