|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
(b) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
(c) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(d) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
2. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(b) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
(c) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
(d) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
3. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
(a) The stranger whipped Oedipus.
(b) Oedipus whipped the stranger.
(c) The herald struck Oedipus with his sword.
(d) The stranger struck Oedipus with his sword.
4. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
5. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) an unfulfilled prophecy
(b) a slight to the gods
(c) a fight between protecting gods
(d) an unavenged murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
2. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
3. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
4. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
5. Why does the chorus think it's time for the murderer to flee?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)