|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What familiarity does Bond experience in the building on Kochestrasse and Wilhlemstrasse?
(a) Smell of cabbage, cheap cigar and stale sweat.
(b) The sounds on the streets.
(c) The decor of the building.
(d) The architecture of the neighborhood.
2. How does the KGB know the plans of Number 272?
(a) The British agent does not use encoded messaging.
(b) A double agent courier.
(c) The message is intercepted by a KGB agent.
(d) A double agent in the Communications department.
3. What does Bond add to his coffee when he makes his breakfast?
(c) A caffeine pill.
4. How does Sender handle Bond's work?
(a) Angry that Bond fails his mission on purpose.
(b) Understanding of Bond's decision.
(c) Disappointed in Bond.
(d) Chooses not to write the truth in his report to protect Bond.
5. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
(b) They know his true identity.
(c) They is with the KGB.
(d) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Solange is known to do what after making love with Bond?
2. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
3. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
4. What causes Bond and Sender to argue?
5. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of man is Captain Paul Sender? What is his character type and how does this fit in his line of work?
2. Explain Bond's internal relationship with the cello player before he discovers the truth. How does this affect him?
3. For whom and why does Ian Fleming write "007 in New York"?
4. How are the Americans involved in Bond's mission? What is their reaction and concern?
5. Bond sets up the rendezvous point at Central park Zoo at a certain house. Why does he find it appropriate to meet his assignment at this house?
6. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
7. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
8. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
9. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
10. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)