|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
(a) He is He is the best sheep dog that was ever born.
(b) He is obedient and submissive.
(c) He is no good with cows.
(d) He is the best cow dog that was ever born.
2. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
(b) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
(c) He wants a horse instead.
(d) He wants a purebred dog instead.
3. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(b) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(c) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(d) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
4. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(b) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(c) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(d) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
5. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(b) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(c) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(d) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
2. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
3. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
4. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
5. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)