|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
(a) the gods or wise men
(b) Zeus's oracle
(c) the blind prophet
(d) the town elders
2. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will laugh at them
(b) that the murderer will ignore them
(c) that the murderer will make fun of them
(d) that the murderer will take them seriously
3. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
(a) deferential and complimentary
(b) derisive and snide
(c) angry and ironic
(d) defensive and annoyed
4. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
(a) Oedipus has sorrow for himself, the city, and all the townspeople.
(b) Oedipus is full of fear that he will be dethroned.
(c) Oedipus's heart is greater and therefore his sorrow is greater.
(d) Oedipus says his personal loss from the plague is worse than anyone else's.
5. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
2. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
3. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
4. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
5. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)