|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(b) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(c) He is excited and wants to see it.
(d) He feels bad for the bulls.
3. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(b) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(c) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(d) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
4. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
(a) He is gray with blue spots.
(b) He is dirty white and speckled with blue spots.
(c) He is yellow like Old Yeller.
(d) He is brown with white spots.
5. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
(b) He punches the man in the stomach.
(c) He kicks the man in the shin.
(d) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
2. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
3. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)