|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(a) the chorus leader
(c) a small boy
2. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks what message the gods sent.
(b) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(c) He asks why Creon is so late.
(d) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
3. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
(a) Human prophets have human motivations.
(b) Human prophets are always wrong.
(c) It's impossible to tell if human prophets have real knowledge beyond the everyday.
(d) Human prophets are the same as the gods and priests.
4. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's good news.
(b) It's bad news.
(c) It's both good and bad news.
(d) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
5. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
(a) They can be stopped but only by Oedipus.
(b) They are for the best.
(c) He cannot change them.
(d) They can be stopped by his silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
2. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
3. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
4. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
5. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)