|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He wants a purebred dog instead.
(b) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
(c) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
(d) He wants a horse instead.
2. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
(b) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
(c) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
(d) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
3. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(b) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(c) Limping and vomiting.
(d) Watery eyes and lethargy.
4. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A scoop horn.
(b) A moon horn.
(c) A droop horn.
(d) A loop horn.
5. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They squeal like pigs.
(b) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
(c) They quietly moan.
(d) They snort quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
3. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
4. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
5. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)