|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
(b) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
(c) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(d) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
2. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
(a) leave the town until the murderer is found
(b) pray to any god but Apollo until the murderer is found
(c) shelter, talk, or consort with the murderer
(d) talk or gossip about the murder
3. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
(a) angry and annoyed
(b) overjoyed and cheerful
(c) caring and helpful
(d) critical and derisive
4. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) an ocean
(b) a forest
(c) a desert
(d) a mountain
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
(a) that he can see but not himself
(b) that he can see but not the past
(c) that he can see but will be blind
(d) that he can see but not the future
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
2. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
3. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
4. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
5. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)