|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
(a) She finds them to heretical.
(b) She mocks them.
(c) She believes they are trying to do good but failing.
(d) She respects them.
2. According to the Bishop, what is the main problem with maintaining faith in the New World?
(a) The amount of disease that the slaves have brought.
(b) Youths running wild with no discipline.
(c) Heretics like the doctor.
(d) Interracial marriages.
3. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
(a) Courier pigeons.
(b) A secret tunnel.
(c) Bundles tied to arrows shot over the walls.
(d) Bundles thrown from the trees.
4. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She has blasphemously long hair.
(b) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
(c) She has strange marks on her body.
(d) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
5. When Cayetano is sent to see Sierva in chapter four, how is she dressed?
(a) As a nun.
(b) In boy's clothing.
(c) Fine clothes and jewels.
(d) In rags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Vicereine do in retaliation of the Governor's entertainment at the Viceroy's dinner?
2. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
3. What book does Dr. Abrenuncio show Cayetano?
4. What is striking about Sierva's dream as she relates it to Cayetano?
5. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
2. How does Martina help Sierva?
3. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
4. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
5. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
6. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
7. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
8. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
9. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
10. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)