|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
(a) Oedipus offers to banish the murderer instead of killing him.
(b) Oedipus offers to limit the murderer's banishment.
(c) Oedipus offers the murderer a place in Corinth in exchange for banishment from Thebes.
(d) Oedipus offers the murderer his choice of death or banishment.
2. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) a slight to the gods
(b) a fight between protecting gods
(c) an unavenged murder
(d) an unfulfilled prophecy
3. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
(a) caring and helpful
(b) overjoyed and cheerful
(c) critical and derisive
(d) angry and annoyed
4. Who accused Oedipus of not being his father's real son?
(a) his cousin, son of his mother's sister
(b) a stranger passng through the town
(c) a drunk man at a dinner
(d) the local prophet
5. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
(a) Oedipus was mislead by Teiresias.
(b) Oedipus was angry.
(c) Creon is being framed.
(d) Creon was guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
2. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
3. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
4. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
5. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)