|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
(a) She prays at all hours in hopes that everyone notices her piety.
(b) She protests her innocence.
(c) She pretends to speak in demonic voices.
(d) She pretends that the demons are forcing her to hurt herself.
2. When the nuns steal Sierva's necklaces, what happens that forces the women to return the jewelry?
(a) One of the nuns falls down the steps while running away.
(b) The Abbess catches them and forces the nuns to apologize.
(c) One of the nuns breaks her neck on a low hanging candelabrum.
(d) Sierva grows sick.
3. Where in the convent is Sierva initially kept?
(a) The seamstress's office.
(b) The jail.
(c) The Abbess's room.
(d) The slave quarters.
4. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She has strange marks on her body.
(b) She has blasphemously long hair.
(c) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
(d) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
5. What information does Cayetano give to the Bishop after the natural event of chapter four?
(a) He says that Sierva is not possessed.
(b) He says that Sierva is manipulating everyone into believing she is possessed.
(c) He says that Sierva is being abused.
(d) He says that Sierva is possessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
2. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
3. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
4. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
5. How does Cayetano distract himself from his desire for Sierva at the end of chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the convent.
2. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
3. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
4. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
5. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
6. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
7. How does Cayetano begin to feel about Sierva at the end of Chapter 3?
8. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
9. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
10. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)