|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marie's expression in death?
2. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
3. What does Marie thank God for after hearing about Amedee's pain?
4. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
5. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
2. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
3. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
4. How does Emil describe Amedee's situation before he leaves for Omaha?
5. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
6. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
7. How does Frank feel during the festival?
8. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
9. What does Alexandra want for Emil when he leaves after the festival, and why does she see this as impossible at the moment?
10. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Alexandra endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)