|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the messenger identify the shepherd as the man he mentioned earlier?
(a) Yes, the messenger identifies him easily.
(b) No, the messenger doesn't think he's the same man.
(c) No, the messenger knows it's him but won't identify him.
(d) Yes, but the messenger must question the shepherd before being certain.
2. Where does Jocasta say that Laius was murdered?
(a) where the flatlands begin to become steep
(b) where three roads meet
(c) at the kingdom's border
(d) where two roads cross a stream
3. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(b) He asks why Creon is so late.
(c) He asks what message the gods sent.
(d) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
4. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) in a river
(b) in a field
(c) in the ocean
(d) on a mountain
5. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
2. When Jocasta begs him to stop his investigation and runs off, how does Oedipus say he feels about potentially discovering something bad about his natural parents?
3. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
4. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
5. What does Creon say his current position brings?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)