|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people have what they've come for.
(b) He says the people will never get salvation.
(c) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
(d) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
2. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
(a) He cannot change them.
(b) They can be stopped by his silence.
(c) They are for the best.
(d) They can be stopped but only by Oedipus.
3. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
(c) no relation
4. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
(b) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
(c) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
(d) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
5. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) hiding in the countryside
(b) in Thebes
(c) in Corinth
(d) on the nearby mountain
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
2. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
3. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
4. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
5. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)