* The narrator states that he had to kill Old Yeller.
* The setting is Birdsong Creek in Texas after the Civil War.
* The narrator's father is going on a cattle drive to Abilene.
* Little Arliss is the narrator's five year old brother.
* The narrator, Travis, is fourteen years old.
* Travis is left to be the man of the house while Papa is away.
* Mama tells Little Arliss to listen to what Travis says.
* The yeller dog appears the day after Papa leaves.
* Travis sees that the dog stole the meat from the dog run.
* The thieving dog has a chewed off ear, a stub tail, and is big and ugly.
* Travis kicks and yells at the dog
* Little Arliss hits Travis with a stick for kicking the dog.
* Mama says that Arliss can keep the dog.
* Travis is angry about the dog and decides to get rid...
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)