|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) An old man.
(b) A 36-year-old man.
(c) A young nun.
(d) A 12-year-old girl.
2. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
(a) He does not like his wife.
(b) He is afraid of horses.
(c) He is afraid of his daughter.
(d) He does not understand his daughter.
3. What does Ygnacio's father forbid?
(a) He forbids going to church.
(b) He forbids Ygnacio from dancing and singing.
(c) He forbids Olivia from eating.
(d) He forbids Ygnacio to marry Dulce Olivia.
4. What African name does Sierva take on for herself?
(a) Maria Dominga.
(b) Maria Mandinga.
(c) Mandinga du Martia.
(d) Mary de la Santos.
5. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(b) Caridad del Cobre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
2. What date does Dr. Abrenuncio give for Bernarda's death?
3. What does the doctor advise Don Ygnacio to do with his daughter?
4. What was Bernarda Cabrera's position before she and Ygnacio married?
5. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Cayetano promising Sierva to free her in Chapter 4?
2. What condition does the beginning of the book find Bernarda in and why?
3. What does the Abbess complain about to the Bishop in Chapter 4?
4. How does Cayetano begin to feel about Sierva at the end of Chapter 3?
5. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio bond?
6. What happens around Sierva that the nuns take as signs that she is the center of evil?
7. Why does Chapter 4 end with Cayetano whipping himself?
8. What evidence does the Bishop present that argue for Sierva being possessed?
9. How are Cayetano's nightly visits to Sierva stopped?
10. How does Father Aquino bring hope to Sierva?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)