|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the slaves sent to do towards the end of chapter one?
(a) Gather up their animals to be sold.
(b) Find a doctor for Sierva.
(c) Beg for money and food.
(d) Find herbs that are meant to cure Sierva.
2. Why is the convent not allowed to cut Sierva's hair?
(a) It is a sign of disrespect to cut her hair.
(b) Only nuns may cut their hair.
(c) It is a tribute to God until she is married.
(d) She screams until they promise to stop.
3. Who is raising Sierva?
(a) The Bishop.
(c) Dominga de Adviento.
4. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(a) Caridad del Cobre.
5. How old is Sierva?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the station of the person raising Sierva?
2. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
3. How much is the beautiful slave bought for?
4. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
5. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sierva's relationship with her father improve in Chapter 2?
2. Why must the convent not cut Sierva's hair?
3. Why does the Marquis give his daughter to the Holy Office?
4. What happens to Sierva while in the marketplace?
5. What sort of man does Don Ygnacio appear to be in Chapter 1?
6. What is special about the tall slave girl brought into New Grenada from the ship?
7. What does Dr. Abrenuncio believe about Sierva and her brush with rabies and what treatment does he recommend?
8. Describe the character of the Bishop.
9. Describe Bernarda's relationship with Judas.
10. Why does Sierva lie to Dr. Abrenuncio?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)