|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter two, what does the narrator state will happen to Sierva?
(a) Sierva will run away from New Grenada.
(b) Sierva will die attempting to run away.
(c) Sierva will spend five years in the convent.
(d) Sierva will never leave the convent alive.
2. What is happening to the crypts at Santa Clara at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They have been destroyed by an earthquake.
(b) They have been turned into a tourist attraction.
(c) They are being emptied.
(d) They have been flooded.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
(b) The author.
(d) The Bishop.
4. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
(a) He does not understand his daughter.
(b) He is afraid of horses.
(c) He is afraid of his daughter.
(d) He does not like his wife.
5. What does Ygnacio refuse to do with his wife?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Kiss her on the lips.
(d) Read to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what continent do Sierva's language skills come from?
2. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
3. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
4. Who is Judas Iscariote?
5. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)