|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
(a) Oedipus offers the murderer a place in Corinth in exchange for banishment from Thebes.
(b) Oedipus offers to banish the murderer instead of killing him.
(c) Oedipus offers the murderer his choice of death or banishment.
(d) Oedipus offers to limit the murderer's banishment.
2. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
(b) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
(c) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
(d) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
3. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
(a) a crown
(b) a laurel wreath
(c) a chain of daisies
(d) a hood
4. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's a god to the town
(b) because he's the first among men
(c) because he's got the power of wealth
(d) because he's the one they all blame
5. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) a slight to the gods
(b) an unavenged murder
(c) an unfulfilled prophecy
(d) a fight between protecting gods
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
2. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
3. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
4. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
5. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)