|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
(a) The king was alone.
(b) They were all killed.
(c) They all ran away.
(d) They were all killed but one, who ran away.
2. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
(a) a crown
(b) a hood
(c) a laurel wreath
(d) a chain of daisies
3. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
(a) shelter, talk, or consort with the murderer
(b) leave the town until the murderer is found
(c) pray to any god but Apollo until the murderer is found
(d) talk or gossip about the murder
4. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
(a) his creations
(b) the gods' creations
(c) the gods' children
(d) his children
5. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
2. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
3. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
4. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
5. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)