|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
2. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
3. What does Marie find that reminds her of the old Frank?
4. Where did Emil spend the winter?
5. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Alexandra endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)