|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
2. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
3. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(c) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(d) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
4. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He feels bad for the bulls.
(b) He is excited and wants to see it.
(c) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(d) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
5. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
(b) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
(c) He wants a horse instead.
(d) He wants a purebred dog instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
2. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
3. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
4. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
5. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)