|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Octopussy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scorpion fishes main weapon?
(a) Poisonous dorsal fin.
(b) Long, sharp teeth.
(c) Sharp scales.
(d) Poisonous bite.
2. What is Smythe thinking when the octopus' tentacles reach out to him?
(a) That he finally gets to "shake hands" with it.
(b) That the octopus is smarter than people give it credit for.
(c) That he wants to go in this manner than the long ordeal of court martial.
(d) That he is more at home here than on land.
3. Tired of playing mind games, what does Bond offer Smythe?
(a) For Bond to care for his arraignments or less forgiving men to handle his case.
(b) Time to consider his confession.
(c) To leave quietly or publicly.
(d) A sleeping pill on their way out.
4. How long does Smythe make friends with "Pussy"?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
5. What is Bond's personal connection to Smythe's crime?
(a) Oberhauser is a dear friend of Bond's.
(b) The contents of the ammunition box are Bond's.
(c) Bond looks up to Smythe's work in the service.
(d) Bond and Smythe are enemies from a previous assignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so important about the cairn?
2. What catches Smythe's eye as he looks over the files?
3. Who are Smythe's "people"?
4. What happens over time as Smythe spends his retirement in the Caribbean?
5. Who is Major Dexter Smythe talking to in the introduction of the story Octopussy?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)