|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
(b) He punches the man in the stomach.
(c) He kicks the man in the shin.
(d) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
2. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(b) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(c) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(d) Limping and vomiting.
3. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
(a) Travis doesn't want to spend any time with Sanderson.
(b) Travis doesn't want Sanderson to see him cry.
(c) Travis wants a puppy.
(d) Travis is angry that the trade is made with Arliss and not him.
4. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(b) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
(c) The old bull is killed.
(d) Travis shoots at them.
5. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
(a) He wants a purebred dog instead.
(b) He doesn't want a puppy because he has Old Yeller.
(c) He wants a horse instead.
(d) He doesn't want the trouble of another dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
2. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
3. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
5. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)