Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
2. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
3. What does the Vicereine do in retaliation of the Governor's entertainment at the Viceroy's dinner?
4. What natural event opens chapter four?
5. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
Citing specific examples from the text, write an essay examining Martina, including the following:
- Her personality and characteristics.
- The symbolism of a murderer displaying a Christian attitude. Part
- Why a sympathetic character such as Martina would have murdered nuns.
- The author's intent with the character of Martina.
Citing specific examples from the text, write an essay discussing one of the following:
- The implications and symbolism of the Bishop's asthma.
- Bernarda's rape of the Marquis in order to conceive Sierva.
- Ygnacio's first wife being struck by lightning.
What is significant about "The Four Books of Amadis of Gaul?" Why is this book banned by the church and confiscated from Cayetano in his youth? How does this relate to Dr. Abrenuncio and, especially, Father Cayetano? Do the classic literary connections "The Four Books of Amadis of Gaul" mirror any changes that happen to the doctor and the priest? Why or why not?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)