|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) in a river
(b) in a field
(c) on a mountain
(d) in the ocean
2. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
(a) his children
(b) the gods' children
(c) his creations
(d) the gods' creations
3. Who does the priest say has gathered?
(a) all the sick and elderly townspeople
(b) everyone but those ill from disease
(c) townspeople from the very young to the very old
(d) all the young and hearty townspeople
4. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) look inside his own heart
(b) question his sister Jocasta
(c) speak with Teiresias again
(d) talk to the oracle at Delphi
5. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
(a) It is misunderstood, even by himself.
(b) It is a blessing and a curse.
(c) It is fleeting and unreliable.
(d) It brings no benefits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
2. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
3. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
4. Who first sees the old shepherd approaching?
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)