|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond spend his first free afternoon while on assignment in Berlin?
2. When the person meets Bond for the rendezvous, what is the person's reaction to Bond's news?
3. What are M's feelings as he gives Bond his assignment in "The Living Daylights"?
4. Of the listed places, which does Bond NOT feel nostalgia for?
5. What is the corporal friend's job in connection with Bond's mission?
Essay Topic 1
Death and murder are encountered throughout the four short stories. Describe how several characters view death, such as Smythe, Bond, Sender, Trigger, etc. What affects their feelings? Is it different when it is their own death versus someone else's? What other factors influence their thoughts on whether death should or should not occur?
Essay Topic 2
"007 in New York" is mainly to contrast Fleming's harsher words about New York in another article. Research New York as it is in the sixties and write about whether Fleming is valid in his opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Bond is given a range of assignments that does not always include a tangible weapon but he still manages to get what he wants. Find examples in each of the story of how Bond uses a variety of weapons to get what he needs. Consider more than just tangible objects. For example, the cello player uses her femininity as a weapon to save her own death even without knowing it.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)