|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks why Creon is so late.
(b) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(c) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
(d) He asks what message the gods sent.
2. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
3. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will laugh at them
(b) that the murderer will ignore them
(c) that the murderer will make fun of them
(d) that the murderer will take them seriously
4. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
(a) overjoyed and cheerful
(b) angry and annoyed
(c) critical and derisive
(d) caring and helpful
5. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
(a) the gods
(c) Oedipus' parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
2. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
3. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
4. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
5. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)