|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(b) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(c) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(d) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
2. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
(a) He is gray with blue spots.
(b) He is brown with white spots.
(c) He is dirty white and speckled with blue spots.
(d) He is yellow like Old Yeller.
3. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Flour and vinegar.
(b) Bear fat.
(c) Turpentine and mud.
(d) Prickly-pear roots.
4. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He punches the man in the stomach.
(b) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
(c) He kicks the man in the shin.
(d) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
5. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
(a) He helps Mama with the chores.
(b) He pesters Travis a dozen times a day.
(c) He lets Travis rest.
(d) He milks the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
2. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
3. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
4. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)