|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond end up meeting his intended person for the mission?
2. What does Bond tell the person he is meeting with?
3. What kind of weapon does the KGB have for their mission?
4. According to Bond, what is missing from New York's market?
5. What are the conditions as Bond tests his weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bond sets up the rendezvous point at Central park Zoo at a certain house. Why does he find it appropriate to meet his assignment at this house?
2. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
3. How does "007 in New York" meet the needs of American readers?
4. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
5. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
6. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
7. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
8. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
9. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
10. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The genre of James Bond books are espionage/spy thrillers that usually consists of suspense. Explain how Fleming creates suspense in each of his stories. Where is the climax in each story?
Essay Topic 2
Research government confidential information papers that are now open to the public. Choose one document and write a summary of the document and why it is is kept secret for years before it becomes public. Is it necessary to keep secret? How is it beneficial or detrimental to keep the files secret? Who is most affected? Who is most concerned?
Essay Topic 3
"007 in New York" is mainly to contrast Fleming's harsher words about New York in another article. Research New York as it is in the sixties and write about whether Fleming is valid in his opinion.
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)