|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How the Viceroy and his wife changed Sierva's cell?
(a) They added more restraints to hold her down.
(b) They made it look nicer and more comfortable.
(c) They added flowers.
(d) They have arranged for her to have a single cell.
2. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
(a) She will be released soon.
(b) She will die soon.
(c) She will never be free again.
(d) The Bishop will take her away.
3. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Uncomfortable lodgings.
(b) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(c) Unsanitary washing conditions.
(d) Bad food.
4. What skill does Martina teach Sierva?
(c) Braiding her hair.
5. In what state is Cayetano over Sierva during the Viceroy's visit?
(a) He feels disgusted by her.
(b) He is exhausted from trying to help her.
(c) He despairs of her heresy.
(d) He is obsessed with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Father Cayetano?
2. While visiting with the Bishop and Cayetano, what plans does the Viceroy bring up?
3. According to the Bishop, what is the main problem with maintaining faith in the New World?
4. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
5. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
2. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
3. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
4. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
6. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
7. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
8. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
9. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
10. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)