|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
2. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
(a) a promise of reward from Corinth
(b) financial help from Thebes
(c) a dictate from a god
(d) a dictate from a prophet
3. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
4. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
5. Where does Jocasta say that Laius was murdered?
(a) where three roads meet
(b) where the flatlands begin to become steep
(c) where two roads cross a stream
(d) at the kingdom's border
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
2. How does the second messenger say Jocasta died, when the chorus leader questions him?
3. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
4. Who accused Oedipus of not being his father's real son?
5. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)