|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 007 in New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Smythe get Oberhauser to stand exactly where he wants him?
(a) Pretends to see something afar and asks Oberhauser for his opinion.
(b) Lures him with questions about the views.
(c) Asks him to take a picture of Smythe from a certain angle.
(d) Tells him to move over for a picture.
2. What new weapon is Bond trying out in the beginning of "The Living Daylights"?
(a) A sniperscope.
(b) A cello that is really a gun.
(c) A briefcase that shoots darts.
(d) A poison gas bomb.
3. What is Smythe thinking when the octopus' tentacles reach out to him?
(a) That he finally gets to "shake hands" with it.
(b) That he is more at home here than on land.
(c) That he wants to go in this manner than the long ordeal of court martial.
(d) That the octopus is smarter than people give it credit for.
4. What is Miss Freudenstein's role with the British Secret Service?
(a) She is a Russian translator.
(b) Encode messages with the Purple Cipher.
(c) She is M's secretary.
(d) She encodes messages from the KGB.
5. What is Paul Sender's job?
(a) Receive Number 272.
(b) Help Bond with his mission.
(c) Keep an eye on the cello player.
(d) Be a back-up if Bond fails his mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Bond get in regards to Russia's local Control in London?
2. Who does Bond presume the nondescript middle-aged man to be?
3. What is Number 272 attempting to do?
4. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
5. What signals give Bond an idea of what kind of news to expect from his boss?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)