|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
(a) that he is rich but not in spirit
(b) that he is rich but will be poor
(c) that he is rich with wealth but not love
(d) that he is rich but cannot buy contentment
2. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
(a) Oedipus decides not to change his decision, though the chorus makes him doubtful.
(b) Oedipus is convinced by the chorus and gladly does what they ask.
(c) Oedipus gives in to the chorus unwillingly, foreseeing doom to himself.
(d) Oedipus refuses to listen to the chorus.
3. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) a desert
(b) an ocean
(c) a mountain
(d) a forest
4. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
(a) that he can see but not the past
(b) that he can see but will be blind
(c) that he can see but not himself
(d) that he can see but not the future
5. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Creon, who does a witness say killed Laius?
2. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
3. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
4. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
5. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)