|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the true wishes of the gods
(b) the power of prophecy
(c) the family he's come from
(d) the name of the murderer
2. What does Oedipus say that he still fears, after hearing the news of Polybus' death?
(a) Creon's treachery
(b) the wrath of Apollo
(c) wedding his mother
(d) the plague on the land
3. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
(a) his creations
(b) the gods' creations
(c) his children
(d) the gods' children
4. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
(c) the oracle
5. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
(a) that life is a riddle
(b) that the truth is as complex as a riddle
(c) that Oedipus is good at solving riddles
(d) that Oedipus will wish this riddle were never solved
Short Answer Questions
1. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
2. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
3. Who first sees the old shepherd approaching?
4. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
5. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)