|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
(b) the oracle
2. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) not listening to the oracle
(b) fighting when the town's in trouble
(c) making the gods upset
(d) not listening to each other
3. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
(a) that he can see but not himself
(b) that he can see but will be blind
(c) that he can see but not the future
(d) that he can see but not the past
4. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(b) talks to the people of Thebes
(c) flees the city of Thebes
(d) challenges Oedipus to a fight
5. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
(d) the gods
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
2. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
3. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
4. What does Oedipus do when the shepherd won't tell about giving away the infant?
5. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)