|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
(a) Oedipus offers to banish the murderer instead of killing him.
(b) Oedipus offers the murderer a place in Corinth in exchange for banishment from Thebes.
(c) Oedipus offers the murderer his choice of death or banishment.
(d) Oedipus offers to limit the murderer's banishment.
2. Why does the chorus think it's time for the murderer to flee?
(a) The ire of the city is rising against him.
(b) Zeus' son, Apollo, is against him.
(c) Oedipus is against him.
(d) Teiresias will eventually name him.
3. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) a slight to the gods
(b) an unavenged murder
(c) a fight between protecting gods
(d) an unfulfilled prophecy
4. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) on the nearby mountain
(b) hiding in the countryside
(c) in Corinth
(d) in Thebes
5. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
(a) It is a blessing and a curse.
(b) It is misunderstood, even by himself.
(c) It brings no benefits.
(d) It is fleeting and unreliable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
2. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
3. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
4. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
5. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)