|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what modern country is the next scene set?
2. Why is the convent not allowed to cut Sierva's hair?
(a) It is a sign of disrespect to cut her hair.
(b) It is a tribute to God until she is married.
(c) Only nuns may cut their hair.
(d) She screams until they promise to stop.
3. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
(a) He ignores her symptoms.
(b) He forces her to take communion.
(c) He takes her to the Bishop.
(d) He takes her to several quacks to try to cure her.
4. What action takes place that has the Bishop stepping in to check on Sierva?
(a) Sierva attempts suicide.
(b) Sagunta, in an attempt to cure Sierva, ends up rolling around naked with the girl while covered in grease.
(c) Sagunta tries to replace all of Sierva's "tainted" blood.
(d) Sierva tries to run away and goes to the church for help.
5. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
(a) Selling slaves.
(b) Trading and fraud.
(c) Smart business tactics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ygnacio's wife die?
2. How does Judas die?
3. What was the occupation of the Marquis's father?
4. In what state is the family's mansion?
5. Whom does Ygnacio marry when he returns to his father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bernarda and Ygnacio's relationship with Sierva.
2. What does Dr. Abrenuncio believe about Sierva and her brush with rabies and what treatment does he recommend?
3. How does Sierva's relationship with her father improve in Chapter 2?
4. Why must the convent not cut Sierva's hair?
5. How does Ygnacio's first wife deal with her husband?
6. How does the friendship between Ygnacio and Dr. Abrenuncio begin?
7. Why does Sierva lie to Dr. Abrenuncio?
8. Why does Ygnacio's father object to his son marrying Dulce Olivia?
9. What treatments does Sierva receive in her father's effort to cure her "madness?"
10. What is special about the tall slave girl brought into New Grenada from the ship?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)