|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
(a) pity on him in his misery
(b) their suppliant branches
(c) the news to the outlying farms
2. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
(a) He cannot change them.
(b) They can be stopped by his silence.
(c) They can be stopped but only by Oedipus.
(d) They are for the best.
3. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
(a) Oedipus is convinced by the chorus and gladly does what they ask.
(b) Oedipus decides not to change his decision, though the chorus makes him doubtful.
(c) Oedipus gives in to the chorus unwillingly, foreseeing doom to himself.
(d) Oedipus refuses to listen to the chorus.
4. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
(a) being angry and quarrelling instead of finding the murderer
(b) not talking with Creon
(c) not talking with Jocasta
(d) not listening to each other and talking at cross purposes
5. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
(a) They all ran away.
(b) They were all killed.
(c) The king was alone.
(d) They were all killed but one, who ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
2. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
3. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
4. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
5. What does Creon say his current position brings?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)