|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter two, what does the narrator state will happen to Sierva?
(a) Sierva will never leave the convent alive.
(b) Sierva will run away from New Grenada.
(c) Sierva will die attempting to run away.
(d) Sierva will spend five years in the convent.
2. How does Judas die?
(a) Murdered for his drugs.
(b) Drug overdose.
(d) Beaten to death in a bar fight.
3. What does the bishop say the Marquis must do to save Sierva?
(a) He must allow the Bishop to bless her.
(b) He must give her up to the Holy Office.
(c) He must discipline his daughter.
(d) He must send Sierva to Italy.
4. What have the drugs done to Bernarda Cabrera?
(a) She has rabies.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She is sick and bloated.
(d) She has lost most of her body fat and looks sickly.
5. Why is she going to the market?
(a) It is her birthday.
(b) She is bored and wants to get into trouble.
(c) Her mother sent her.
(d) She wants to buy a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the crypts at Santa Clara at the beginning of the novel?
2. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
3. Who is raising Sierva?
4. What does the doctor advise Don Ygnacio to do with his daughter?
5. What does Ygnacio refuse to do with his wife?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)