|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bernarda go after Judas's death?
(c) The Marquis's summer cottage in Colombia.
(d) The Mahates sugar plantation.
2. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She loves her more than anything.
(c) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
(d) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
3. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
(b) Cacao tablets.
4. How does Ygnacio's wife die?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She is thrown from a horse.
(c) She is struck by lightning.
(d) She drowns.
5. How did the Marquis's father view him when he was younger?
(a) Too much of a wanderer to settle down.
(b) Mentally retarded.
(d) Smart, but unfocused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is raising Sierva?
2. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
3. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
4. How does Judas die?
5. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ygnacio as a youth.
2. What sort of man does Don Ygnacio appear to be in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Sierva prefer to live in the slave quarters instead of the mansion?
4. How does Bernarda spend her time on the sugar plantation and in what condition does she return?
5. Why does Sierva lie to Dr. Abrenuncio?
6. How does Ygnacio's first wife deal with her husband?
7. Describe Bernarda's relationship with Judas.
8. Why does Olivia escape from the madhouse and what is the result?
9. Why does Sierva have a strong affinity for the African culture?
10. Why must the convent not cut Sierva's hair?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)