|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A smart man.
(c) A demon.
(d) A misguided doctor.
2. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(b) Caridad del Cobre.
3. Who is raising Sierva?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) Dominga de Adviento.
4. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
(a) They are to be freed.
(b) They are being sold.
(c) They are hiding.
5. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A mastiff.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bernarda go after Judas's death?
2. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
3. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
4. Because of the doctor's visits, what is beginning to change in Sierva and Ygnacio's relationship?
5. How did the Marquis's father view him when he was younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about the tall slave girl brought into New Grenada from the ship?
2. How does the friendship between Ygnacio and Dr. Abrenuncio begin?
3. How is rabies treated by the citizens of New Grenada from the first chapter?
4. Why does Sierva prefer to live in the slave quarters instead of the mansion?
5. Describe Bernarda and Ygnacio's relationship with Sierva.
6. What condition does the beginning of the book find Bernarda in and why?
7. Describe Bernarda's relationship with Judas.
8. Describe Ygnacio as a youth.
9. Why does Olivia escape from the madhouse and what is the result?
10. Why does Sierva lie to Dr. Abrenuncio?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)