|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
(c) the gods
2. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
(a) consult the prophet Teiresias
(b) search every house in the city
(c) look inside his own palace
(d) send another emissary to Delphi
3. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
(a) because clearly no one will believe Teiresias
(b) because of Teiresias' age
(c) because he believes Teiresias is Creon's pawn
(d) because of Teiresias's stature in the community
4. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(b) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
(c) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(d) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
5. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
(a) Human prophets are the same as the gods and priests.
(b) It's impossible to tell if human prophets have real knowledge beyond the everyday.
(c) Human prophets are always wrong.
(d) Human prophets have human motivations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
2. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
3. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
4. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
5. What does Oedipus tell Jocasta, when she begs him to tell her what's troubling him?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)