|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) on the nearby mountain
(b) in Corinth
(c) hiding in the countryside
(d) in Thebes
2. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
(a) with fear
(d) with sorrow
3. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
(a) The whole town, and Oedipus himself, will definitely be ruined.
(b) Either the murderer will be caught and punished, or else they will all be ruined.
(c) The murderer will definitely be caught and punished.
(d) The gods will decide the outcome, and the murderer's fate is in their hands.
4. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the priest of Zeus
(b) the parliamentary leader
(c) the prophet of Hera
(d) the oracle
5. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in a shrine
(b) in front of the palace
(c) at the oracle
(d) in the forest
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
2. What argument does Oedipus offer that Teiresias is not really a prophet?
3. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
4. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
5. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)