|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of jewelry is Sierva wearing when she arrives at the convent?
2. What document does the Bishop use as evidence of Sierva's demonic possession?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A book on African demons.
(d) The Acta.
3. In the Governor's dinner for the Viceroy, what is the entertainment?
(a) A nude Abyssinian woman.
(b) Slaves singing.
(c) A nun playing the harp.
(d) Sierva speaking in demonic voices.
4. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
(a) She bites him.
(b) She kicks him.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She kisses him.
5. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
(a) The Marquis's mansion.
(b) The Bishop's palace.
(c) The fanciest inn.
(d) The convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
2. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
3. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
4. How does Cayetano learn about the demons that he believes are controlling Sierva in Chapter 3?
5. In what state is Cayetano over Sierva during the Viceroy's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
2. What are Dr. Abrenuncio's views on the Holy Office and exorcisms?
3. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
4. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
5. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
6. Describe the convent.
7. Why does Bernarda run away from the mansion in Chapter 4?
8. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
9. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
10. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)