|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
(a) Oedipus is full of fear that he will be dethroned.
(b) Oedipus's heart is greater and therefore his sorrow is greater.
(c) Oedipus says his personal loss from the plague is worse than anyone else's.
(d) Oedipus has sorrow for himself, the city, and all the townspeople.
2. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) the gods and the prophets
(b) himself and the people of Thebes
(c) the land and the god Apollo
(d) Creon and Jocasta
3. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(b) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
(c) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(d) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
4. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
(a) He doesn't want to cause them both grief.
(b) He does not believe his own visions.
(c) He knows the truth, but the gods have told him not to say.
(d) He isn't sure about what he knows.
5. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) a mountain
(b) a forest
(c) a desert
(d) an ocean
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
2. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
3. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
4. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
5. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)