|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
(b) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
(c) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
(d) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
2. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
3. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
(a) Oedipus has sorrow for himself, the city, and all the townspeople.
(b) Oedipus is full of fear that he will be dethroned.
(c) Oedipus says his personal loss from the plague is worse than anyone else's.
(d) Oedipus's heart is greater and therefore his sorrow is greater.
4. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the power of prophecy
(b) the name of the murderer
(c) the true wishes of the gods
(d) the family he's come from
5. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
2. What does the priest call pestilence?
3. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
4. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
5. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)