|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signals give Bond an idea of what kind of news to expect from his boss?
(a) Whether his boss' door is open or not.
(b) Miss Moneypenny's expressions.
(c) How the weather is that day.
(d) M's tone over the intercom.
2. How does Bond feel about Snowman by the end of his visit to Wartski's?
(a) Bond trusts him completely.
(b) Bond is curious about Snowman's relationship with the Russian Control.
(c) Bond needs him, but thinks he is too devious to trust.
(d) Bond thinks Snowman is helpful, but too focused on his work to help.
3. What is Smythe preparing for since his arrival to the West Indies?
(a) Oberhauser's family to find him.
(b) A questioning, such as the one Bond is giving him.
(c) A plan B that allows escape and comfortable retirement elsewhere.
(d) A chance to leave the military past and enter the world of marine science.
4. What is so important about the cairn?
(a) It indicates his way back without Oberhauser.
(b) It indicates the site of the gold bars.
(c) It tells him the way to the secret treasure.
(d) It tells him where the bonds are hidden.
5. What last hint does Snowman give Bond?
(a) To keep watch on the audience's eyes for signals.
(b) The best view of the room is in the back.
(c) The hands are usually where the signals are.
(d) To look for any slight movement as a signal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smythe thinking when the octopus' tentacles reach out to him?
2. What is Bond's mood as the auction for Lot 42 starts to wind down?
3. What categorical drunk does Fleming group Smythe?
4. What does Smythe want to see before he dies?
5. During the end of Smythe's service, what are most of the files he is in charge of about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond visit Kenneth Snowman and is his visit successful?
2. When Smythe realizes he is pricked by the scorpion fish, what is his reaction and what does this say about his ability to feel?
3. Describe the crossing point for Number 272. How is the area good or bad for 272, Trigger and Bond?
4. Summarize Bond's mission and why it is to be kept from U.S. knowledge.
5. Explain Number 272 and what the plans are. How is Bond involved?
6. According to Fleming, describe the four types of drunk in which Smythe falls into.
7. Describe the atmosphere of Sotheby's, the night of the auction of the Emerald Sphere? What are the rooms and people like?
8. Describe Freudenstein in Bond's view. Why is he biased?
9. Bond constantly meets new characters for his job and must make judgments about them. What signs show Bond is good at reading people?
10. Describe Times Square in the eyes of James Bond. What does Bond like about the area?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)