|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who named Birdsong Creek?
(b) The settlers.
(c) Little Arliss.
2. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(b) He's never had a dog of his own.
(c) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
(d) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(b) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(c) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(d) They are no good for eating.
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He yells at the dog to go away.
(b) He is afraid of the dog.
(c) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(d) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
5. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They drink from the pond that is there.
(b) They eat the berries growing there.
(c) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
(d) They lick the salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
2. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
5. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)