|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus say about his future?
(a) He will live forever.
(b) He will die of some simple disease.
(c) He must have a strange destiny.
(d) He will die of his heartache.
2. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
3. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
(a) send another emissary to Delphi
(b) search every house in the city
(c) look inside his own palace
(d) consult the prophet Teiresias
4. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
5. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
(b) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(c) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
(d) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jocasta say that Laius was murdered?
2. What does Jocasta question the chorus about, after Creon leaves?
3. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
4. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
5. What does Oedipus tell the messenger he regrets about leaving Corinth?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)