|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
2. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
(b) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(c) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(d) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
3. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
(b) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
(c) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
(d) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
4. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
(c) the oracle
5. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
(a) that Oedipus will wish this riddle were never solved
(b) that life is a riddle
(c) that Oedipus is good at solving riddles
(d) that the truth is as complex as a riddle
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
2. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
3. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
4. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
5. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)