Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
2. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
3. What does the Vicereine do in retaliation of the Governor's entertainment at the Viceroy's dinner?
4. What natural event opens chapter four?
5. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
Essay Topic 1
Citing specific examples from the text and including a strong thesis statement, discuss the use of religion in this novel, including the following:
- Dr. Abrenuncio's relationship with the church and the Marquis
- Dominga's religions and the effects on Sierva Part
- The Abbess and the Bishop's relationship with each other.
Essay Topic 2
What is significant about "The Four Books of Amadis of Gaul?" Why is this book banned by the church and confiscated from Cayetano in his youth? How does this relate to Dr. Abrenuncio and, especially, Father Cayetano? Do the classic literary connections "The Four Books of Amadis of Gaul" mirror any changes that happen to the doctor and the priest? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the paradox of Sierva being subjected to a torturous exorcism so that other characters may rid themselves of their own demons. Citing specific examples from the text, write an essay discussing one of the following:
- What is her family's role in her behavior and her subsequent imprisonment?
- The Bishop's perceived failure to keep everyone faithful to the church.
- The Abbess's extreme distaste for the citizens of New Grenada.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)