|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the conditions as Bond tests his weapon?
2. Up to what point does Bond's day actually go as planned?
3. As Bond makes his plans, what does Bond remind himself of often?
4. Solange is known to do what after making love with Bond?
5. How long does Bond expect to be in the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
2. For whom and why does Ian Fleming write "007 in New York"?
3. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
4. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
5. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
6. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
7. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
8. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
9. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
10. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and describe the world of upscale jewelers and what it is like at galas, such as the auction scene at Sotheby's. How does knowing and understanding this world help Bond and make him a better spy?
Essay Topic 2
What does greed and the prospect of fame do to Smythe? How do these opportunities influence Smythe's life? What does it say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
In order to work for the Secret Service, the person is ideally focused on the assignment, but everyone is human, including Bond. How does Bond show vulnerability in his character that works against him as a secret service agent?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)