|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) Travis shoots at them.
(b) The old bull is killed.
(c) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(d) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
2. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(d) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
3. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(b) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(c) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(d) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
4. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
(b) She ties him to a tree.
(c) She ties his back legs together.
(d) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
5. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He always insults Old Yeller.
(b) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(c) He is a bother to Mama.
(d) He always yells at Little Arliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
2. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
3. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
5. What is the color of the two bulls?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)