|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(c) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(d) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
2. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis backs away.
(b) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
(c) Travis screams at him.
(d) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
3. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(b) He just wants to be a boy.
(c) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(d) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(b) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(c) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(d) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
5. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(b) Bug repellant.
(c) Antiseptic cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
3. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
4. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)