|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bond's plans before his rendezvous?
2. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
3. One of Bond's best meal in New York consists of _____.
4. What causes Bond to sweat while waiting for his suitcase to be checked?
5. What is prepared by the time Bond returns to the apartment his first time out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fleming have two people involved in Bond's mission? What is Captain Sender's role?
2. How is "007 in New York" set up differently in its storytelling than the previous three stories in the novel?
3. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
4. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
5. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
6. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
7. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
8. What kind of man is Captain Paul Sender? What is his character type and how does this fit in his line of work?
9. Bond sets up the rendezvous point at Central park Zoo at a certain house. Why does he find it appropriate to meet his assignment at this house?
10. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Common government laws such as that under British, American and Russian rule do not allow murder without punishment. However, each of these governments are fully aware of assignments that include snipers and murders to occur under government departments. According to each of these governments, when is murder necessary? When is it valid?
Essay Topic 2
There are many types of characters in The Living Daylights that are necessary to succeed in the mission to kill Trigger. Describe the different types of characters observed in the Secret Service and how they balance each other within the department.
Essay Topic 3
Explain and describe the world of upscale jewelers and what it is like at galas, such as the auction scene at Sotheby's. How does knowing and understanding this world help Bond and make him a better spy?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)