• Major Dexter Smythe is diving in the waters of Jamaica looking for a scorpion fish to feed an octopus.
• Smythe recalls events of earlier in the day.
• Earlier in the day, James Bond visits Smythe at his villa, the Wavelets.
• In the living room, Bond asks Smythe about his work at the end of WWII at Tyrol.
• Smythe knows he commits a crime there, but pretends his time at Tyrol is innocent.
• Bond gives enough information to let Smythe know he cannot get away with it and gives him time to think over his confession.
• As Bond waits in the garden, Smythe recalls his time in Germany after its surrender.
• Smythe is made temporary Lieutenant-Colonel of Group A as part of the Miscellaneous Objects Bureau.
• Smythe is stationed in Ober Aurach and is given papers to look over.
• One of the envelopes has instructions to gold...
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)