|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is M's attitude when Bond meets with him?
(a) Too calm.
(d) Overly concerned.
2. One of Bond's best meal in New York consists of _____.
(a) Seafood bisque with pink champagne.
(b) Oyster stew and a Miller High Life.
(c) Clam chowder and a Miller Lite.
(d) Scrambled eggs with white wine.
3. Where is Bond headed to after he leaves Bisley?
(b) West Berlin.
(c) East Berlin.
(d) M's office.
4. What does Bond accuse Americans being too much of?
(c) Dependent on cars.
5. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
(b) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
(c) They is with the KGB.
(d) They know his true identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond add to his coffee when he makes his breakfast?
2. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
3. When is "007 in New York" first published in America?
4. What is the corporal friend's job in connection with Bond's mission?
5. Where is the most likely place Trigger sets up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is "007 in New York" set up differently in its storytelling than the previous three stories in the novel?
2. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
3. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
4. For whom and why does Ian Fleming write "007 in New York"?
5. Why does Bond prefer the auto firm that he uses in New York? What is the major benefit for his current situation in New York?
6. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
7. Bond assumes his shot scares the living daylights out of Trigger. How is this a dangerous assumption and one that is not good for Bond?
8. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
9. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
10. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)