|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
(a) a chain of daisies
(b) a laurel wreath
(c) a hood
(d) a crown
2. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in front of the palace
(b) in the forest
(c) at the oracle
(d) in a shrine
3. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(b) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
(c) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
(d) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
4. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
5. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
(a) defensive and annoyed
(b) angry and ironic
(c) derisive and snide
(d) deferential and complimentary
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
2. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
3. What does the priest point out about Oedipus overcoming the Sphinx?
4. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)