|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in a shrine
(b) in the forest
(c) at the oracle
(d) in front of the palace
2. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
(d) the oracle
3. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
(a) defensive and annoyed
(b) derisive and snide
(c) angry and ironic
(d) deferential and complimentary
4. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
(a) search every house in the city
(b) look inside his own palace
(c) consult the prophet Teiresias
(d) send another emissary to Delphi
5. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
2. What argument does Oedipus offer that Teiresias is not really a prophet?
3. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
4. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
5. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)