|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(b) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(c) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
(d) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
2. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(d) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
3. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
(a) He thinks Sanderson is overreacting.
(b) He thinks Sanderson is lying about it.
(c) He doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about.
(d) He is scared and mixed up about the danger.
4. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) On the cabin steps.
(b) On the split-rail fence.
(c) At the cabin window.
(d) On the grassy knoll.
5. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the bull fight finally end?
2. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
3. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
5. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)