|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(b) He thinks the dog is stupid.
(c) He thinks the dog is vicious.
(d) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
2. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(b) He just wants to be a boy.
(c) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(d) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
3. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss runs away and hides.
(b) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(c) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(d) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
4. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Feed the dog.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
(d) Kill a doe for meat.
5. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
(b) Copperhead snakes.
(c) Possum and skunks.
(d) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
2. Who named Birdsong Creek?
3. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
4. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)