|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Bond expect to be in the U.S.?
2. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
3. How does Sender handle Bond's work?
4. What does Bond wish to get from Abercrombie's?
5. What is most dangerous about the crossing site?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is "007 in New York" set up differently in its storytelling than the previous three stories in the novel?
2. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
3. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
4. Bond assumes his shot scares the living daylights out of Trigger. How is this a dangerous assumption and one that is not good for Bond?
5. Why does Bond prefer the auto firm that he uses in New York? What is the major benefit for his current situation in New York?
6. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
7. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
8. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
9. Why does Fleming have two people involved in Bond's mission? What is Captain Sender's role?
10. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research Fleming's biography and discuss how his real life relates to his James Bond series.
Essay Topic 2
The genre of James Bond books are espionage/spy thrillers that usually consists of suspense. Explain how Fleming creates suspense in each of his stories. Where is the climax in each story?
Essay Topic 3
Considering all the stories in "Octopussy and The Living Daylights," discuss why Bond may have inconsistent feelings about being a Double O agent. What causes Bond to love his job but hate it too?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)