|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) a mountain
(b) an ocean
(c) a forest
(d) a desert
2. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
3. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
(a) being stubborn and forgetting common sense
(b) framing him to cover Oedipus's own crimes
(c) being power hungry and greedy
(d) being stupid and not the one to answer the Sphinx's riddle
4. What does Oedipus tell Jocasta, when she begs him to tell her what's troubling him?
(a) He refuses to tell her, since what he suspects is so bad.
(b) He tells her that there is nothing troubling her.
(c) He yells at her and sends her into the palace.
(d) He agrees to tell her his worries.
5. What does Jocasta question the chorus about, after Creon leaves?
(a) what happened between Oedipus and Creon
(b) the state of the farms and the townspeople
(c) the interview between Oedipus and Teiresias
(d) the progress toward finding Laius's murderer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
2. What does Oedipus suggest the people of Thebes might do to him, as alternatives to sending him out of Thebes?
3. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
4. What was the messenger's profession when he found the infant Oedipus?
5. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)