|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
(a) The gods will decide the outcome, and the murderer's fate is in their hands.
(b) The whole town, and Oedipus himself, will definitely be ruined.
(c) The murderer will definitely be caught and punished.
(d) Either the murderer will be caught and punished, or else they will all be ruined.
2. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(b) He says the people have what they've come for.
(c) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
(d) He says the people will never get salvation.
3. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
(b) Oedipus' parents
(c) the gods
4. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks why Creon is so late.
(b) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(c) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
(d) He asks what message the gods sent.
5. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
(b) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
(c) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
(d) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
2. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
3. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
4. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
5. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)