|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will laugh at them
(b) that the murderer will take them seriously
(c) that the murderer will make fun of them
(d) that the murderer will ignore them
2. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
(a) It is a blessing and a curse.
(b) It is fleeting and unreliable.
(c) It is misunderstood, even by himself.
(d) It brings no benefits.
3. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a plague on the crops
(b) a storm that destroyed the town
(c) trouble with the Sphinx
(d) a war with Corinth
4. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
(a) They were angry, calling it an insult.
(b) Oedipus's father denied it, but his mother admitted it.
(c) They told Oedipus that it was true.
(d) They said it was untrue, but they seemed to be lying.
5. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
(b) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
(c) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(d) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
2. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
3. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
4. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
5. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)