|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
2. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He tosses boiling water at them.
(b) He throws rocks at them.
(c) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(d) He chases them with a pitch fork.
3. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They squeal like pigs.
(b) They snort quietly.
(c) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
(d) They quietly moan.
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(c) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(d) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
2. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
3. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
4. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
5. How does the bull fight finally end?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)