|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is New York preparing for during Bond's assignment in New York?
(a) World's Fair.
(c) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
(d) New Year's in Times Square.
2. Who does Bond presume the nondescript middle-aged man to be?
(a) Secret Service from the U.S. government.
(b) A thief.
(d) His second man.
3. What is Bond most concerned about, in regards to his new weapon?
(a) It's delay.
(c) Going through airport security.
4. What causes Sender to be nervous the first night of the mission?
(a) Movement amongst the rubble.
(b) Bond's drinking.
(c) Seeing Bond sweat so much.
(d) Movement in the dark windows.
5. Why must Bond not reveal his true name in New York?
(a) The person Bond is meeting does not agree to meet if Bond is revealed.
(b) The assignment is against the U.S.
(c) Bond is wanted by the U.S government.
(d) Suspected KGB knows Bond's identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the listed, which is NOT a place Bond reminisces about?
2. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
3. What does Bond tell the person he is meeting with?
4. What are M's feelings as he gives Bond his assignment in "The Living Daylights"?
5. As Bond makes his plans, what does Bond remind himself of often?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
2. Describe the airport at the beginning of "007 in New York" and how Bond deals with the chaos.
3. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
4. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
5. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
6. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
7. What kind of man is Captain Paul Sender? What is his character type and how does this fit in his line of work?
8. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
9. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
10. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)