|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
(a) They were angry, calling it an insult.
(b) Oedipus's father denied it, but his mother admitted it.
(c) They told Oedipus that it was true.
(d) They said it was untrue, but they seemed to be lying.
2. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) in the ocean
(b) in a river
(c) on a mountain
(d) in a field
3. What does Jocasta ask Oedipus to do regarding her brother?
(a) send Creon away instead of killing him
(b) hold Creon in prison until he can discover the truth
(c) trust that Creon is telling the truth
(d) make her responsible for Creon
4. Where does the messenger want Oedipus to go?
(a) back to Corinth
(b) into the mountains of Thebes
(c) away from both Thebes and Corinth
(d) to his mother on the outskirts of Thebes
5. Who does the shepherd say gave him the infant child?
(a) Jocasta's maid
(d) Laius's servant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
2. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
3. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
4. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
5. What gives Oedipus hope that he did not kill Laius?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)