|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(b) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(c) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(d) He likes the yeller dog after all.
2. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis backs away.
(b) Travis screams at him.
(c) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
(d) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
3. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Teach him to hunt.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Find a way to get rid of him.
(d) Obedience train him.
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(b) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(c) He is afraid of the dog.
(d) He yells at the dog to go away.
5. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(b) He just got stung by a bee.
(c) He wants to go too.
(d) He will miss his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
2. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
3. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
4. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
5. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)