|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a plague on the crops
(b) a war with Corinth
(c) trouble with the Sphinx
(d) a storm that destroyed the town
2. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the prophet of Hera
(b) the priest of Zeus
(c) the parliamentary leader
(d) the oracle
3. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
4. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
(a) overjoyed and cheerful
(b) critical and derisive
(c) angry and annoyed
(d) caring and helpful
5. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks what message the gods sent.
(b) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
(c) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(d) He asks why Creon is so late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
2. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
3. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
4. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
5. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)