|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
2. What does the priest call pestilence?
(a) a thundering beast
(b) a roaring lion
(c) a fiery god
(d) a sinister snake
3. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) a slight to the gods
(b) an unavenged murder
(c) an unfulfilled prophecy
(d) a fight between protecting gods
4. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the parliamentary leader
(b) the priest of Zeus
(c) the oracle
(d) the prophet of Hera
5. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) Creon and Jocasta
(b) the land and the god Apollo
(c) himself and the people of Thebes
(d) the gods and the prophets
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
2. Who does the priest say has gathered?
3. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
4. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
5. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)