|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many teeth does Annie Lee's mother have?
2. Where does Emil talk with Amedee before leaving for Omaha?
3. Who supports Amedee when he collapses?
4. What does Marie do at the festival?
5. Whom did Alexandra once spend a perfect afternoon with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel during the festival?
2. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
3. What does Alexandra do when she first gets to Lincoln to visit Frank in prison?
4. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
5. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
6. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
7. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
8. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
9. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
10. What does Marie say about the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alexandra presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Lou and Oscar are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)