|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bond's last result when he tests his new weapon?
(a) On target.
(b) Too far left.
(c) Does not reach the target.
(d) Bond's last two shots are too low.
2. What is prepared by the time Bond returns to the apartment his first time out?
(a) The mission's report.
(b) Number 272 reception party.
(d) The gun and hiding clothes.
3. How does the KGB know the plans of Number 272?
(a) A double agent courier.
(b) The British agent does not use encoded messaging.
(c) The message is intercepted by a KGB agent.
(d) A double agent in the Communications department.
4. When the person meets Bond for the rendezvous, what is the person's reaction to Bond's news?
(a) Not surprised and already in preparation.
(b) Contemplates M's offer.
(c) Threatens suicide.
(d) Makes plans to hide away to Jamaica.
5. How does Bond sense trouble from M when he meets with him?
(a) M gives a forced smile.
(b) M gives no greeting.
(c) M furrows his brows.
(d) M is extra polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much later does Bond meet with his intended person than planned?
2. One of Bond's best meal in New York consists of _____.
3. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
4. Of the listed, which is NOT a place Bond reminisces about?
5. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
2. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
3. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
4. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
5. Why does Fleming have two people involved in Bond's mission? What is Captain Sender's role?
6. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
7. Bond assumes his shot scares the living daylights out of Trigger. How is this a dangerous assumption and one that is not good for Bond?
8. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
9. What kind of man is Captain Paul Sender? What is his character type and how does this fit in his line of work?
10. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)