|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
(a) He doesn't want to cause them both grief.
(b) He isn't sure about what he knows.
(c) He knows the truth, but the gods have told him not to say.
(d) He does not believe his own visions.
2. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) fighting when the town's in trouble
(b) not listening to each other
(c) making the gods upset
(d) not listening to the oracle
3. What does Jocasta advise Oedipus about his fears?
(a) to accept the prophecy, since he can't change the future
(b) to ignore prophecies and live life as best he can
(c) to act to try to avoid the prophecy
(d) to act to try to fulfill the prophecy
4. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
5. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(a) the gods
(c) the truth
(d) his powers
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
2. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
3. What gives Oedipus hope that he did not kill Laius?
4. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
5. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)