|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
2. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He wants a horse instead.
(b) He wants a purebred dog instead.
(c) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
(d) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
3. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
(a) He is He is the best sheep dog that was ever born.
(b) He is obedient and submissive.
(c) He is the best cow dog that was ever born.
(d) He is no good with cows.
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He is a bother to Mama.
(b) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(c) He always yells at Little Arliss.
(d) He always insults Old Yeller.
5. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(b) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(c) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(d) Limping and vomiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
2. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
3. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
4. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
5. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)