|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
(a) No, Oedipus doesn't think the person is important.
(b) Yes, Oedipus wants to question the person to find the truth.
(c) No, Oedipus is afraid of what the person might say.
(d) Yes, Oedipus wants to send the person out of town.
2. When Jocasta fled into the palace after realizing the truth, what room did she run to?
(a) her bedroom
(b) the tower room
(c) the kitchen
(d) the dining hall
3. What is Oedipus' initial reaction when Creon asks to explain himself?
(a) Oedipus says that he'll listen, and he hopes he can trust Creon.
(b) Oedipus refuses to listen to anything Creon has to say.
(c) Oedipus is eager to hear Creon's explanation.
(d) Oedipus says he'll listen, but he's afraid of Creon's smooth tongue.
4. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
(a) a daughter who died
(b) a son who died
(c) a son who was stolen away
5. What gives Oedipus hope that he did not kill Laius?
(a) The murder seems to have taken place at a different time than Oedipus remembers.
(b) The description of the carriage does not match the one Oedipus remembers.
(c) The survivor reported being attacked by a band of thieves, not one man.
(d) The survivor may see Oedipus's face and be able to identify that he's not the killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
2. What does Oedipus foresee will happen to his daughters?
3. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
4. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
5. What does Oedipus seem to think Jocasta is afraid of learning about his birth?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)