|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
(a) framing him to cover Oedipus's own crimes
(b) being stubborn and forgetting common sense
(c) being stupid and not the one to answer the Sphinx's riddle
(d) being power hungry and greedy
2. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
(a) angry and ironic
(b) deferential and complimentary
(c) derisive and snide
(d) defensive and annoyed
3. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
(a) not listening to each other and talking at cross purposes
(b) not talking with Creon
(c) not talking with Jocasta
(d) being angry and quarrelling instead of finding the murderer
4. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
(b) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
(c) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
(d) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
5. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) in the ocean
(b) in a river
(c) on a mountain
(d) in a field
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say that he still fears, after hearing the news of Polybus' death?
2. What does the old shepherd fear will happen to him if he tells the truth?
3. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
4. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
5. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)