|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say his current position brings?
(a) royal benefits but no freedom
(b) freedom from fear but no power
(c) power and benefits without fear
(d) fear and power but no freedom
2. What argument does Oedipus offer that Teiresias is not really a prophet?
(a) Teiresias changes his prophesies from one day to the next.
(b) Teiresias did not answer the Sphinx's riddle.
(c) Teiresias is only faking blindness.
(d) Teiresias's prophecies conflict with the oracle.
3. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(b) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
(c) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
(d) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
4. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his elbows
(b) his knees
(c) his ankles
(d) his wrists
5. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
(b) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
(c) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
(d) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accused Oedipus of not being his father's real son?
2. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
3. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
4. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
5. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)