|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sierva?
2. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
3. What was Bernarda Cabrera's position before she and Ygnacio married?
4. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
(d) The Abbess.
5. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
(a) Their wedding day.
(b) Sierva's birthday.
(c) The death of Ygnacio's first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
2. What action takes place that has the Bishop stepping in to check on Sierva?
3. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
4. Why do Bernarda and Ygnacio marry?
5. What have the drugs done to Bernarda Cabrera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about the tall slave girl brought into New Grenada from the ship?
2. Why does Sierva have a strong affinity for the African culture?
3. What treatments does Sierva receive in her father's effort to cure her "madness?"
4. How does Bernarda spend her time on the sugar plantation and in what condition does she return?
5. Why does Olivia escape from the madhouse and what is the result?
6. What does Dr. Abrenuncio believe about Sierva and her brush with rabies and what treatment does he recommend?
7. How does Ygnacio's first wife deal with her husband?
8. Why does Sierva lie to Dr. Abrenuncio?
9. Why does Ygnacio's father object to his son marrying Dulce Olivia?
10. What sort of man does Don Ygnacio appear to be in Chapter 1?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)