|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
(a) Trigger must kill Bond.
(b) Trigger knows about Bond, but Bond is unaware of Trigger.
(c) Bond and Trigger are to work together on an assignment.
(d) Bond must kill Trigger.
2. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
(b) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
(c) They know his true identity.
(d) They is with the KGB.
3. What is the out of ordinary event at Haus der Ministerien?
(a) The women's orchestra.
(b) The man that tinkers with a loud car in its parking lot.
(c) The time a few of the staff enter and exit the building.
(d) All the lit windows.
4. What are the KGB's plans for Number 272?
(a) Delay Number 272.
(b) Murder him.
(c) To go through with it before the British Secret Service gets a hold of it.
(d) Stop it before it is enacted.
5. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
(a) He wipes the sweat off his hands.
(b) He glances to see where Number 272 is.
(c) He glances down the street to look for the cello player.
(d) He re-aims the sniperscope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the conditions as Bond tests his weapon?
2. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
3. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
4. What is the original title of "007 in New York"?
5. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
2. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
3. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
4. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
5. Why does Bond prefer the auto firm that he uses in New York? What is the major benefit for his current situation in New York?
6. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
7. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
8. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
9. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
10. Bond sets up the rendezvous point at Central park Zoo at a certain house. Why does he find it appropriate to meet his assignment at this house?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)