|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
2. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
(a) hurt his sister
(b) rule as king
(c) gain wealth
(d) mar Teiresias's reputation
3. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
(a) Oedipus was angry.
(b) Creon was guilty.
(c) Oedipus was mislead by Teiresias.
(d) Creon is being framed.
4. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in a shrine
(b) in front of the palace
(c) in the forest
(d) at the oracle
5. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
(a) a servant who escaped
(d) three of the injured men
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does Oedipus offer that Teiresias is not really a prophet?
2. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
3. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
4. What does Oedipus tell Jocasta, when she begs him to tell her what's troubling him?
5. What does Jocasta ask Oedipus to do regarding her brother?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)