|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) a mountain
(b) a desert
(c) a forest
(d) an ocean
2. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
(a) They all ran away.
(b) The king was alone.
(c) They were all killed.
(d) They were all killed but one, who ran away.
3. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
(a) overjoyed and cheerful
(b) critical and derisive
(c) angry and annoyed
(d) caring and helpful
4. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the oracle
(b) the prophet of Hera
(c) the priest of Zeus
(d) the parliamentary leader
5. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
(a) the town elders
(b) Zeus's oracle
(c) the blind prophet
(d) the gods or wise men
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
2. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
3. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
4. Who does the priest say has gathered?
5. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)