|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his elbows
(b) his ankles
(c) his wrists
(d) his knees
2. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
(a) That it will be revealed today and destroy Oedipus.
(b) That Oedipus truly knows who his father is.
(c) That Oedipus has two fathers.
(d) That Oedipus will be better off not knowing.
3. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
(a) a promise of reward from Corinth
(b) a dictate from a god
(c) financial help from Thebes
(d) a dictate from a prophet
4. What does Jocasta question the chorus about, after Creon leaves?
(a) the interview between Oedipus and Teiresias
(b) the state of the farms and the townspeople
(c) the progress toward finding Laius's murderer
(d) what happened between Oedipus and Creon
5. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
(a) No human is skilled in prophecy.
(b) Oedipus is a fool not to listen to human prophets.
(c) Human prophets are the voices of gods.
(d) Some human prophets are true and some are false.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with the approaching shepherd?
2. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
3. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
4. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
5. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)