|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(b) The corn is for the sheep.
(c) They need the corn to feed the cows.
(d) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
2. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
(a) He is gray with blue spots.
(b) He is brown with white spots.
(c) He is yellow like Old Yeller.
(d) He is dirty white and speckled with blue spots.
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He tosses boiling water at them.
(b) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(c) He throws rocks at them.
(d) He goes after them with a bull whip.
4. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(b) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(c) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(d) Limping and vomiting.
5. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Bear fat.
(b) Prickly-pear roots.
(c) Flour and vinegar.
(d) Turpentine and mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
2. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
3. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)