|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sierva defend her jewelry from the nuns?
(a) She bites the nuns.
(b) She spits at the nuns.
(c) She screams for help.
(d) She punches the nuns.
2. Who recognizes Sierva's jewelry upon the girl's arrival to the convent?
(a) The novices from Africa.
(b) The slave women.
(c) The cook.
(d) The seamstress.
3. What is the new Viceroy's name?
(a) Don Roberto de Buen Lozagos.
(b) Don Rodrigo de Buen Lozano.
(c) Don Roberto du Bueno.
(d) Don Pedro de Buen Lozano.
4. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
(b) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
(c) She has strange marks on her body.
(d) She has blasphemously long hair.
5. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
(a) She kicks him.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She bites him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, where does the Abbess first find Sierva in the convent?
2. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
3. What is the Abbess's name?
4. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
5. In chapter three, what causes Sierva to become violently hysterical?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cayetano begin to feel about Sierva at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How does Cayetano gain Sierva's trust?
3. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
4. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
5. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
6. What are Dr. Abrenuncio's views on the Holy Office and exorcisms?
7. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
8. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
9. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
10. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)