Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor advise Don Ygnacio to do with his daughter?
(a) He needs to be nice and treat her well.
(b) He needs to take her to the Bishop for help.
(c) Send her away from New Grenada.
(d) Leave her alone.
2. What are the slaves sent to do towards the end of chapter one?
(a) Find a doctor for Sierva.
(b) Beg for money and food.
(c) Find herbs that are meant to cure Sierva.
(d) Gather up their animals to be sold.
3. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Abbess.
4. How did the Marquis's father view him when he was younger?
(a) Too much of a wanderer to settle down.
(b) Smart, but unfocused.
(d) Mentally retarded.
5. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A demon.
(b) A heretic.
(c) A misguided doctor.
(d) A smart man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
2. In what state is the family's mansion?
3. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
4. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
5. Why is she going to the market?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Viceroy introduced to Sierva and why?
2. What does the Bishop claim about maintaining faith to the Viceroy?
3. Why must the convent not cut Sierva's hair?
4. Describe the convent.
5. What is Cayetano's fate after confessing his love for Sierva to the Bishop?
6. How does Martina help Sierva?
7. Why does Bernarda run away from the mansion in Chapter 4?
8. What is the connection between the skull found in the crypts of the convent and the author's memories of a legend?
9. What happens to Cayetano during the eclipse?
10. What is significant about the book Cayetano speaks of to Dr. Abrenuncio?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)