|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus foresee will happen to his daughters?
(a) They will kill one another.
(b) They will be killed by the crowd as soon as Oedipus is gone.
(c) No one will marry them.
(d) Creon will banish them.
2. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a war with Corinth
(b) a storm that destroyed the town
(c) a plague on the crops
(d) trouble with the Sphinx
3. What does Jocasta ask Oedipus to do regarding her brother?
(a) make her responsible for Creon
(b) trust that Creon is telling the truth
(c) hold Creon in prison until he can discover the truth
(d) send Creon away instead of killing him
4. What is the position of the chorus, as stated by the chorus leader, in the conflict between Oedipus and Creon?
(a) Oedipus needs to defend himself.
(b) Oedipus should not judge Creon prematurely.
(c) Oedipus should resign as king.
(d) Oedipus needs to question Teiresias more closely.
5. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
(a) war with Corinth
(b) Oedipus' exile or death
(c) destruction of Thebes
(d) Creon becoming a tyrannt
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the old shepherd grow up?
2. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
3. What city was the father who raised Oedipus from?
4. What does Oedipus wish for the man who unshackled his ankles when Oedipus was an infant?
5. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)