|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
(a) The candles.
(b) The convent's sacred cross.
(c) The convent's crops.
(d) The convent's beehives.
2. In their meeting, over what issue do the Bishop and Viceroy clash?
(b) Slave trade.
(c) The conditions of the poor.
3. What does Cayetano tell Sierva in chapter four to comfort her?
(a) He will free her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He believes that she will be free.
(d) He trusts her.
4. When the nuns steal Sierva's necklaces, what happens that forces the women to return the jewelry?
(a) The Abbess catches them and forces the nuns to apologize.
(b) One of the nuns falls down the steps while running away.
(c) One of the nuns breaks her neck on a low hanging candelabrum.
(d) Sierva grows sick.
5. Who recognizes Sierva's jewelry upon the girl's arrival to the convent?
(a) The novices from Africa.
(b) The cook.
(c) The slave women.
(d) The seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
2. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
3. What is the Abbess's name?
4. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
5. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
2. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
3. Describe the convent.
4. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
5. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
6. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
7. What are Dr. Abrenuncio's views on the Holy Office and exorcisms?
8. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
9. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
10. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)