|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
(b) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
(c) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(d) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
2. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) in Thebes
(b) hiding in the countryside
(c) on the nearby mountain
(d) in Corinth
3. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
(b) their suppliant branches
(c) the news to the outlying farms
(d) pity on him in his misery
4. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
(a) that he is a Corinthian
(b) that he will turn out to be a native Theban
(c) that he comes from no nation
(d) that he is an Athenian
5. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
(a) repeat what he's said
(b) fall on his knees and pray
(c) leave Thebes immediately
(d) fight him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
2. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
3. Why does Oedipus ask Creon to speak in front of the townspeople?
4. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
5. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)