* The skull of a 12-year-old girl with coppery hair growing from it is found in the crypts of Santa Clara convent.
* The author recounts a legend of a 12-year-old girl who died from rabies.
* The story moves 200 years in the past where a dog with rabies bites Sierva.
* Sierva's neglectful parents are introduced and it is revealed that slaves raised Sierva.
* Don Ygnacio meets Dr. Abrenuncio.
* Bernarda's past is revealed, detailing her affair with Judas, drug addiction, and physical downfall.
* The Marquis feels guilty about neglecting his daughter and tries unsuccessfully to repair their relationship.
* Dr. Abrenuncio examines Sierva and announces she probably will not contract rabies.
* The doctor advises the Marquis to simply be kind and pay attention to his daughter.
* The Marquis's past as a dull youth in love with the madwoman Dulce Olivia next door is revealed.
* His father forbids the marriage and...
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)