|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
(b) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
(c) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
(d) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
2. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) flees the city of Thebes
(b) talks to the people of Thebes
(c) challenges Oedipus to a fight
(d) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
3. What does Oedipus ask, when Jocasta tells Oedipus the messenger's news?
(a) He asks a servant to bring Creon to him.
(b) He asks Jocasta to leave him and go to the palace.
(c) He asks the messenger to tell him the news himself.
(d) He asks a servant to bring Teiresias to him.
4. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
(a) They were all killed.
(b) The king was alone.
(c) They were all killed but one, who ran away.
(d) They all ran away.
5. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
(a) whether Teiresias makes a profit from the town because of his prophesies
(b) how long Teiresias has lived in Thebes
(c) why Teiresias didn't give the identity of Laius' murderer at the time of the death
(d) how long Teiresias has been blind
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say that he still fears, after hearing the news of Polybus' death?
2. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
3. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
4. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
5. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)