|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she first meets the Abbess, how does Sierva behave?
(a) She acts violently and refuses to speak.
(b) She screams blasphemous phrases.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is very respectful to the Abbess.
2. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The prisoners.
(c) The novices.
(d) The slaves.
3. Although he is assigned as Sierva's exorcist, what is Cayetano's true desire for his career?
4. What does Cayetano wear before he goes to see Sierva in Chapter 4?
(a) A vestment.
(b) An eye patch
(c) A scarf that belongs to Sierva.
(d) A cast on his arm.
5. What is the Abbess's name?
(a) Juanita Maria.
(b) Josefa Miranda.
(c) Juanita Miranda.
(d) Josefa Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jewelry is Sierva wearing when she arrives at the convent?
2. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
3. What book does Dr. Abrenuncio show Cayetano?
4. According to the Bishop, what is the main problem with maintaining faith in the New World?
5. What is Martina Laborde imprisoned for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
2. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
3. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
4. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
5. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
6. How does Cayetano begin to feel about Sierva at the end of Chapter 3?
7. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
9. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
10. Describe the convent.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)