|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
(a) to the kingdom of Corinth
(b) to Zeus's oracle
(c) to wander the wilderness
(d) to Apollo's shrine
2. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
3. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
(a) at the gods' shrines asking for help
(b) at home, caring for the sick
(c) in the fields, trying to cure the diseases
(d) in their graves
4. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
(a) angry and annoyed
(b) critical and derisive
(c) caring and helpful
(d) overjoyed and cheerful
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
(a) that he can see but not the future
(b) that he can see but will be blind
(c) that he can see but not the past
(d) that he can see but not himself
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
2. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
3. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
4. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
5. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)