|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
(a) Sierva is tied down on a stone bed.
(c) Sierva is tied to a cross.
(d) Sierva is chained to the wall.
2. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
(a) She no longer wants to be responsible for the girl.
(b) She wants to perform the exorcism herself.
(c) She wants to turn the girl out onto the streets.
(d) She wants to execute the girl for heresy.
3. When she first meets the Abbess, how does Sierva behave?
(a) She faints.
(b) She is very respectful to the Abbess.
(c) She screams blasphemous phrases.
(d) She acts violently and refuses to speak.
4. How does the Abbess feel about the Bishop?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She trusts him.
(c) She resents him.
(d) She likes him but does not respect him.
5. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
(a) Her father was the overseer to Ygnacio's family.
(b) Ygnacio was her client.
(c) She held his business accounts.
(d) She made dresses for his first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
2. What is the Abbess's name?
3. What terrified Ygnacio on his father's estate?
4. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
5. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)