|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
(a) She bites him.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She kicks him.
(d) She hugs him.
2. What fictional character is associated with the book that Dr. Abrenuncio gives to Cayetano?
(b) Don Quixote.
(d) Don Juan DeMarco.
3. In chapter three, what causes Sierva to become violently hysterical?
(a) The nuns try to clean her self-inflicted wounds.
(b) The Bishop attempts to perform an exorcism.
(c) The nuns try to cut her hair.
(d) The nuns try to steal her necklaces.
4. What natural event opens chapter four?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) Winter solstice.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) The sun's eclipse.
5. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
(a) She mocks them.
(b) She believes they are trying to do good but failing.
(c) She respects them.
(d) She finds them to heretical.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cayetano learn about the demons that he believes are controlling Sierva in Chapter 3?
2. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
3. In what state is Cayetano over Sierva during the Viceroy's visit?
4. In their meeting, over what issue do the Bishop and Viceroy clash?
5. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
2. How does Cayetano gain Sierva's trust?
3. What is Father Cayetano's dream in chapter three?
4. How does the Abbess treat Sierva in Cayetano's presence?
5. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
6. How does Sierva react when she is first introduced to the Abbess?
7. Why does the Vicereine take an interest in Sierva's fate?
8. Describe Father Cayetano's character.
9. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
10. Describe the centuries-old conflict between the convent and the Bishop.
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)