|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(b) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(c) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
2. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(b) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(c) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(d) He likes the yeller dog after all.
3. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Hungry babies.
(b) Comanches scalping him.
(c) Squealing pigs.
(d) Wild boars.
4. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(b) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(c) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(d) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
5. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Feed the dog.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Kill a doe for meat.
(d) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
2. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
3. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
4. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
5. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)