|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his elbows
(b) his knees
(c) his wrists
(d) his ankles
2. What simile does Jocasta use to describe the people of Thebes?
(a) like children who see their father's fear
(b) like soldiers who see their commander slain
(c) like people in a carriage who see the driver terrified
(d) like people on a ship who see the helmsman is afraid
3. What does Oedipus first say to Jocasta, after questioning the messenger about Polybus' death?
(a) He says that this foretells a new era of prosperity in Thebes.
(b) He says he must immediately leave for Corinth to see his mother.
(c) He regrets that he left his home in Corinth without reason.
(d) He wonders why anyone would pay homage to Apollo's prophets.
4. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) challenges Oedipus to a fight
(b) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(c) flees the city of Thebes
(d) talks to the people of Thebes
5. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
2. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
3. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
4. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
5. Where does the messenger want Oedipus to go?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)