|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sierva?
2. Who is raising Sierva?
(a) Dominga de Adviento.
(b) The Bishop.
3. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
(a) The violin.
(b) The mandolin.
(c) The theorbo.
(d) The pan flute.
4. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
5. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
(a) They are to be freed.
(b) They are hiding.
(c) They are being sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Marquis learn to read and write?
2. Why is she going to the market?
3. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
4. What African name does Sierva take on for herself?
5. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of the Bishop.
2. How does Ygnacio's first wife deal with her husband?
3. What happens to Sierva while in the marketplace?
4. Why must the convent not cut Sierva's hair?
5. Why does Sierva prefer to live in the slave quarters instead of the mansion?
6. Describe Ygnacio as a youth.
7. What treatments does Sierva receive in her father's effort to cure her "madness?"
8. How does Bernarda spend her time on the sugar plantation and in what condition does she return?
9. Describe Bernarda and Ygnacio's relationship with Sierva.
10. Why does Ygnacio's father object to his son marrying Dulce Olivia?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)