|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
2. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
3. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
4. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
5. How does Marie describe the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
2. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
3. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
4. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
5. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
6. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
7. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
8. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
9. What does Emil ask Alexandra about their grandfather, and what is her response?
10. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Lou and Oscar are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)