|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties his back legs together.
(b) She ties him to a tree.
(c) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
(d) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
2. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(c) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
(d) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
3. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She is insulted by the suggestion.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She accepts it.
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(b) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(c) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(d) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
5. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(b) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(c) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(d) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
2. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
3. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
4. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
5. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)