|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bond supposed to meet his intended assignment?
2. What familiarity does Bond experience in the building on Kochestrasse and Wilhlemstrasse?
3. According to Bond, what is wrong with "expense-account aristocracy"?
4. How does Bond relax himself before he takes his position?
5. What is the out of ordinary event at Haus der Ministerien?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
2. Why does Bond prefer the auto firm that he uses in New York? What is the major benefit for his current situation in New York?
3. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
4. How is "007 in New York" set up differently in its storytelling than the previous three stories in the novel?
5. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
6. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
7. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
8. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
9. Bond assumes his shot scares the living daylights out of Trigger. How is this a dangerous assumption and one that is not good for Bond?
10. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In order to work for the Secret Service, the person is ideally focused on the assignment, but everyone is human, including Bond. How does Bond show vulnerability in his character that works against him as a secret service agent?
Essay Topic 2
Smythe is hardly a man of determination, yet he feels the need to see through with his octopus experiment before he dies. Why does he feel this need? What satisfaction does this give him in the last minutes of his death?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets in the Double O espionage world. Write an essay on trust between the agents and who they meet. How is trust affected in their personal and professional lives? What must Bond always be aware of? How is this shown throughout his assignments?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)