|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the Marquis's father?
(a) Slave trader.
2. Why is she going to the market?
(a) Her mother sent her.
(b) She wants to buy a dog.
(c) It is her birthday.
(d) She is bored and wants to get into trouble.
3. What is the Bishop afflicted with?
(b) Kidney problems.
4. Because of the doctor's visits, what is beginning to change in Sierva and Ygnacio's relationship?
(a) She is beginning to communicate with her father.
(b) Ygnacio stops communicating with his daughter.
(c) Sierva resents her father more.
(d) They begin to read together.
5. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
(a) She does not want the doctor to know that she lied about the bite.
(b) She picked it up from the slaves when they use it as a survival tactic.
(c) She does not trust the doctor not to send her away.
(d) She does not want the doctor to know she was bitten badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
2. How much is the beautiful slave bought for?
3. Who is Judas Iscariote?
4. Where does the next scene of chapter one take place?
5. How does the Marquis learn to read and write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ygnacio's father object to his son marrying Dulce Olivia?
2. Why does the Marquis give his daughter to the Holy Office?
3. How does Sierva's relationship with her father improve in Chapter 2?
4. What is special about the tall slave girl brought into New Grenada from the ship?
5. What treatments does Sierva receive in her father's effort to cure her "madness?"
6. How does Bernarda force the Marquis into marriage?
7. Describe Bernarda's relationship with Judas.
8. How is rabies treated by the citizens of New Grenada from the first chapter?
9. Describe Ygnacio as a youth.
10. What happens to Sierva while in the marketplace?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)