|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
(a) He's been paralyzed by the horror that's come on the town.
(b) He's been offering sacrifices to all the gods.
(c) He's been carefully questioning all the townspeople who could help.
(d) He's been thinking about possible paths to a solution.
2. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
(a) He orders them to reveal the murderer, if they know who he is.
(b) He orders them to gather together and stay in their houses.
(c) He orders them to go to the shrines and give offerings to the gods.
(d) He orders them to hold a great celebration in the town.
3. What does the priest call pestilence?
(a) a fiery god
(b) a sinister snake
(c) a roaring lion
(d) a thundering beast
4. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
(b) Oedipus' parents
(d) the gods
5. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(b) It's bad news.
(c) It's good news.
(d) It's both good and bad news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
2. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
3. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
4. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
5. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)