|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Dr. Abrenuncio show Cayetano?
(a) The book that was taken away from the priest while at school
(b) A book on atheism.
(d) The book that Cayetano tried to give Sierva.
2. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, force himself to focus on the preparations for the exorcism?
3. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
(a) He suspects she is attempting to trick him.
(b) He begins to feel disgusted by her.
(c) He begins to fall in love with her.
(d) He grows frightened of her.
4. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
(b) She has strange marks on her body.
(c) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
(d) She has blasphemously long hair.
5. What natural event opens chapter four?
(a) A snowstorm.
(b) The sun's eclipse.
(c) Winter solstice.
(d) A thunderstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
2. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
3. In Cayetano's dream, what is Sierva eating?
4. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
5. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cayetano gain Sierva's trust?
2. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
3. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
4. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
5. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
6. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
7. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
8. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
9. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
10. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)