|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) look inside his own heart
(b) question his sister Jocasta
(c) speak with Teiresias again
(d) talk to the oracle at Delphi
2. Who does the shepherd say gave him the infant child?
(a) Laius's servant
(b) Jocasta's maid
3. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(b) a small boy
(d) the chorus leader
4. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
5. Does the messenger identify the shepherd as the man he mentioned earlier?
(a) Yes, the messenger identifies him easily.
(b) No, the messenger knows it's him but won't identify him.
(c) Yes, but the messenger must question the shepherd before being certain.
(d) No, the messenger doesn't think he's the same man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the old shepherd grow up?
2. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
3. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
4. How does the second messenger say Jocasta died, when the chorus leader questions him?
5. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)