|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the tale of Oedipus and the Sphinx treated in the town?
(a) People have already forgotten what Oedipus has done for them.
(b) Oedipus constantly forces the town to hear the story again.
(c) People only remember the story in times of trouble.
(d) People still tell the story of Oedipus and the Sphinx.
2. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
(a) Oedipus was angry.
(b) Oedipus was mislead by Teiresias.
(c) Creon was guilty.
(d) Creon is being framed.
3. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
(b) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
(c) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
(d) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
4. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(b) a small boy
(d) the chorus leader
5. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
(a) leave Thebes immediately
(b) fall on his knees and pray
(c) fight him
(d) repeat what he's said
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
2. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
3. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
4. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
5. Who does the priest say has gathered?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)