|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(b) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
(c) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(d) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
2. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) The corn is for the sheep.
(b) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(c) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(d) They need the corn to feed the cows.
3. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(b) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(c) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(d) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
4. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
(a) She tells him that he is rude.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) Her feelings are hurt.
(d) She doesn't care.
5. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
(a) He pesters Travis a dozen times a day.
(b) He helps Mama with the chores.
(c) He lets Travis rest.
(d) He milks the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
2. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
3. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
4. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)