|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) on a mountain
(b) in a river
(c) in the ocean
(d) in a field
2. Where did the messenger find the infant Oedipus?
(a) on the border of Corinth
(b) by the banks of a river
(c) on the doorstep of his home
(d) in the valleys of Clithaeron
3. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
(a) No, Oedipus is afraid of what the person might say.
(b) Yes, Oedipus wants to send the person out of town.
(c) No, Oedipus doesn't think the person is important.
(d) Yes, Oedipus wants to question the person to find the truth.
4. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) not listening to the oracle
(b) fighting when the town's in trouble
(c) making the gods upset
(d) not listening to each other
5. Where did the old shepherd grow up?
(a) in Corinth
(b) in a poor house in Thebes
(c) in Laius' house
(d) in a distant village
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
2. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
3. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
4. What did Oedipus use to injure himself with?
5. What does Creon say his current position brings?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)