|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is prepared by the time Bond returns to the apartment his first time out?
(a) The mission's report.
(c) The gun and hiding clothes.
(d) Number 272 reception party.
2. What does Bond think of his new weapon?
(a) Bond refuses to use it and wants another better weapon.
(b) Bond feels the need to bring its drawbacks to attention.
(c) Bond thinks it suffices, but he works with better.
(d) Bond believes it is good and approves.
3. What kind of weapon does the KGB have for their mission?
(a) A sniperscope.
(b) A sub-machine gun.
(c) Poison gas.
4. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
(a) How high the wall is that the agent climbs.
(b) The large amount of open space that is uncovered.
(c) Weeds and rubble for good coverage.
(d) The ten-story building standing close by.
5. What does Bond add to his coffee when he makes his breakfast?
(a) A caffeine pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
2. Why does Bond stay at the Astor Hotel?
3. According to Bond, what is wrong with "expense-account aristocracy"?
4. Who is David Barlow?
5. What does Bond wish to get from Abercrombie's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
2. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
3. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
4. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
5. For whom and why does Ian Fleming write "007 in New York"?
6. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
7. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
8. How does "007 in New York" meet the needs of American readers?
9. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
10. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)