|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
2. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
(a) He's been paralyzed by the horror that's come on the town.
(b) He's been thinking about possible paths to a solution.
(c) He's been carefully questioning all the townspeople who could help.
(d) He's been offering sacrifices to all the gods.
3. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
(a) that he is rich but not in spirit
(b) that he is rich with wealth but not love
(c) that he is rich but will be poor
(d) that he is rich but cannot buy contentment
4. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) Creon and Jocasta
(b) himself and the people of Thebes
(c) the land and the god Apollo
(d) the gods and the prophets
5. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
(a) They can be stopped by his silence.
(b) They are for the best.
(c) He cannot change them.
(d) They can be stopped but only by Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
2. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
3. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
4. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
5. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)