1) Discuss how Travis grows as a character from the beginning of the novel to the end.
2) How does his attitude change toward Old Yeller?
3) How does his attitude change about what is important in his life?
4) What are the differences in his attitude toward the meaning of responsibility in the beginning to the end of the novel?
1) Evaluate the relationship between Travis and his brother, Little Arliss.
2) How does Old Yeller affect their relationship with one another?
3) What event changes the way Travis views his brother and how he feels about him?
Give examples from the novel of the interaction between the two brothers.
1) Summarize how Fred Gipson uses local color and imagery to describe the cabin and Birdsong Creek.
2) Cite descriptive examples of the interior and exterior of the cabin, the area around Birdsong Creek, and the places Travis and Old Yeller travel during the novel.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)