|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(b) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
2. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He wants a horse instead.
(b) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
(c) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
(d) He wants a purebred dog instead.
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He circles the bulls, howling.
(b) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(c) He runs away into the woods.
(d) He attacks the bulls.
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He is a bother to Mama.
(b) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(c) He always insults Old Yeller.
(d) He always yells at Little Arliss.
5. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
(a) He is no good with cows.
(b) He is obedient and submissive.
(c) He is the best cow dog that was ever born.
(d) He is He is the best sheep dog that was ever born.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
2. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
3. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
4. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
5. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)