|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He hides behind Arliss.
(b) He runs away into the hills.
(c) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(d) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
2. Who comes to the cabin two weeks after the milking incident?
(a) A man comes to claim Old Yeller.
(b) Bud Searcy.
(d) Jed Simpson.
3. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
(a) He is rough and crude.
(b) He is young and rude.
(c) He is old and haggard.
(d) He is young, nice, and polite.
4. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(c) Old Yeller.
5. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
(b) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
(c) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
(d) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
2. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
3. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
4. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
5. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)