|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
(a) He is obedient and submissive.
(b) He is no good with cows.
(c) He is the best cow dog that was ever born.
(d) He is He is the best sheep dog that was ever born.
2. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(b) He always yells at Little Arliss.
(c) He always insults Old Yeller.
(d) He is a bother to Mama.
3. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
4. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She is insulted by the suggestion.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She accepts it.
5. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(b) He attacks the bulls.
(c) He circles the bulls, howling.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
2. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
3. What is the color of the two bulls?
4. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
5. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)