|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(b) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(c) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
(d) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
2. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
3. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
(b) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(c) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(d) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
4. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) Her feelings are hurt.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She tells him that he is rude.
5. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(b) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(c) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(d) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
2. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)