|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position of the chorus, as stated by the chorus leader, in the conflict between Oedipus and Creon?
(a) Oedipus should not judge Creon prematurely.
(b) Oedipus needs to question Teiresias more closely.
(c) Oedipus should resign as king.
(d) Oedipus needs to defend himself.
2. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(b) speak with Teiresias again
(c) look inside his own heart
(d) question his sister Jocasta
3. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
(a) trying to overthrow him for the sake of power and riches
(b) killing Laius and causing the plagues
(c) wanting to marry Jocasta himself
(d) setting the Sphinx upon Thebes
4. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
(a) on the road to Delphi
(b) in the palace
(c) on an ocean voyage
(d) on the way to visit a nearby shepherd
5. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) himself and the people of Thebes
(b) the gods and the prophets
(c) the land and the god Apollo
(d) Creon and Jocasta
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
2. What does the priest call pestilence?
3. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
4. What does Jocasta question the chorus about, after Creon leaves?
5. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)