|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) speak with Teiresias again
(b) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(c) look inside his own heart
(d) question his sister Jocasta
2. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
(a) how long Teiresias has lived in Thebes
(b) whether Teiresias makes a profit from the town because of his prophesies
(c) how long Teiresias has been blind
(d) why Teiresias didn't give the identity of Laius' murderer at the time of the death
3. What is the position of the chorus, as stated by the chorus leader, in the conflict between Oedipus and Creon?
(a) Oedipus should not judge Creon prematurely.
(b) Oedipus needs to defend himself.
(c) Oedipus should resign as king.
(d) Oedipus needs to question Teiresias more closely.
4. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
(d) the oracle
5. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(b) It's bad news.
(c) It's both good and bad news.
(d) It's good news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
2. What city was the father who raised Oedipus from?
3. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
4. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
5. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)