|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people will never get salvation.
(b) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(c) He says the people have what they've come for.
(d) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
2. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
(a) a hood
(b) a chain of daisies
(c) a laurel wreath
(d) a crown
3. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
(a) He's been thinking about possible paths to a solution.
(b) He's been offering sacrifices to all the gods.
(c) He's been carefully questioning all the townspeople who could help.
(d) He's been paralyzed by the horror that's come on the town.
4. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
(a) being stupid and not the one to answer the Sphinx's riddle
(b) framing him to cover Oedipus's own crimes
(c) being power hungry and greedy
(d) being stubborn and forgetting common sense
5. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) in a river
(b) in the ocean
(c) in a field
(d) on a mountain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
2. What does Oedipus ask Creon to do about Jocasta?
3. What does the old shepherd fear will happen to him if he tells the truth?
4. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
5. How does Oedipus know that his daughters have come out of the palace?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)