|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bond's feelings, as he receives the assignment from M in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Proud to be British.
(b) Reluctant and unwilling until forced to do so.
(c) Is happy to help a fellow agent.
(d) Prefers to receive the assignment than give it.
2. What further impresses the Range Officer as he walks Bond out?
(a) The woman waiting for Bond.
(b) Bond's clothing.
(c) Bond's car.
(d) The commanding way Bond speaks to the Corporal.
3. When is "007 in New York" first published in America?
4. What is Bond most concerned about, in regards to his new weapon?
(c) Going through airport security.
(d) It's delay.
5. Of the listed, which is NOT a place Bond reminisces about?
(a) The Arlen.
(b) St. Regis.
(d) Ritz Carlton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
2. What does Bond think of his new weapon?
3. What are the KGB's plans for Number 272?
4. What are Bond's plans before his rendezvous?
5. Where does Bond end up meeting his intended person for the mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fleming show his true feelings about New York throughout the story?
2. Bond mentions that it would not be a bad thing if he is let go as a Double O agent. How much truth is in this statement and why does Bond say this?
3. Describe M as he gives an assignment that involves murder. How does this show his feelings in regards to his men?
4. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
5. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
6. Bond sets up the rendezvous point at Central park Zoo at a certain house. Why does he find it appropriate to meet his assignment at this house?
7. How does Bond's description of the cello player foreshadow her involvement with his assignment?
8. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
9. Bond is first suspicious of a man at the airport. What thrilling story does he propose for the nondescript man?
10. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)