|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
2. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
3. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
(b) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
(c) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
(d) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
4. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) making the gods upset
(b) not listening to the oracle
(c) not listening to each other
(d) fighting when the town's in trouble
5. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the name of the murderer
(b) the family he's come from
(c) the true wishes of the gods
(d) the power of prophecy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
2. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
3. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
4. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
5. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)