|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
(a) He is now married to Laius' wife.
(b) He feels bound to Laius by the Sphinx's riddle.
(c) He feels drawn to the memory of Laius.
(d) He says the prophets have linked him to Laius.
2. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
(b) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
(c) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
(d) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
3. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
(a) They told Oedipus that it was true.
(b) They were angry, calling it an insult.
(c) Oedipus's father denied it, but his mother admitted it.
(d) They said it was untrue, but they seemed to be lying.
4. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people will never get salvation.
(b) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
(c) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(d) He says the people have what they've come for.
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
(a) that he can see but will be blind
(b) that he can see but not himself
(c) that he can see but not the past
(d) that he can see but not the future
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
2. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
3. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
4. Who does the priest say has gathered?
5. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)