|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, upon her arrival, takes a special interest in Sierva?
(a) The Viceroy's mistress.
(b) The Abbess's sister.
(c) The Marquis's third wife.
(d) The Vicereine.
2. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
(a) He remembers the Rector throwing away a treasured book.
(b) He remembers going to jail at 17-years-old, which led to becoming a priest.
(c) He remembers being Sierva's age and being beaten by his father.
(d) He remembers a woman he loved who died tragically.
3. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
(a) The history of rabies and whether Sierva is at risk.
(b) Sierva is at risk for developing rabies.
(c) The town is gossiping about Cayetano's relationship with Sierva.
(d) Sierva was abused by her mother.
4. Although he is assigned as Sierva's exorcist, what is Cayetano's true desire for his career?
5. In chapter three, what causes Sierva to become violently hysterical?
(a) The nuns try to clean her self-inflicted wounds.
(b) The nuns try to cut her hair.
(c) The nuns try to steal her necklaces.
(d) The Bishop attempts to perform an exorcism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cayetano wear before he goes to see Sierva in Chapter 4?
2. What is the rank of the nuns who abandon Sierva when she first arrives at the convent?
3. In chapter four, what does Bernarda choose to do?
4. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
5. At the end of the chapter three, what is Cayetano reading in regards to Sierva?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)