|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Prickly-pear roots.
(b) Bear fat.
(c) Turpentine and mud.
(d) Flour and vinegar.
2. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She tells him that he is rude.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) Her feelings are hurt.
3. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(b) Limping and vomiting.
(c) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(d) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
4. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
(b) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(c) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(d) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
5. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They snort quietly.
(b) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
(c) They squeal like pigs.
(d) They quietly moan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
2. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
3. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
4. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
5. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)