|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond look forward to before his flight?
2. According to Bond, what is wrong with "expense-account aristocracy"?
3. What does Bond wish to get from Abercrombie's?
4. According to Bond, what is missing from New York's market?
5. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
2. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
3. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
4. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
5. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
6. Bond assumes his shot scares the living daylights out of Trigger. How is this a dangerous assumption and one that is not good for Bond?
7. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
8. Bond sets up the rendezvous point at Central park Zoo at a certain house. Why does he find it appropriate to meet his assignment at this house?
9. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
10. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Common government laws such as that under British, American and Russian rule do not allow murder without punishment. However, each of these governments are fully aware of assignments that include snipers and murders to occur under government departments. According to each of these governments, when is murder necessary? When is it valid?
Essay Topic 2
Explain and describe the world of upscale jewelers and what it is like at galas, such as the auction scene at Sotheby's. How does knowing and understanding this world help Bond and make him a better spy?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between the British Secret Service and the KGB. Why does the KGB send a double agent? What are the risks? What are the benefits and consequences?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)