|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
2. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
(a) look inside his own palace
(b) consult the prophet Teiresias
(c) send another emissary to Delphi
(d) search every house in the city
3. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
(a) three of the injured men
(c) a servant who escaped
4. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
(a) That Oedipus truly knows who his father is.
(b) That it will be revealed today and destroy Oedipus.
(c) That Oedipus has two fathers.
(d) That Oedipus will be better off not knowing.
5. What does Oedipus ask of Creon?
(a) He asks Creon to spare his life.
(b) He asks Creon to kill him.
(c) He asks Creon to forgive him for Jocasta's death.
(d) He asks Creon to banish him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position of the chorus, as stated by the chorus leader, in the conflict between Oedipus and Creon?
2. Oedipus calls himself the mortal man that the gods...
3. What does the priest point out about Oedipus overcoming the Sphinx?
4. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
5. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)