|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
(a) Human prophets are the same as the gods and priests.
(b) Human prophets are always wrong.
(c) Human prophets have human motivations.
(d) It's impossible to tell if human prophets have real knowledge beyond the everyday.
2. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in front of the palace
(b) in the forest
(c) in a shrine
(d) at the oracle
3. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
(b) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
(c) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(d) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
4. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
5. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) on the nearby mountain
(b) hiding in the countryside
(c) in Corinth
(d) in Thebes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
2. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
3. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
4. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
5. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)