|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the old shepherd whether he gave an infant baby to the messenger years ago?
(a) the chorus leader
(d) the messenger
2. What does Oedipus seem to think Jocasta is afraid of learning about his birth?
(a) that he's not born of natural parents
(b) that he's Polybus' son after all
(c) that he's older than they believed
(d) that he's of low social status
3. Who is with the approaching shepherd?
(a) a priest of Apollo
(c) servants of Oedipus
(d) no one
4. Does the messenger identify the shepherd as the man he mentioned earlier?
(a) Yes, but the messenger must question the shepherd before being certain.
(b) Yes, the messenger identifies him easily.
(c) No, the messenger knows it's him but won't identify him.
(d) No, the messenger doesn't think he's the same man.
5. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his ankles
(b) his knees
(c) his elbows
(d) his wrists
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus ask, when Jocasta tells Oedipus the messenger's news?
2. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
3. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
4. What does Creon say his current position brings?
5. What is Oedipus' initial reaction when Creon asks to explain himself?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)