|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
(a) Call the Ministry of Defence.
(b) Follow Bond.
(c) Call the NRA.
(d) Call M.
2. What are Bond's feelings, as he receives the assignment from M in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Prefers to receive the assignment than give it.
(b) Is happy to help a fellow agent.
(c) Reluctant and unwilling until forced to do so.
(d) Proud to be British.
3. How does Sender handle Bond's work?
(a) Understanding of Bond's decision.
(b) Disappointed in Bond.
(c) Angry that Bond fails his mission on purpose.
(d) Chooses not to write the truth in his report to protect Bond.
4. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) They know his true identity.
(b) They is with the KGB.
(c) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
(d) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
5. What is prepared by the time Bond returns to the apartment his first time out?
(a) The mission's report.
(c) The gun and hiding clothes.
(d) Number 272 reception party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up to what point does Bond's day actually go as planned?
2. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
3. According to Bond, what is wrong with "expense-account aristocracy"?
4. Where is Bond at the beginning of "007 in New York"?
5. Of the listed places, which does Bond NOT feel nostalgia for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
2. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
3. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
4. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
5. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
6. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
7. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
8. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
9. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
10. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
This section contains 1,470 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)