|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's got the power of wealth
(b) because he's the first among men
(c) because he's a god to the town
(d) because he's the one they all blame
2. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) speak with Teiresias again
(b) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(c) question his sister Jocasta
(d) look inside his own heart
3. Who does the priest say has gathered?
(a) all the young and hearty townspeople
(b) all the sick and elderly townspeople
(c) townspeople from the very young to the very old
(d) everyone but those ill from disease
4. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
(b) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
(c) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
(d) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
5. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
(a) hurt his sister
(b) gain wealth
(c) mar Teiresias's reputation
(d) rule as king
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
2. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
3. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
4. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
5. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)