|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's good news.
(b) It's bad news.
(c) It's both good and bad news.
(d) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
2. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks what message the gods sent.
(b) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(c) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
(d) He asks why Creon is so late.
3. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
(a) a laurel wreath
(b) a hood
(c) a crown
(d) a chain of daisies
4. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
(b) the gods
5. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(a) a small boy
(c) the chorus leader
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
2. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
3. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
4. Who does the priest say has gathered?
5. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)