|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
(a) She has abused Sierva.
(b) She loves her daughter.
(c) She is dying soon.
(d) Sierva is gone.
2. What does the Vicereine do in retaliation of the Governor's entertainment at the Viceroy's dinner?
(a) She slaps the Governor.
(b) She brings Sierva to dinner with the Abbess.
(c) She buys the Abyssinian woman and sets her free.
(d) She leaves her husband.
3. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
(a) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(c) The Abbess.
(d) The Bishop.
4. How old is Father Cayetano?
5. How does Cayetano react to the Abbess's attempted hysteria when he first meets Sierva?
(a) He calms the nun down and makes her tea.
(b) He tells the nun to calm down and leave.
(c) He encourages the nun.
(d) He sympathizes with the Abbess and turns all of his attention to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
2. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
3. What does the Viceroy believe about Sierva?
4. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
5. What information does Cayetano give to the Bishop after the natural event of chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
2. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
3. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
4. What memory is brought back for Cayetano while writing love poems in Chapter 4?
5. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
6. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
7. Why does Bernarda run away from the mansion in Chapter 4?
8. How does Cayetano gain Sierva's trust?
9. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
10. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)