|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
(a) No human is skilled in prophecy.
(b) Oedipus is a fool not to listen to human prophets.
(c) Some human prophets are true and some are false.
(d) Human prophets are the voices of gods.
2. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
(a) leave Thebes immediately
(b) fall on his knees and pray
(c) repeat what he's said
(d) fight him
3. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
4. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(b) the gods
(c) the truth
(d) his powers
5. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
(a) that he comes from no nation
(b) that he is an Athenian
(c) that he will turn out to be a native Theban
(d) that he is a Corinthian
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oedipus' initial reaction when Creon asks to explain himself?
2. What does Creon say Oedipus can do, if he finds proof Creon's lying?
3. Where does the messenger want Oedipus to go?
4. What does Oedipus say that he still fears, after hearing the news of Polybus' death?
5. What does Oedipus ask about Polybus' death?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)