|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
2. What is Bond's last result when he tests his new weapon?
3. Why does Bond stay at the Astor Hotel?
4. Who is David Barlow?
5. In present time, where does most of the story's setting actually take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is "007 in New York" set up differently in its storytelling than the previous three stories in the novel?
2. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
3. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
4. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
5. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
6. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
7. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
8. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
9. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
10. For whom and why does Ian Fleming write "007 in New York"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bond's character comes out here and there between the four short stories in "Octopussy and The Living Daylights." Explain his thought processes and how it matches or contrasts with his external persona. What is the same or different? What is the purpose in having a different exterior to the people he meets? What inner strengths carries through to the exterior?
Essay Topic 2
Research government confidential information papers that are now open to the public. Choose one document and write a summary of the document and why it is is kept secret for years before it becomes public. Is it necessary to keep secret? How is it beneficial or detrimental to keep the files secret? Who is most affected? Who is most concerned?
Essay Topic 3
Research Fleming's biography and discuss how his real life relates to his James Bond series.
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)