|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
(b) the oracle
2. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a war with Corinth
(b) a plague on the crops
(c) trouble with the Sphinx
(d) a storm that destroyed the town
3. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the true wishes of the gods
(b) the power of prophecy
(c) the family he's come from
(d) the name of the murderer
4. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) speak with Teiresias again
(b) look inside his own heart
(c) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(d) question his sister Jocasta
5. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
(b) with fear
(d) with sorrow
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
2. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
3. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
4. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
5. What is Jocasta's answer, when Oedipus asks how tall and old Laius was?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)