|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a plague on the crops
(b) a war with Corinth
(c) a storm that destroyed the town
(d) trouble with the Sphinx
2. Who does the priest say has gathered?
(a) townspeople from the very young to the very old
(b) everyone but those ill from disease
(c) all the sick and elderly townspeople
(d) all the young and hearty townspeople
3. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) a fight between protecting gods
(b) an unfulfilled prophecy
(c) an unavenged murder
(d) a slight to the gods
4. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
5. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's a god to the town
(b) because he's the first among men
(c) because he's got the power of wealth
(d) because he's the one they all blame
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
2. What does the priest call pestilence?
3. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
4. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
5. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)