|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(b) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(c) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(d) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
2. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A Bowie knife.
(b) A dog.
(c) A new rifle.
(d) A horse.
3. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog can stay.
(b) She says that the dog is sick.
(c) She says that the dog needs some food.
(d) She says that the dog has to go.
4. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(b) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
(c) Early morning and late evening.
(d) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He yells at the dog to go away.
(b) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(c) He is afraid of the dog.
(d) He falls on the dog and pets him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
2. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
5. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)