|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bernarda Cabrera's position before she and Ygnacio married?
2. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Uncomfortable lodgings.
(b) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(c) Bad food.
(d) Unsanitary washing conditions.
3. How old is Father Cayetano?
4. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
(b) The Abbess.
(d) The Bishop.
5. How does the Marquis learn to read and write?
(a) He reads the Bible.
(b) He simply picked up a book and figured it out.
(c) He watches from outside a classroom window while a teacher goes through the alphabet.
(d) He communicates with the mad woman next door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, force himself to focus on the preparations for the exorcism?
2. Who recognizes Sierva's jewelry upon the girl's arrival to the convent?
3. At the end of the chapter three, what is Cayetano reading in regards to Sierva?
4. Although he is assigned as Sierva's exorcist, what is Cayetano's true desire for his career?
5. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)