|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say Oedipus can do, if he finds proof Creon's lying?
(a) arrest Creon and sentence him to death
(b) cut Creon's throat then and there
(c) banish Creon from the kingdom forever
(d) kill Creon before his sister's eyes
2. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
(a) They said it was untrue, but they seemed to be lying.
(b) They told Oedipus that it was true.
(c) They were angry, calling it an insult.
(d) Oedipus's father denied it, but his mother admitted it.
3. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
4. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
(a) to be ripped from his land and family
(b) eternal damnation
(c) a life of solitude and sobriety
(d) all the bad things he wished upon the murderer
5. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will make fun of them
(b) that the murderer will take them seriously
(c) that the murderer will laugh at them
(d) that the murderer will ignore them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
2. What gives Oedipus hope that he did not kill Laius?
3. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
4. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
5. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)