|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
2. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
3. What do people call the area in the winter?
4. What does Marie find that reminds her of the old Frank?
5. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
2. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
3. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
4. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
5. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
6. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
7. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
8. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
9. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
10. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Lou and Oscar are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Alexandra endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)