|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(a) the chorus leader
(d) a small boy
2. What does the priest point out about Oedipus overcoming the Sphinx?
(a) Oedipus used superior training to defeat the Sphinx, and no one else had the same benefits.
(b) Oedipus was able to defeat the Sphinx because of his powerful arm and his connections to royalty.
(c) Oedipus defeated the Sphinx only out of sheer luck.
(d) Oedipus had no more knowledge or instruction than the townspeople, and yet was able to solve the riddle.
3. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
(a) Oedipus offers to limit the murderer's banishment.
(b) Oedipus offers the murderer his choice of death or banishment.
(c) Oedipus offers the murderer a place in Corinth in exchange for banishment from Thebes.
(d) Oedipus offers to banish the murderer instead of killing him.
4. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
(a) to the kingdom of Corinth
(b) to wander the wilderness
(c) to Zeus's oracle
(d) to Apollo's shrine
5. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
2. How is the tale of Oedipus and the Sphinx treated in the town?
3. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
4. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
5. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)