|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
(a) The death of Ygnacio's first wife.
(b) Their wedding day.
(d) Sierva's birthday.
2. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
(c) Cacao tablets.
3. What are the slaves sent to do towards the end of chapter one?
(a) Beg for money and food.
(b) Gather up their animals to be sold.
(c) Find herbs that are meant to cure Sierva.
(d) Find a doctor for Sierva.
4. How does Judas die?
(b) Drug overdose.
(c) Murdered for his drugs.
(d) Beaten to death in a bar fight.
5. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
(a) The church.
(b) Slave quarters.
(c) The market.
(d) The sugarcane fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor advise Don Ygnacio to do with his daughter?
2. What does Ygnacio's father forbid?
3. What have the drugs done to Bernarda Cabrera?
4. What does Bernarda believe was the beginning of her downfall?
5. Where does the next scene of chapter one take place?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)