|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He just got stung by a bee.
(b) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(c) He will miss his father.
(d) He wants to go too.
2. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He stretches out his leg.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He scratches his ear.
(d) He laughs at a squirrel.
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(b) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(c) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(d) They are no good for eating.
4. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(b) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
(c) Travis backs away.
(d) Travis screams at him.
5. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(c) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
(d) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
2. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
3. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
4. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
5. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)