|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(b) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(c) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
(d) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
2. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(b) He hides behind Arliss.
(c) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
(d) He runs away into the hills.
3. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He punches the man in the stomach.
(b) He kicks the man in the shin.
(c) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
(d) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
4. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(b) They need the corn to feed the cows.
(c) The corn is for the sheep.
(d) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
5. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties his back legs together.
(b) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
(c) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
(d) She ties him to a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
2. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
3. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
4. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
5. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)