* Major Dexter Smythe is diving in the waters of Jamaica looking for a scorpion fish to feed an octopus.
* Smythe recalls events of earlier in the day.
* Earlier in the day, James Bond visits Smythe at his villa, the Wavelets.
* In the living room, Bond asks Smythe about his work at the end of WWII at Tyrol.
* Smythe knows he commits a crime there, but pretends his time at Tyrol is innocent.
* Bond gives enough information to let Smythe know he cannot get away with it and gives him time to think over his confession.
* As Bond waits in the garden, Smythe recalls his time in Germany after its surrender.
* Smythe is made temporary Lieutenant-Colonel of Group A as part of the Miscellaneous Objects Bureau.
* Smythe is stationed in Ober Aurach and is given papers to look over.
* One of the envelopes has instructions to gold bars...
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)