|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
(a) whether Teiresias makes a profit from the town because of his prophesies
(b) how long Teiresias has been blind
(c) why Teiresias didn't give the identity of Laius' murderer at the time of the death
(d) how long Teiresias has lived in Thebes
2. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
(c) the gods
3. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
(a) Oedipus is a fool not to listen to human prophets.
(b) Human prophets are the voices of gods.
(c) No human is skilled in prophecy.
(d) Some human prophets are true and some are false.
4. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a plague on the crops
(b) a storm that destroyed the town
(c) a war with Corinth
(d) trouble with the Sphinx
5. What does the priest call pestilence?
(a) a thundering beast
(b) a fiery god
(c) a roaring lion
(d) a sinister snake
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
2. Why does Oedipus ask Creon to speak in front of the townspeople?
3. What is Jocasta's answer, when Oedipus asks how tall and old Laius was?
4. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
5. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)