|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(b) It's both good and bad news.
(c) It's bad news.
(d) It's good news.
2. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) question his sister Jocasta
(b) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(c) speak with Teiresias again
(d) look inside his own heart
3. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
4. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
(a) Yes, Oedipus wants to question the person to find the truth.
(b) No, Oedipus doesn't think the person is important.
(c) No, Oedipus is afraid of what the person might say.
(d) Yes, Oedipus wants to send the person out of town.
5. What does the old shepherd fear will happen to him if he tells the truth?
(a) He'll be outcast among the people.
(b) He'll be cursed by Apollo.
(c) He'll be cast from the kingdom.
(d) He'll die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
2. When Jocasta begs him to stop his investigation and runs off, how does Oedipus say he feels about potentially discovering something bad about his natural parents?
3. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
4. What does Oedipus say about the chorus regarding their advice?
5. How does Oedipus know that his daughters have come out of the palace?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)