|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(b) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(c) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(d) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
2. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(b) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(c) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(d) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
3. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
(a) He is no good with cows.
(b) He is obedient and submissive.
(c) He is He is the best sheep dog that was ever born.
(d) He is the best cow dog that was ever born.
4. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(b) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(c) He tosses boiling water at them.
(d) He throws rocks at them.
5. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
2. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
3. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
4. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)