|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) speak with Teiresias again
(b) question his sister Jocasta
(c) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(d) look inside his own heart
2. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) an unavenged murder
(b) a slight to the gods
(c) an unfulfilled prophecy
(d) a fight between protecting gods
3. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the parliamentary leader
(b) the priest of Zeus
(c) the prophet of Hera
(d) the oracle
4. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's the one they all blame
(b) because he's a god to the town
(c) because he's got the power of wealth
(d) because he's the first among men
5. What city was the father who raised Oedipus from?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Creon, who does a witness say killed Laius?
2. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
3. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
4. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
5. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)