|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say Oedipus can do, if he finds proof Creon's lying?
(a) cut Creon's throat then and there
(b) kill Creon before his sister's eyes
(c) banish Creon from the kingdom forever
(d) arrest Creon and sentence him to death
2. What is the position of the chorus, as stated by the chorus leader, in the conflict between Oedipus and Creon?
(a) Oedipus should resign as king.
(b) Oedipus should not judge Creon prematurely.
(c) Oedipus needs to question Teiresias more closely.
(d) Oedipus needs to defend himself.
3. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
(c) the oracle
4. Why does Jocasta come to pray to Apollo?
(a) to ask for her own safety
(b) to ask for Oedipus to be banished
(c) to pray that Oedipus be forgiven
(d) to cleanse what is corrupting Thebes
5. Where did the messenger find the infant Oedipus?
(a) by the banks of a river
(b) in the valleys of Clithaeron
(c) on the border of Corinth
(d) on the doorstep of his home
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would the shepherds stay in the fields each year?
2. Who first sees the old shepherd approaching?
3. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
4. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
5. Where does Jocasta say that Laius was murdered?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)