|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) in Corinth
(b) on the nearby mountain
(c) hiding in the countryside
(d) in Thebes
2. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
(a) repeat what he's said
(b) leave Thebes immediately
(c) fall on his knees and pray
(d) fight him
3. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will take them seriously
(b) that the murderer will ignore them
(c) that the murderer will make fun of them
(d) that the murderer will laugh at them
4. Who does Jocasta send for after hearing the messenger's news?
(b) the oracle
5. Where did the messenger find the infant Oedipus?
(a) by the banks of a river
(b) on the doorstep of his home
(c) on the border of Corinth
(d) in the valleys of Clithaeron
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
2. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
3. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
4. What does Jocasta advise Oedipus about his fears?
5. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)