|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jocasta's answer, when Oedipus asks how tall and old Laius was?
(a) Laius was skinny and tall and young-looking.
(b) Laius was small with a gray beard.
(c) Laius was big and had white hair.
(d) Laius was old and bent, but tall.
2. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
(a) the oracle
3. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
(b) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
(c) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
(d) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
4. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's bad news.
(b) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(c) It's good news.
(d) It's both good and bad news.
5. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
(a) mar Teiresias's reputation
(b) rule as king
(c) gain wealth
(d) hurt his sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
2. What argument does Oedipus offer that Teiresias is not really a prophet?
3. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
4. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
5. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)