|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Bear fat.
(b) Turpentine and mud.
(c) Flour and vinegar.
(d) Prickly-pear roots.
2. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
(a) Her feelings are hurt.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She tells him that he is rude.
(d) She slaps him.
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He attacks the bulls.
(b) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(c) He circles the bulls, howling.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
4. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) At the cabin window.
(b) On the split-rail fence.
(c) On the cabin steps.
(d) On the grassy knoll.
5. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(b) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(c) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
(d) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
2. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
3. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
4. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)