|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rabid animals attack the town?
2. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
(b) Racing horses.
(c) Indulging in sex and drugs.
3. Why is she going to the market?
(a) She wants to buy a dog.
(b) It is her birthday.
(c) Her mother sent her.
(d) She is bored and wants to get into trouble.
4. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
(a) The mandolin.
(b) The pan flute.
(c) The theorbo.
(d) The violin.
5. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
(a) Her father was the overseer to Ygnacio's family.
(b) She held his business accounts.
(c) She made dresses for his first wife.
(d) Ygnacio was her client.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is raising Sierva?
2. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
3. What is strange about Dulce Olivia?
4. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
5. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of man does Don Ygnacio appear to be in Chapter 1?
2. Describe the character of the Bishop.
3. How does Sierva's relationship with her father improve in Chapter 2?
4. What happens to Sierva while in the marketplace?
5. What condition does the beginning of the book find Bernarda in and why?
6. Why does Sierva lie to Dr. Abrenuncio?
7. How does Bernarda spend her time on the sugar plantation and in what condition does she return?
8. Why does Sierva have a strong affinity for the African culture?
9. Why does Sierva prefer to live in the slave quarters instead of the mansion?
10. What is the connection between the skull found in the crypts of the convent and the author's memories of a legend?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)