|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document does the Bishop use as evidence of Sierva's demonic possession?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Acta.
(c) A book on African demons.
(d) The Koran.
2. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
(a) The history of rabies and whether Sierva is at risk.
(b) Sierva was abused by her mother.
(c) Sierva is at risk for developing rabies.
(d) The town is gossiping about Cayetano's relationship with Sierva.
3. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) Torture and destruction.
(c) A humane way to cure madness.
(d) A psychosomatic cure.
4. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
(a) Courier pigeons.
(b) Bundles tied to arrows shot over the walls.
(c) Bundles thrown from the trees.
(d) A secret tunnel.
5. In chapter three, where does the Abbess first find Sierva in the convent?
(a) The classrooms.
(b) The Abbess's office.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The slave quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
2. What is the new Viceroy's name?
3. What kind of jewelry is Sierva wearing when she arrives at the convent?
4. When Cayetano is sent to see Sierva in chapter four, how is she dressed?
5. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the centuries-old conflict between the convent and the Bishop.
2. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
3. How does Martina help Sierva?
4. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
5. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
6. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
7. How does Cayetano gain Sierva's trust?
8. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
9. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
10. How is Sierva comforted by the slave women in the convent?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)