|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bond's last result when he tests his new weapon?
(a) Does not reach the target.
(b) On target.
(c) Too far left.
(d) Bond's last two shots are too low.
2. How does the KGB know the plans of Number 272?
(a) A double agent in the Communications department.
(b) The message is intercepted by a KGB agent.
(c) A double agent courier.
(d) The British agent does not use encoded messaging.
3. Where is Bond at the beginning of "007 in New York"?
(a) Kennedy airport.
(b) London airport.
(c) Astor Hotel.
(d) Idlewild airport.
4. What is New York preparing for during Bond's assignment in New York?
(a) World's Fair.
(b) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
(d) New Year's in Times Square.
5. Where does Bond end up meeting his intended person for the mission?
(a) Empire State Building.
(b) At the Astor Hotel bar.
(c) Rockefeller Center.
(d) Central Park Zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond look forward to before his flight?
2. Where is Bond supposed to meet his intended assignment?
3. Why does Bond end up choosing The Edwardian Room for lunch?
4. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
5. Where does Bond spend his first free afternoon while on assignment in Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
2. For whom and why does Ian Fleming write "007 in New York"?
3. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
4. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
5. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
6. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
7. Bond assumes his shot scares the living daylights out of Trigger. How is this a dangerous assumption and one that is not good for Bond?
8. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
9. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
10. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)