|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
(a) Oedipus offers to limit the murderer's banishment.
(b) Oedipus offers the murderer a place in Corinth in exchange for banishment from Thebes.
(c) Oedipus offers to banish the murderer instead of killing him.
(d) Oedipus offers the murderer his choice of death or banishment.
2. What is the position of the chorus, as stated by the chorus leader, in the conflict between Oedipus and Creon?
(a) Oedipus needs to defend himself.
(b) Oedipus should resign as king.
(c) Oedipus needs to question Teiresias more closely.
(d) Oedipus should not judge Creon prematurely.
3. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
(a) that he is not the murderer and doesn't know who the murderer is
(b) that he doesn't want to know who the murderer is
(c) that the murderer likely had nothing to do with Thebes
(d) that he suspects who the murderer is but doesn't know
4. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
(a) Oedipus was mislead by Teiresias.
(b) Creon is being framed.
(c) Creon was guilty.
(d) Oedipus was angry.
5. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(a) a small boy
(d) the chorus leader
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the chorus leader recognize the approaching shepherd?
2. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
3. What does Creon say his current position brings?
4. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
5. What simile does Jocasta use to describe the people of Thebes?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)