|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
(a) The Queen's Prize Competition.
(b) A drink at the bar.
(d) A shooting match between the Officer and Bond.
2. Who does Bond presume the nondescript middle-aged man to be?
(a) Secret Service from the U.S. government.
(c) A thief.
(d) His second man.
3. Bond's night with Solange is likely spent _____.
(a) In Central Park Zoo.
(b) Listening to jazz music.
(c) At the sadist bar.
(d) At Rockefeller Center.
4. Where does Bond spend his first free afternoon while on assignment in Berlin?
(a) A walk to the Zoo.
(b) At a brownstone known by concierges and taxi drivers.
(c) At a bar.
(d) In the apartment.
5. Why does Bond stay at the Astor Hotel?
(a) It's quiet neighborhood.
(b) It has a great restaurant for lunch.
(c) It is requested by the other meeting party.
(d) Its location in Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul Sender's job?
2. What causes Bond to sweat while waiting for his suitcase to be checked?
3. What does Bond look forward to before his flight?
4. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
5. Where is the most likely place Trigger sets up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
2. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
3. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
4. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
5. How does "007 in New York" meet the needs of American readers?
6. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
7. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
8. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
9. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
10. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)