|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to the crypts at Santa Clara at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They are being emptied.
(b) They have been flooded.
(c) They have been destroyed by an earthquake.
(d) They have been turned into a tourist attraction.
2. What is the Bishop afflicted with?
(a) Kidney problems.
3. What bites Sierva in the marketplace?
(a) A person.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
4. How did Judas and Bernarda meet?
(a) She accidentally runs her horse into his.
(b) He is sent to entrap her in marriage.
(c) He buys her a drink.
(d) She buys him.
5. What is unique about the skull?
(a) There are tribal designs carved into the bone.
(b) Copper colored hair is growing from it.
(c) The teeth are all golden.
(d) There is no damage to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bishop say the Marquis must do to save Sierva?
2. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
3. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
4. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
5. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sierva have a strong affinity for the African culture?
2. What happens to Sierva while in the marketplace?
3. Describe Ygnacio as a youth.
4. Describe Bernarda and Ygnacio's relationship with Sierva.
5. Describe Bernarda's relationship with Judas.
6. What is the connection between the skull found in the crypts of the convent and the author's memories of a legend?
7. How does the friendship between Ygnacio and Dr. Abrenuncio begin?
8. What is special about the tall slave girl brought into New Grenada from the ship?
9. What does Dr. Abrenuncio believe about Sierva and her brush with rabies and what treatment does he recommend?
10. How does Sierva's relationship with her father improve in Chapter 2?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)