Essay Topic 1
Consider the paradox of Sierva being subjected to a torturous exorcism so that other characters may rid themselves of their own demons. Citing specific examples from the text, write an essay discussing one of the following:
- What is her family's role in her behavior and her subsequent imprisonment?
- The Bishop's perceived failure to keep everyone faithful to the church.
- The Abbess's extreme distaste for the citizens of New Grenada.
Essay Topic 2
Citing specific examples from the text, write an essay discussing one of the following:
- Bernarda as a symbol of New Grenada's decay.
- The use of dogs as objects of fear as opposed to faithful companions.
- Sierva's Santeria jewelry and their representation of a non-biased person.
Essay Topic 3
Citing specific examples from the text and including a strong thesis statement, discuss Father Cayetano's fear of women. Make sure the essay...
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)