|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) in Corinth
(b) on the nearby mountain
(c) in Thebes
(d) hiding in the countryside
2. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
(a) He's been carefully questioning all the townspeople who could help.
(b) He's been thinking about possible paths to a solution.
(c) He's been offering sacrifices to all the gods.
(d) He's been paralyzed by the horror that's come on the town.
3. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
(a) on an ocean voyage
(b) on the way to visit a nearby shepherd
(c) on the road to Delphi
(d) in the palace
4. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
5. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
(b) no relation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
2. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
3. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
4. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
5. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)