|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(b) a small boy
(c) the chorus leader
2. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
(a) The murderer may flee quietly and leave the town to suffer the gods' wrath.
(b) The murderer may want to kill the new king, too.
(c) The murderer may want to kill the queen, Laius's wife.
(d) The murderer may seek revenge on Oedipus for trying to find him.
3. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
(b) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(c) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
(d) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
4. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
(a) The stranger whipped Oedipus.
(b) The herald struck Oedipus with his sword.
(c) Oedipus whipped the stranger.
(d) The stranger struck Oedipus with his sword.
5. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
(a) because clearly no one will believe Teiresias
(b) because he believes Teiresias is Creon's pawn
(c) because of Teiresias's stature in the community
(d) because of Teiresias' age
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
2. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
3. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
4. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
5. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)