|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(b) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(c) He is excited and wants to see it.
(d) He feels bad for the bulls.
2. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(b) They need the corn to feed the cows.
(c) The corn is for the sheep.
(d) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
3. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
(b) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(c) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(d) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
4. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
(b) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
(c) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
(d) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
5. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
2. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
3. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
4. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
5. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)