|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Flour and vinegar.
(b) Prickly-pear roots.
(c) Turpentine and mud.
(d) Bear fat.
2. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They squeal like pigs.
(b) They snort quietly.
(c) They quietly moan.
(d) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
3. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(b) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(c) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(d) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
4. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He feels bad for the bulls.
(b) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(c) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(d) He is excited and wants to see it.
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A moon horn.
(c) A loop horn.
(d) A scoop horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
2. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
3. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
4. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
5. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)