|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Amedee's pain?
2. Whom does Alexandra want to visit after Emil's death?
3. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
4. Who tells Emil about Amedee's death?
5. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Alexandra endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)