|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
2. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
(a) that the truth is as complex as a riddle
(b) that life is a riddle
(c) that Oedipus will wish this riddle were never solved
(d) that Oedipus is good at solving riddles
3. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) in the ocean
(b) on a mountain
(c) in a field
(d) in a river
4. What simile does Jocasta use to describe the people of Thebes?
(a) like people in a carriage who see the driver terrified
(b) like soldiers who see their commander slain
(c) like people on a ship who see the helmsman is afraid
(d) like children who see their father's fear
5. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
(a) Oedipus' exile or death
(b) war with Corinth
(c) Creon becoming a tyrannt
(d) destruction of Thebes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
2. Why does Jocasta come to pray to Apollo?
3. Who does the priest say has gathered?
4. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
5. What does Creon say his current position brings?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)