|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's the first among men
(b) because he's got the power of wealth
(c) because he's a god to the town
(d) because he's the one they all blame
2. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
(a) that he is not the murderer and doesn't know who the murderer is
(b) that he doesn't want to know who the murderer is
(c) that the murderer likely had nothing to do with Thebes
(d) that he suspects who the murderer is but doesn't know
3. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's bad news.
(b) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(c) It's both good and bad news.
(d) It's good news.
4. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
(a) to Apollo's shrine
(b) to the kingdom of Corinth
(c) to wander the wilderness
(d) to Zeus's oracle
5. Why does the chorus think it's time for the murderer to flee?
(a) Zeus' son, Apollo, is against him.
(b) Oedipus is against him.
(c) The ire of the city is rising against him.
(d) Teiresias will eventually name him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the tale of Oedipus and the Sphinx treated in the town?
2. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
3. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
4. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
5. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)