|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say his current position brings?
(a) freedom from fear but no power
(b) royal benefits but no freedom
(c) power and benefits without fear
(d) fear and power but no freedom
2. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his wrists
(b) his ankles
(c) his knees
(d) his elbows
3. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
(a) Creon is being framed.
(b) Oedipus was angry.
(c) Oedipus was mislead by Teiresias.
(d) Creon was guilty.
4. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
(a) repeat what he's said
(b) fight him
(c) leave Thebes immediately
(d) fall on his knees and pray
5. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
(a) framing him to cover Oedipus's own crimes
(b) being power hungry and greedy
(c) being stubborn and forgetting common sense
(d) being stupid and not the one to answer the Sphinx's riddle
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
2. Why does Oedipus ask Creon to speak in front of the townspeople?
3. What does Oedipus tell Jocasta, when she begs him to tell her what's troubling him?
4. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
5. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)