|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
(a) He helps her bathe.
(b) He brings the girl fresh fruit.
(c) He buys the girl fresh pastries.
(d) He brushes the girl's hair.
2. What does Cayetano wear before he goes to see Sierva in Chapter 4?
(a) A vestment.
(b) A cast on his arm.
(c) A scarf that belongs to Sierva.
(d) An eye patch
3. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
(a) She mocks them.
(b) She finds them to heretical.
(c) She believes they are trying to do good but failing.
(d) She respects them.
4. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
(a) She faints.
(b) She defecates herself.
(c) She screams obscenities at all the passing nuns.
(d) She urinates on herself.
5. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
(a) He remembers a woman he loved who died tragically.
(b) He remembers the Rector throwing away a treasured book.
(c) He remembers being Sierva's age and being beaten by his father.
(d) He remembers going to jail at 17-years-old, which led to becoming a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rank of the nuns who abandon Sierva when she first arrives at the convent?
2. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
3. In their meeting, over what issue do the Bishop and Viceroy clash?
4. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
5. What does the Abbess list off as signs of Sierva's demonic powers to Cayetano?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)