|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will take them seriously
(b) that the murderer will make fun of them
(c) that the murderer will laugh at them
(d) that the murderer will ignore them
2. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(b) He says the people will never get salvation.
(c) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
(d) He says the people have what they've come for.
3. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) trouble with the Sphinx
(b) a war with Corinth
(c) a plague on the crops
(d) a storm that destroyed the town
4. According to Creon, who does a witness say killed Laius?
(a) a band of soldiers
(b) a gang of robbers
(c) a man with the power of a god
(d) a lone traveller
5. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
2. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
3. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
4. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
5. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)