|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(b) He asks why Creon is so late.
(c) He asks what message the gods sent.
(d) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
2. What does Jocasta ask Oedipus to do regarding her brother?
(a) make her responsible for Creon
(b) trust that Creon is telling the truth
(c) hold Creon in prison until he can discover the truth
(d) send Creon away instead of killing him
3. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
(a) being angry and quarrelling instead of finding the murderer
(b) not talking with Jocasta
(c) not talking with Creon
(d) not listening to each other and talking at cross purposes
4. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) making the gods upset
(b) not listening to each other
(c) not listening to the oracle
(d) fighting when the town's in trouble
5. What does Creon say Oedipus can do, if he finds proof Creon's lying?
(a) kill Creon before his sister's eyes
(b) arrest Creon and sentence him to death
(c) banish Creon from the kingdom forever
(d) cut Creon's throat then and there
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
2. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
3. What does Creon say about Laius' companions when he was killed?
4. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
5. When Creon turns the tables and begins questioning Oedipus, what is the first question he asks?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)