|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
2. What led someone to find the dead lovers?
3. Who finds the dead lovers?
4. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
5. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
2. What does Alexandra do when she first gets to Lincoln to visit Frank in prison?
3. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
4. What does Emil ask Alexandra about their grandfather, and what is her response?
5. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
6. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
7. How did Ivar find out about the murders?
8. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
9. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
10. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alexandra presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)