|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the name of the murderer
(b) the family he's come from
(c) the true wishes of the gods
(d) the power of prophecy
2. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
(a) Yes, Oedipus wants to question the person to find the truth.
(b) Yes, Oedipus wants to send the person out of town.
(c) No, Oedipus doesn't think the person is important.
(d) No, Oedipus is afraid of what the person might say.
3. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(b) question his sister Jocasta
(c) look inside his own heart
(d) speak with Teiresias again
4. How does the messenger say Jocasta will feel about his news?
(a) glad and happy
(b) sad and regretful
(d) both glad and sad
5. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
(a) The murderer may want to kill the new king, too.
(b) The murderer may seek revenge on Oedipus for trying to find him.
(c) The murderer may want to kill the queen, Laius's wife.
(d) The murderer may flee quietly and leave the town to suffer the gods' wrath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
2. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
3. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
4. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
5. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)