|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Abbess's name?
(a) Juanita Miranda.
(b) Josefa Miranda.
(c) Josefa Maria.
(d) Juanita Maria.
2. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
(a) Sierva was abused by her mother.
(b) The town is gossiping about Cayetano's relationship with Sierva.
(c) The history of rabies and whether Sierva is at risk.
(d) Sierva is at risk for developing rabies.
3. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
(a) She defecates herself.
(b) She urinates on herself.
(c) She faints.
(d) She screams obscenities at all the passing nuns.
4. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(c) Unsanitary washing conditions.
(d) Uncomfortable lodgings.
5. What does Cayetano tell Sierva in chapter four to comfort her?
(a) He believes that she will be free.
(b) He will free her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He trusts her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the convent is Sierva initially kept?
2. What skill does Martina teach Sierva?
3. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
4. Who, upon her arrival, takes a special interest in Sierva?
5. While visiting with the Bishop and Cayetano, what plans does the Viceroy bring up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bernarda run away from the mansion in Chapter 4?
2. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
3. How does Cayetano gain Sierva's trust?
4. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
5. How does Martina help Sierva?
6. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
7. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
8. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
9. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
10. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)