|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cayetano react to the Abbess's attempted hysteria when he first meets Sierva?
(a) He tells the nun to calm down and leave.
(b) He sympathizes with the Abbess and turns all of his attention to her.
(c) He encourages the nun.
(d) He calms the nun down and makes her tea.
2. In Cayetano's dream, what is Sierva eating?
3. How old is Father Cayetano?
4. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
(a) The fanciest inn.
(b) The Bishop's palace.
(c) The convent.
(d) The Marquis's mansion.
5. Who recognizes Sierva's jewelry upon the girl's arrival to the convent?
(a) The novices from Africa.
(b) The cook.
(c) The slave women.
(d) The seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
2. What is Martina Laborde imprisoned for?
3. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
4. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
5. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
2. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
3. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
5. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
6. Describe the centuries-old conflict between the convent and the Bishop.
7. How does Martina help Sierva?
8. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
9. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
10. Describe the convent.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)