|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(b) challenges Oedipus to a fight
(c) talks to the people of Thebes
(d) flees the city of Thebes
2. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
(b) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
(c) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(d) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
3. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
(c) with fear
(d) with sorrow
4. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
(a) the gods
5. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
(a) a crown
(b) a chain of daisies
(c) a laurel wreath
(d) a hood
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
2. What city was the father who raised Oedipus from?
3. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
4. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
5. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)