|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a war with Corinth
(b) a plague on the crops
(c) a storm that destroyed the town
(d) trouble with the Sphinx
2. What does the priest call pestilence?
(a) a thundering beast
(b) a sinister snake
(c) a roaring lion
(d) a fiery god
3. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
(a) being angry and quarrelling instead of finding the murderer
(b) not listening to each other and talking at cross purposes
(c) not talking with Creon
(d) not talking with Jocasta
4. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
(a) The whole town, and Oedipus himself, will definitely be ruined.
(b) Either the murderer will be caught and punished, or else they will all be ruined.
(c) The murderer will definitely be caught and punished.
(d) The gods will decide the outcome, and the murderer's fate is in their hands.
5. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
(b) a son who died
(c) a son who was stolen away
(d) a daughter who died
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
2. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
3. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
4. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
5. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)