|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
2. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
(a) how long Teiresias has lived in Thebes
(b) why Teiresias didn't give the identity of Laius' murderer at the time of the death
(c) whether Teiresias makes a profit from the town because of his prophesies
(d) how long Teiresias has been blind
3. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
(a) They are for the best.
(b) They can be stopped but only by Oedipus.
(c) They can be stopped by his silence.
(d) He cannot change them.
4. What is Jocasta's answer, when Oedipus asks how tall and old Laius was?
(a) Laius was old and bent, but tall.
(b) Laius was big and had white hair.
(c) Laius was skinny and tall and young-looking.
(d) Laius was small with a gray beard.
5. Why does the messenger tell Oedipus he is not Polybus' son?
(a) The messenger wants to relieve Oedipus's fear.
(b) The messenger wants to stop Oedipus from offending Apollo.
(c) The messenger wants to frighten Oedipus.
(d) The messenger wants to prove prophecies are meaningless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
2. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
3. What does Oedipus seem to think Jocasta is afraid of learning about his birth?
4. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
5. Does the shepherd identify the messenger as someone he's met?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)