|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
(a) three of the injured men
(c) a servant who escaped
2. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
3. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
(a) Oedipus gives in to the chorus unwillingly, foreseeing doom to himself.
(b) Oedipus decides not to change his decision, though the chorus makes him doubtful.
(c) Oedipus is convinced by the chorus and gladly does what they ask.
(d) Oedipus refuses to listen to the chorus.
4. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
(a) He says the prophets have linked him to Laius.
(b) He is now married to Laius' wife.
(c) He feels drawn to the memory of Laius.
(d) He feels bound to Laius by the Sphinx's riddle.
5. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
(a) repeat what he's said
(b) fight him
(c) fall on his knees and pray
(d) leave Thebes immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the messenger want Oedipus to go?
2. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
3. Who does the messenger say gave him the infant Oedipus?
4. Does the shepherd identify the messenger as someone he's met?
5. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)