|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
(b) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(c) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(d) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
2. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) flees the city of Thebes
(b) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(c) challenges Oedipus to a fight
(d) talks to the people of Thebes
3. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
(a) a daughter who died
(b) a son who died
(d) a son who was stolen away
4. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
(a) three of the injured men
(b) a servant who escaped
5. What does the chorus leader say he wishes?
(a) that Oedipus had died to the Sphinx
(b) that Oedipus has never seen an oracle
(c) that Apollo had struck Oedipus down at birth
(d) that he had never known Oedipus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
2. As the second messenger prefaces his news, what does he say brings us the most pain?
3. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
4. Who is with the approaching shepherd?
5. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)