|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Father Cayetano?
2. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
(a) The Abbess.
(b) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(c) The Bishop.
3. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
(a) He becomes sick.
(b) He grows angry.
(c) He becomes aroused.
(d) He grows sad.
4. What is the rank of the nuns who abandon Sierva when she first arrives at the convent?
5. How does Cayetano distract himself from his desire for Sierva at the end of chapter four?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He reads the love poems.
(c) He reads the Bible.
(d) He whips himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
2. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
3. How does Cayetano learn about the demons that he believes are controlling Sierva in Chapter 3?
4. In the Governor's dinner for the Viceroy, what is the entertainment?
5. What natural event opens chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
2. Describe the centuries-old conflict between the convent and the Bishop.
3. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
4. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
5. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
6. Describe the convent.
7. How does Martina help Sierva?
8. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
9. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
10. What are Dr. Abrenuncio's views on the Holy Office and exorcisms?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)