|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Creon turns the tables and begins questioning Oedipus, what is the first question he asks?
(a) whether Oedipus killed Laius
(b) whether Oedipus is married to Creon's sister
(c) whether the townspeople believe Oedipus is guilty
(d) whether there is some unknown explanation for Teiresias's information
2. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
(a) to Apollo's shrine
(b) to wander the wilderness
(c) to Zeus's oracle
(d) to the kingdom of Corinth
3. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
(a) Oedipus is convinced by the chorus and gladly does what they ask.
(b) Oedipus decides not to change his decision, though the chorus makes him doubtful.
(c) Oedipus gives in to the chorus unwillingly, foreseeing doom to himself.
(d) Oedipus refuses to listen to the chorus.
4. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
(a) He's been paralyzed by the horror that's come on the town.
(b) He's been carefully questioning all the townspeople who could help.
(c) He's been offering sacrifices to all the gods.
(d) He's been thinking about possible paths to a solution.
5. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his elbows
(b) his ankles
(c) his wrists
(d) his knees
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus tell Jocasta, when she begs him to tell her what's troubling him?
2. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
3. Why does Oedipus ask Creon to speak in front of the townspeople?
4. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
5. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)