|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
(a) that he comes from no nation
(b) that he will turn out to be a native Theban
(c) that he is an Athenian
(d) that he is a Corinthian
2. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his ankles
(b) his elbows
(c) his knees
(d) his wrists
3. What does the chorus say about Oedipus' possible motive for killing Laius?
(a) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have been angry.
(b) The chorus knows of no quarrel between the two houses.
(c) The chorus thinks Oedipus may have desired the throne.
(d) The chorus remembers rumors of a quarrel between the two houses.
4. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) not listening to each other
(b) making the gods upset
(c) fighting when the town's in trouble
(d) not listening to the oracle
5. Who does Jocasta say Laius had with him, as an escort?
(a) no one
(b) fifteen of the best men
(c) ten heralds
(d) five men, including a herald
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
2. What does Jocasta advise Oedipus about his fears?
3. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
4. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
5. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)