|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) a fight between protecting gods
(b) an unavenged murder
(c) an unfulfilled prophecy
(d) a slight to the gods
2. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
3. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) a forest
(b) a desert
(c) a mountain
(d) an ocean
4. Who does the priest say has gathered?
(a) all the sick and elderly townspeople
(b) townspeople from the very young to the very old
(c) all the young and hearty townspeople
(d) everyone but those ill from disease
5. According to Creon, who does a witness say killed Laius?
(a) a gang of robbers
(b) a lone traveller
(c) a man with the power of a god
(d) a band of soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
2. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
3. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
4. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
5. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)