|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jocasta ask Oedipus to do regarding her brother?
(a) hold Creon in prison until he can discover the truth
(b) trust that Creon is telling the truth
(c) make her responsible for Creon
(d) send Creon away instead of killing him
2. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
(a) to wander the wilderness
(b) to Apollo's shrine
(c) to the kingdom of Corinth
(d) to Zeus's oracle
3. Who asks the old shepherd whether he gave an infant baby to the messenger years ago?
(a) the messenger
(b) the chorus leader
4. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the priest of Zeus
(b) the oracle
(c) the parliamentary leader
(d) the prophet of Hera
5. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
(a) The whole town, and Oedipus himself, will definitely be ruined.
(b) The gods will decide the outcome, and the murderer's fate is in their hands.
(c) Either the murderer will be caught and punished, or else they will all be ruined.
(d) The murderer will definitely be caught and punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
2. What does Oedipus seem to think Jocasta is afraid of learning about his birth?
3. Why does Jocasta come to pray to Apollo?
4. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
5. Where did the messenger find the infant Oedipus?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)