|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
2. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(a) the truth
(c) the gods
(d) his powers
3. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
(a) It is misunderstood, even by himself.
(b) It is a blessing and a curse.
(c) It brings no benefits.
(d) It is fleeting and unreliable.
4. Why does Oedipus ask Creon to speak in front of the townspeople?
(a) Oedipus wants to show the townspeople he's not afraid.
(b) Oedipus wants the townspeople to become used to Creon's voice.
(c) Oedipus feels more for the townspeople than for his own life.
(d) Oedipus wants to show Creon that he's not afraid.
5. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
(a) Oedipus offers the murderer a place in Corinth in exchange for banishment from Thebes.
(b) Oedipus offers the murderer his choice of death or banishment.
(c) Oedipus offers to banish the murderer instead of killing him.
(d) Oedipus offers to limit the murderer's banishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
2. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
3. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
4. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
5. What does the priest point out about Oedipus overcoming the Sphinx?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)