|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
(a) Courier pigeons.
(b) A secret tunnel.
(c) Bundles thrown from the trees.
(d) Bundles tied to arrows shot over the walls.
2. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
(a) Visit with her mother.
(b) Visit with Cayetano.
(c) Visit with Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) Visit with her father.
3. What information does Cayetano give to the Bishop after the natural event of chapter four?
(a) He says that Sierva is possessed.
(b) He says that Sierva is manipulating everyone into believing she is possessed.
(c) He says that Sierva is not possessed.
(d) He says that Sierva is being abused.
4. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
(a) He remembers being Sierva's age and being beaten by his father.
(b) He remembers the Rector throwing away a treasured book.
(c) He remembers going to jail at 17-years-old, which led to becoming a priest.
(d) He remembers a woman he loved who died tragically.
5. What is the new Viceroy's name?
(a) Don Roberto de Buen Lozagos.
(b) Don Pedro de Buen Lozano.
(c) Don Roberto du Bueno.
(d) Don Rodrigo de Buen Lozano.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Viceroy's painting, what is surrounding Sierva?
2. Where in the convent is Sierva initially kept?
3. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
4. How does Sierva defend her jewelry from the nuns?
5. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
2. How does Martina help Sierva?
3. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
4. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
5. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
6. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
7. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
8. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
9. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
10. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)