|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
(a) Travis doesn't want to spend any time with Sanderson.
(b) Travis wants a puppy.
(c) Travis doesn't want Sanderson to see him cry.
(d) Travis is angry that the trade is made with Arliss and not him.
2. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
(a) He lets Travis rest.
(b) He milks the cows.
(c) He helps Mama with the chores.
(d) He pesters Travis a dozen times a day.
3. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
(b) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(c) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(d) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
5. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She is insulted by the suggestion.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She accepts it.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
3. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
4. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)