|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
(a) He buys the girl fresh pastries.
(b) He helps her bathe.
(c) He brings the girl fresh fruit.
(d) He brushes the girl's hair.
2. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
3. What is the Abbess's name?
(a) Juanita Maria.
(b) Josefa Miranda.
(c) Josefa Maria.
(d) Juanita Miranda.
4. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(a) The Marquis.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) Dr. Abrenuncio.
5. In Cayetano's dream, what is Sierva eating?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
2. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
3. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
4. What document does the Bishop use as evidence of Sierva's demonic possession?
5. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
2. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
3. Describe the convent.
4. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
5. How does Martina help Sierva?
6. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
7. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
8. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
9. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
10. Why does Bernarda run away from the mansion in Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)