|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
(b) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
(c) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(d) He is going East to school.
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(b) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
(c) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(d) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
3. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(b) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(c) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(d) Arliss runs away and hides.
4. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He will miss his father.
(b) He just got stung by a bee.
(c) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(d) He wants to go too.
5. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Corn meal mush.
(c) Buttermilk biscuits.
(d) Hotcakes and honey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
2. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
3. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
4. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
5. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)