|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
(a) They all ran away.
(b) They were all killed.
(c) The king was alone.
(d) They were all killed but one, who ran away.
2. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the power of prophecy
(b) the family he's come from
(c) the name of the murderer
(d) the true wishes of the gods
3. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the parliamentary leader
(b) the prophet of Hera
(c) the priest of Zeus
(d) the oracle
4. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
(a) in the fields, trying to cure the diseases
(b) at the gods' shrines asking for help
(c) in their graves
(d) at home, caring for the sick
5. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
(a) a hood
(b) a laurel wreath
(c) a crown
(d) a chain of daisies
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
2. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
3. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
4. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
5. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)