|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) They know his true identity.
(b) They is with the KGB.
(c) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
(d) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
2. How much later does Bond meet with his intended person than planned?
(a) Fifteen minutes ahead of time to throw off any watching eyes.
(b) Nine hours later.
(c) Thirty minutes after three.
(d) Right on time.
3. What is Paul Sender's job?
(a) Help Bond with his mission.
(b) Receive Number 272.
(c) Be a back-up if Bond fails his mission.
(d) Keep an eye on the cello player.
4. How long does Bond expect to be in the U.S.?
(a) For a week.
(b) Less than twelve hours.
(c) No more than 24 hours.
(d) Over the next two days.
5. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
(a) Follow Bond.
(b) Call the Ministry of Defence.
(c) Call M.
(d) Call the NRA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond add to his coffee when he makes his breakfast?
2. What new weapon is Bond trying out in the beginning of "The Living Daylights"?
3. One of Bond's best meal in New York consists of _____.
4. Where is the most likely place Trigger sets up?
5. What does Bond accuse Americans being too much of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
2. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
3. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
4. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
5. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
6. What kind of man is Captain Paul Sender? What is his character type and how does this fit in his line of work?
7. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
8. What are the purposes of the women's orchestra? Why do they visit the municipal building every night the week Bond has his mission?
9. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
10. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)