|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Martina teach Sierva?
(b) Braiding her hair.
2. Despite the punishment for his confession to the Bishop, what favors are granted to Cayetano?
(a) He will be in charge of Sierva's exorcism.
(b) He is allowed to be in charge of a small church far away from the convent.
(c) He is allowed to visit Sierva.
(d) His confession is kept secret and he can still say mass for the lepers.
3. What does Cayetano promise Sierva when he sneaks into her cell?
(a) He will always love her.
(b) He will take her away with him the next night.
(c) He will be back the next night with pastries.
(d) He will never tell a soul that she is possessed by demons.
4. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
(a) She is dying soon.
(b) Sierva is gone.
(c) She has abused Sierva.
(d) She loves her daughter.
5. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
(a) He forces her to take communion.
(b) He takes her to several quacks to try to cure her.
(c) He takes her to the Bishop.
(d) He ignores her symptoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
2. According to the Bishop, what is the main problem with maintaining faith in the New World?
3. What does the Abbess list off as signs of Sierva's demonic powers to Cayetano?
4. How the Viceroy and his wife changed Sierva's cell?
5. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)