|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest call pestilence?
(a) a sinister snake
(b) a thundering beast
(c) a fiery god
(d) a roaring lion
2. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
(a) Oedipus was mislead by Teiresias.
(b) Creon was guilty.
(c) Oedipus was angry.
(d) Creon is being framed.
3. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
(a) pity on him in his misery
(c) the news to the outlying farms
(d) their suppliant branches
4. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
(b) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(c) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
(d) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
5. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jocasta say that Laius was murdered?
2. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
3. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
4. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
5. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)