Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The narrator states that he had to kill Old Yeller.
* The setting is Birdsong Creek in Texas after the Civil War.
* The narrator's father is going on a cattle drive to Abilene.
* Little Arliss is the narrator's five year old brother.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* The narrator, Travis, is fourteen years old.
* Travis is left to...
This section contains 1,528 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)