|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will make fun of them
(b) that the murderer will take them seriously
(c) that the murderer will laugh at them
(d) that the murderer will ignore them
2. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
(a) Oedipus's father denied it, but his mother admitted it.
(b) They said it was untrue, but they seemed to be lying.
(c) They were angry, calling it an insult.
(d) They told Oedipus that it was true.
3. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
4. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) a slight to the gods
(b) a fight between protecting gods
(c) an unavenged murder
(d) an unfulfilled prophecy
5. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in a shrine
(b) at the oracle
(c) in the forest
(d) in front of the palace
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was the father who raised Oedipus from?
2. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
3. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
4. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
5. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)