|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus tell the messenger he regrets about leaving Corinth?
(a) having taken on the burden of ruling Thebes
(b) having met Creon
(c) having met Jocasta
(d) not seeing his parents
2. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(b) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
(c) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
(d) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
3. Who does Jocasta say Laius had with him, as an escort?
(a) no one
(b) five men, including a herald
(c) ten heralds
(d) fifteen of the best men
4. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
(a) eternal damnation
(b) a life of solitude and sobriety
(c) all the bad things he wished upon the murderer
(d) to be ripped from his land and family
5. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
(a) a servant who escaped
(c) three of the injured men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jocasta send for after hearing the messenger's news?
2. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
3. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
4. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
5. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)