|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bond's last result when he tests his new weapon?
(a) Too far left.
(b) On target.
(c) Does not reach the target.
(d) Bond's last two shots are too low.
2. What are the KGB's plans for Number 272?
(a) Delay Number 272.
(b) Murder him.
(c) Stop it before it is enacted.
(d) To go through with it before the British Secret Service gets a hold of it.
3. How are the FBI and CIA involved with Bond's mission?
(a) They are after the Russian man too.
(b) They are trying to find David Barlow before Bond.
(c) They are protecting the American woman.
(d) They are the ones Bond is warning the English woman about.
4. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
(a) To keep an eye on Bond's results for M.
(b) He is ordered by the Ministry of Defence to be there.
(c) The Chief Range Officer is a fan of Bond.
(d) Bond does not trust anyone but him.
5. What is the corporal friend's job in connection with Bond's mission?
(a) To distract Trigger.
(b) Make sure Bond's aparment is stocked with everything he needs.
(c) Keep an eye on Bond as he goes around Berlin.
(d) Make a car backfire to mute gunshot noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the out of ordinary event at Haus der Ministerien?
2. What is different about the double bedroom that Bond and Sender stay in than a typical flat?
3. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
4. How does Bond feel about New York by the end of his visit?
5. Of the listed places, which does Bond NOT feel nostalgia for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues are given as Bond plans out his day that foreshadows the ending of "007 in New York"?
2. What kind of persona does Bond display? Use the Chief Range Officer's impression as an example.
3. How does Bond spend his first free afternoon? How does virtue triumph in this situation?
4. How is the plot of "007 in New York" different from the other plots in the book?
5. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
6. How is "007 in New York" set up differently in its storytelling than the previous three stories in the novel?
7. What kind of man is Captain Paul Sender? What is his character type and how does this fit in his line of work?
8. Why does Bond fail to kill Trigger despite his perfect aim at the shooting range?
9. How does "007 in New York" meet the needs of American readers?
10. Bond sets up the rendezvous point at Central park Zoo at a certain house. Why does he find it appropriate to meet his assignment at this house?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)