|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cayetano learn about the demons that he believes are controlling Sierva in Chapter 3?
(a) He reads about African culture.
(b) He listens to the slaves' stories.
(c) He listens to gossip on the streets.
(d) He reads about them in the Bishop's library.
2. In what state is Cayetano over Sierva during the Viceroy's visit?
(a) He is exhausted from trying to help her.
(b) He despairs of her heresy.
(c) He feels disgusted by her.
(d) He is obsessed with her.
3. What forbidden activity is used to celebrate the arrival of the Viceroy?
(b) Fire walking.
4. How does the Abbess feel about the Bishop?
(a) She trusts him.
(b) She likes him but does not respect him.
(c) She resents him.
(d) She is in love with him.
5. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
(b) She has blasphemously long hair.
(c) She has strange marks on her body.
(d) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cayetano is sent to see Sierva in chapter four, how is she dressed?
2. Although he is assigned as Sierva's exorcist, what is Cayetano's true desire for his career?
3. How old is Father Cayetano?
4. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
5. How the Viceroy and his wife changed Sierva's cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cayetano begin to feel about Sierva at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
3. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
4. Describe the centuries-old conflict between the convent and the Bishop.
5. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
6. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
7. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
8. Why does Bernarda run away from the mansion in Chapter 4?
9. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
10. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)