|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a storm that destroyed the town
(b) a war with Corinth
(c) a plague on the crops
(d) trouble with the Sphinx
2. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
(a) The murderer may want to kill the new king, too.
(b) The murderer may want to kill the queen, Laius's wife.
(c) The murderer may seek revenge on Oedipus for trying to find him.
(d) The murderer may flee quietly and leave the town to suffer the gods' wrath.
3. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) himself and the people of Thebes
(b) the gods and the prophets
(c) Creon and Jocasta
(d) the land and the god Apollo
4. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
(a) being stubborn and forgetting common sense
(b) being stupid and not the one to answer the Sphinx's riddle
(c) framing him to cover Oedipus's own crimes
(d) being power hungry and greedy
5. What does Creon say Oedipus can do, if he finds proof Creon's lying?
(a) banish Creon from the kingdom forever
(b) cut Creon's throat then and there
(c) arrest Creon and sentence him to death
(d) kill Creon before his sister's eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
2. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
3. Why does Jocasta come to pray to Apollo?
4. How long would the shepherds stay in the fields each year?
5. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)