|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
(a) Oedipus is convinced by the chorus and gladly does what they ask.
(b) Oedipus gives in to the chorus unwillingly, foreseeing doom to himself.
(c) Oedipus refuses to listen to the chorus.
(d) Oedipus decides not to change his decision, though the chorus makes him doubtful.
2. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
(a) It is fleeting and unreliable.
(b) It brings no benefits.
(c) It is misunderstood, even by himself.
(d) It is a blessing and a curse.
3. What is Oedipus' initial reaction when Creon asks to explain himself?
(a) Oedipus says he'll listen, but he's afraid of Creon's smooth tongue.
(b) Oedipus says that he'll listen, and he hopes he can trust Creon.
(c) Oedipus refuses to listen to anything Creon has to say.
(d) Oedipus is eager to hear Creon's explanation.
4. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in front of the palace
(b) in the forest
(c) at the oracle
(d) in a shrine
5. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
2. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
3. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
4. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
5. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)