|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
(a) He ignores her symptoms.
(b) He takes her to the Bishop.
(c) He forces her to take communion.
(d) He takes her to several quacks to try to cure her.
2. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
(d) Cacao tablets.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
(b) The author.
(c) The Bishop.
4. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
(a) She does not want the doctor to know she was bitten badly.
(b) She does not trust the doctor not to send her away.
(c) She picked it up from the slaves when they use it as a survival tactic.
(d) She does not want the doctor to know that she lied about the bite.
5. What is Don Ygnacio's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
2. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
3. Who tells Ygnacio that Sierva is going mad?
4. What does the bishop say the Marquis must do to save Sierva?
5. In what state is the family's mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sierva's relationship with her father improve in Chapter 2?
2. Describe Bernarda and Ygnacio's relationship with Sierva.
3. What is special about the tall slave girl brought into New Grenada from the ship?
4. Why does Olivia escape from the madhouse and what is the result?
5. Describe Ygnacio as a youth.
6. Describe Bernarda's relationship with Judas.
7. Why does Sierva lie to Dr. Abrenuncio?
8. What happens to Sierva while in the marketplace?
9. How does Bernarda spend her time on the sugar plantation and in what condition does she return?
10. How does Bernarda force the Marquis into marriage?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)