|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals give Bond an idea of what kind of news to expect from his boss?
2. How does Bond feel about Snowman by the end of his visit to Wartski's?
3. What is Smythe preparing for since his arrival to the West Indies?
4. What is so important about the cairn?
5. What last hint does Snowman give Bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond visit Kenneth Snowman and is his visit successful?
2. When Smythe realizes he is pricked by the scorpion fish, what is his reaction and what does this say about his ability to feel?
3. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
4. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
5. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
6. According to Fleming, describe the four types of drunk in which Smythe falls into.
7. Describe the atmosphere of Sotheby's, the night of the auction of the Emerald Sphere? What are the rooms and people like?
8. Describe Freudenstein in Bond's view. Why is he biased?
9. Bond constantly meets new characters for his job and must make judgments about them. What signs show Bond is good at reading people?
10. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
Essay Topic 1
What does greed and the prospect of fame do to Smythe? How do these opportunities influence Smythe's life? What does it say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets in the Double O espionage world. Write an essay on trust between the agents and who they meet. How is trust affected in their personal and professional lives? What must Bond always be aware of? How is this shown throughout his assignments?
Essay Topic 3
In order to work for the Secret Service, the person is ideally focused on the assignment, but everyone is human, including Bond. How does Bond show vulnerability in his character that works against him as a secret service agent?
This section contains 1,916 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)