|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
(a) She no longer wants to be responsible for the girl.
(b) She wants to turn the girl out onto the streets.
(c) She wants to perform the exorcism herself.
(d) She wants to execute the girl for heresy.
2. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, force himself to focus on the preparations for the exorcism?
3. How does Sierva defend her jewelry from the nuns?
(a) She bites the nuns.
(b) She screams for help.
(c) She spits at the nuns.
(d) She punches the nuns.
4. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
(a) She kicks him.
(b) She bites him.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She kisses him.
5. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
(a) He brushes the girl's hair.
(b) He brings the girl fresh fruit.
(c) He buys the girl fresh pastries.
(d) He helps her bathe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Martina teach Sierva?
2. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
3. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
4. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
5. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
2. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
3. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
4. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
5. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
6. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
7. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
8. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
9. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
10. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)