|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) fighting when the town's in trouble
(b) not listening to each other
(c) making the gods upset
(d) not listening to the oracle
2. Who accused Oedipus of not being his father's real son?
(a) a drunk man at a dinner
(b) his cousin, son of his mother's sister
(c) a stranger passng through the town
(d) the local prophet
3. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
(a) Oedipus' parents
(d) the gods
4. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) talks to the people of Thebes
(b) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(c) challenges Oedipus to a fight
(d) flees the city of Thebes
5. What does Oedipus seem to think Jocasta is afraid of learning about his birth?
(a) that he's not born of natural parents
(b) that he's Polybus' son after all
(c) that he's older than they believed
(d) that he's of low social status
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
2. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
3. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
4. What does Oedipus tell Jocasta, when she begs him to tell her what's troubling him?
5. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)