1. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
in front of the palace
2. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
3. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
caring and helpful
4. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
the priest of Zeus
5. Who does the priest say has gathered?
townspeople from the very young to the very old
6. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
at the gods' shrines asking for help
This section contains 6,091 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)