|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Judas and Bernarda meet?
(a) She accidentally runs her horse into his.
(b) He buys her a drink.
(c) He is sent to entrap her in marriage.
(d) She buys him.
2. Why does the doctor doubt that Sierva has rabies?
(a) She was bitten by another animal, not the rabid dog.
(b) The dog did not have rabies.
(c) The bite was superficial.
(d) People of her racial background tend to be immune to rabies.
3. What African name does Sierva take on for herself?
(a) Maria Dominga.
(b) Mandinga du Martia.
(c) Maria Mandinga.
(d) Mary de la Santos.
4. What is unique about the skull?
(a) There are tribal designs carved into the bone.
(b) Copper colored hair is growing from it.
(c) The teeth are all golden.
(d) There is no damage to it.
5. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Father Cayetano.
(c) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) The Abbess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the family's mansion?
2. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
3. Who is raising Sierva?
4. Why do Bernarda and Ygnacio marry?
5. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)