|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
2. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) in Corinth
(b) in Thebes
(c) on the nearby mountain
(d) hiding in the countryside
3. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
(b) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
(c) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(d) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
4. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
(a) the town elders
(b) Zeus's oracle
(c) the blind prophet
(d) the gods or wise men
5. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
(a) He does not believe his own visions.
(b) He doesn't want to cause them both grief.
(c) He knows the truth, but the gods have told him not to say.
(d) He isn't sure about what he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
2. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
3. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
4. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
5. Who does the priest say has gathered?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)