|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
2. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
(a) He begins to fall in love with her.
(b) He grows frightened of her.
(c) He suspects she is attempting to trick him.
(d) He begins to feel disgusted by her.
3. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
(a) She defecates herself.
(b) She urinates on herself.
(c) She screams obscenities at all the passing nuns.
(d) She faints.
4. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She has strange marks on her body.
(b) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
(c) She has blasphemously long hair.
(d) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
5. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
(a) He brings the girl fresh fruit.
(b) He helps her bathe.
(c) He buys the girl fresh pastries.
(d) He brushes the girl's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
2. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
3. What realization do the doctor and priest have about Sierva?
4. In chapter four, what does Bernarda choose to do?
5. What does the Viceroy believe about Sierva?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martina help Sierva?
2. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
3. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
4. Describe the convent.
5. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
6. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
7. Describe the centuries-old conflict between the convent and the Bishop.
8. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
9. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
10. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)