|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she first meets the Abbess, how does Sierva behave?
(a) She is very respectful to the Abbess.
(b) She faints.
(c) She acts violently and refuses to speak.
(d) She screams blasphemous phrases.
2. What is Martina Laborde imprisoned for?
(b) Murdering a priest who tried to assault her.
(d) Murdering other nuns.
3. What does the Vicereine do in retaliation of the Governor's entertainment at the Viceroy's dinner?
(a) She buys the Abyssinian woman and sets her free.
(b) She leaves her husband.
(c) She slaps the Governor.
(d) She brings Sierva to dinner with the Abbess.
4. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Unsanitary washing conditions.
(c) Uncomfortable lodgings.
(d) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
5. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
(a) Visit with her father.
(b) Visit with her mother.
(c) Visit with Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) Visit with Cayetano.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
2. What kind of jewelry is Sierva wearing when she arrives at the convent?
3. What forbidden activity is used to celebrate the arrival of the Viceroy?
4. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
5. What is the Abbess's name?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)