|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bond's plans before his rendezvous?
2. What causes great anticipation in Bond's assignment?
3. What is prepared by the time Bond returns to the apartment his first time out?
4. As Bond makes his plans, what does Bond remind himself of often?
5. Who is David Barlow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
2. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
3. Why does Bond prefer the auto firm that he uses in New York? What is the major benefit for his current situation in New York?
4. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
5. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
6. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
7. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
8. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
9. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
10. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many types of characters in The Living Daylights that are necessary to succeed in the mission to kill Trigger. Describe the different types of characters observed in the Secret Service and how they balance each other within the department.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about who is James Bond and how his characteristics fit his job as a secret service agent.
Essay Topic 3
What does greed and the prospect of fame do to Smythe? How do these opportunities influence Smythe's life? What does it say about his character?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)