Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals give Bond an idea of what kind of news to expect from his boss?
2. How does Bond feel about Snowman by the end of his visit to Wartski's?
3. What is Smythe preparing for since his arrival to the West Indies?
4. What is so important about the cairn?
5. What last hint does Snowman give Bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond visit Kenneth Snowman and is his visit successful?
2. When Smythe realizes he is pricked by the scorpion fish, what is his reaction and what does this say about his ability to feel?
3. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
4. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
5. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
6. According to Fleming, describe the four types of drunk in which Smythe falls into.
7. Describe the atmosphere of Sotheby's, the night of the auction of the Emerald Sphere? What are the rooms and people like?
8. Describe Freudenstein in Bond's view. Why is he biased?
9. Bond constantly meets new characters for his job and must make judgments about them. What signs show Bond is good at reading people?
10. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
Essay Topic 1
Bond's character comes out here and there between the four short stories in "Octopussy and The Living Daylights." Explain his thought processes and how it matches or contrasts with his external persona. What is the same or different? What is the purpose in having a different exterior to the people he meets? What inner strengths carries through to the exterior?
Essay Topic 2
Research Fleming's biography and discuss how his real life relates to his James Bond series.
Essay Topic 3
Considering all the stories in "Octopussy and The Living Daylights," discuss why Bond may have inconsistent feelings about being a Double O agent. What causes Bond to love his job but hate it too?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)