|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
(b) He punches the man in the stomach.
(c) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
(d) He kicks the man in the shin.
2. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(b) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
(c) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(d) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He runs away into the woods.
(b) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(c) He attacks the bulls.
(d) He circles the bulls, howling.
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(b) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(c) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(d) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
5. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
(b) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(c) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(d) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
2. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
3. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
4. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
5. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)