|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
2. What does Frank take with him when he goes searching for Emil and Marie?
3. Who tells Alexandra that Lous and Oscar are talking to Carl?
4. What led someone to find the dead lovers?
5. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
2. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
3. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
4. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
5. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
6. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
7. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
8. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
9. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
10. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)