|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the messenger find the infant Oedipus?
(a) by the banks of a river
(b) on the border of Corinth
(c) in the valleys of Clithaeron
(d) on the doorstep of his home
2. What is the position of the chorus, as stated by the chorus leader, in the conflict between Oedipus and Creon?
(a) Oedipus needs to defend himself.
(b) Oedipus should resign as king.
(c) Oedipus should not judge Creon prematurely.
(d) Oedipus needs to question Teiresias more closely.
3. Who does Jocasta say Laius had with him, as an escort?
(a) fifteen of the best men
(b) ten heralds
(c) five men, including a herald
(d) no one
4. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
(b) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
(c) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
(d) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
5. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) in a river
(b) in the ocean
(c) on a mountain
(d) in a field
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jocasta advise Oedipus about his fears?
2. Does the chorus leader recognize the approaching shepherd?
3. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
4. What does the old shepherd fear will happen to him if he tells the truth?
5. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)