|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
(b) with sorrow
(d) with fear
2. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
(a) The murderer may want to kill the new king, too.
(b) The murderer may want to kill the queen, Laius's wife.
(c) The murderer may seek revenge on Oedipus for trying to find him.
(d) The murderer may flee quietly and leave the town to suffer the gods' wrath.
3. Why does Oedipus ask Creon to speak in front of the townspeople?
(a) Oedipus wants to show Creon that he's not afraid.
(b) Oedipus feels more for the townspeople than for his own life.
(c) Oedipus wants the townspeople to become used to Creon's voice.
(d) Oedipus wants to show the townspeople he's not afraid.
4. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
5. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(b) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
(c) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
(d) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
2. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
3. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
4. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
5. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)