|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is "007 in New York" first published in America?
2. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
(a) Bond does not trust anyone but him.
(b) To keep an eye on Bond's results for M.
(c) The Chief Range Officer is a fan of Bond.
(d) He is ordered by the Ministry of Defence to be there.
3. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
(a) New York's Chapter of the James Bond Book Club.
(b) British publishers.
(c) His niece.
(d) American publishers.
4. Of the listed places, which does Bond NOT feel nostalgia for?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) The Battery.
(d) Washington Square.
5. What is Bond's first night like in Berlin?
(d) Filled with dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new weapon is Bond trying out in the beginning of "The Living Daylights"?
2. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
3. What causes great anticipation in Bond's assignment?
4. What is Bond's last result when he tests his new weapon?
5. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
2. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
3. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
4. How does Bond compare New York to London and Paris as he ponders his day?
5. Why does Bond prefer the auto firm that he uses in New York? What is the major benefit for his current situation in New York?
6. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
7. What kind of man is Captain Paul Sender? What is his character type and how does this fit in his line of work?
8. Based on Bond's daydreaming plans, use three adjectives to describe his character and why these words describe him.
9. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
10. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)