|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond look forward to before his flight?
2. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
3. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
4. How are the FBI and CIA involved with Bond's mission?
5. Of the listed, which is NOT a place Bond reminisces about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
2. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
3. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
4. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
5. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
6. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
7. Bond assumes his shot scares the living daylights out of Trigger. How is this a dangerous assumption and one that is not good for Bond?
8. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
9. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
10. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering all the stories in "Octopussy and The Living Daylights," discuss why Bond may have inconsistent feelings about being a Double O agent. What causes Bond to love his job but hate it too?
Essay Topic 2
What internal conflicts must Bond and other Secret Service agents deal with when assignments are at odds with his/her morals? How does Bond deal with this conflicting situation in The Living Daylights?
Essay Topic 3
Explain and describe the world of upscale jewelers and what it is like at galas, such as the auction scene at Sotheby's. How does knowing and understanding this world help Bond and make him a better spy?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)