|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(b) It's good news.
(c) It's both good and bad news.
(d) It's bad news.
2. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
(a) because of Teiresias' age
(b) because clearly no one will believe Teiresias
(c) because he believes Teiresias is Creon's pawn
(d) because of Teiresias's stature in the community
3. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
(a) his creations
(b) the gods' creations
(c) the gods' children
(d) his children
4. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
(b) the messenger
(d) a stranger
5. What is Jocasta's answer, when Oedipus asks how tall and old Laius was?
(a) Laius was skinny and tall and young-looking.
(b) Laius was old and bent, but tall.
(c) Laius was small with a gray beard.
(d) Laius was big and had white hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
2. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
3. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
4. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
5. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)