|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Number 272 attempting to do?
(a) It's the plan to kill the British agent that holds sensitive information.
(b) Cross to West Berlin from East Berlin.
(c) Save the man that is crossing into Russian territory.
(d) It's a plan to save the British agent that is in Russian territory.
2. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
(a) His niece.
(b) British publishers.
(c) New York's Chapter of the James Bond Book Club.
(d) American publishers.
3. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
(a) A restaurant with the best scrambled eggs in town.
(b) A good place to get Izod socks.
(c) A sadist and masochist bar.
(d) A jazz lounge.
4. Who is David Barlow?
(a) Bond's alias.
(b) The man Bond is supposed to meet.
(c) The KGB agent that Bond warns the English woman about.
(d) Bond's second man for the assignment.
5. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
(a) Bond must kill Trigger.
(b) Bond and Trigger are to work together on an assignment.
(c) Trigger knows about Bond, but Bond is unaware of Trigger.
(d) Trigger must kill Bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original title of "007 in New York"?
2. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
3. What causes Bond and Sender to argue?
4. When is "007 in New York" first published in America?
5. What is Bond's limitation as he goes out for the day in Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
2. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
3. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
4. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
5. For whom and why does Ian Fleming write "007 in New York"?
6. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
7. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
8. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
9. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
10. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
This section contains 1,468 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)