|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
2. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
(a) his children
(b) his creations
(c) the gods' children
(d) the gods' creations
3. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
(a) Oedipus has sorrow for himself, the city, and all the townspeople.
(b) Oedipus's heart is greater and therefore his sorrow is greater.
(c) Oedipus is full of fear that he will be dethroned.
(d) Oedipus says his personal loss from the plague is worse than anyone else's.
4. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in a shrine
(b) at the oracle
(c) in front of the palace
(d) in the forest
5. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
(a) a dictate from a god
(b) a promise of reward from Corinth
(c) financial help from Thebes
(d) a dictate from a prophet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
2. Who does the priest say has gathered?
3. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
4. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
5. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)