|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
(a) the gods' children
(b) his children
(c) his creations
(d) the gods' creations
2. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
3. What does Oedipus ask of the mountain, Cithaeron?
(a) why it did not kill him as an infant
(b) to take him now into its forests
(c) to take him now and kill him
(d) why it is not cursed in the songs of Thebes
4. What does Oedipus do when Creon asks him to let go of his children?
(a) Oedipus lets go of his children.
(b) Oedipus protests.
(c) Oedipus says he never should have touched the children, corrupted as he is.
(d) Oedipus says Creon is their parent now, and he has no children.
5. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's got the power of wealth
(b) because he's a god to the town
(c) because he's the one they all blame
(d) because he's the first among men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
2. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
3. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
4. Does the chorus leader recognize the approaching shepherd?
5. When Creon turns the tables and begins questioning Oedipus, what is the first question he asks?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)