|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although he is assigned as Sierva's exorcist, what is Cayetano's true desire for his career?
2. According to the Bishop, what is the main problem with maintaining faith in the New World?
(a) Youths running wild with no discipline.
(b) Heretics like the doctor.
(c) The amount of disease that the slaves have brought.
(d) Interracial marriages.
3. In the Viceroy's painting, what is surrounding Sierva?
(b) Men who look like Cayetano.
(c) Obedient demons.
4. How old is Father Cayetano?
5. What is the new Viceroy's name?
(a) Don Roberto du Bueno.
(b) Don Rodrigo de Buen Lozano.
(c) Don Pedro de Buen Lozano.
(d) Don Roberto de Buen Lozagos.
Short Answer Questions
1. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
2. What forbidden activity is used to celebrate the arrival of the Viceroy?
3. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
4. What does Cayetano wear before he goes to see Sierva in Chapter 4?
5. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bernarda run away from the mansion in Chapter 4?
2. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
3. How does Cayetano gain Sierva's trust?
4. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
5. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
6. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
7. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
8. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
9. Describe the convent.
10. How does Cayetano begin to feel about Sierva at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)