|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
(b) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
(c) He kicks the man in the shin.
(d) He punches the man in the stomach.
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(c) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(d) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
3. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
(a) He is old and haggard.
(b) He is young and rude.
(c) He is young, nice, and polite.
(d) He is rough and crude.
4. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
(b) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(c) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(d) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(c) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(d) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
2. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
3. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
4. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
5. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)